View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:15 am



Reply to topic  [ 393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Fhealltoir Take:2 
Author Message
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
"Restada is the lowest threat. Bramble can chase, Slingers have HE missiles so they could cause problems for our smoke later."


Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:30 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12868
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
Move 4 East

Cannon/machinegun/drones to fire at anything within line of sight.


Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:05 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 5187
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
>2N

>5 Mobi punch Slinger

>Turn E, 2 E

>Max mobi kick Slinger

>Smoke self


Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:53 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3933
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
>Fire both the SABRE and Backstop at the W Slinger in U1, taking clear not to dump my weapons when Frog is punching it. ESSSWW to end on V8, reaction fire NW with electrolasers for stray infantry coming through the debris gaps.


Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:59 am
Profile
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1525
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
Thunder calls out, trying to keep the team on mission "Crispr, Kettlehead, unload on this group, then back South. We can't waste too much time on these guys, there's Fivers to kill and more enemies on the way." He pauses for a moment to open a line to Mylan "Hey Mylan, got anything left aside from those powersuit killers?" Mylan replies with something of a bitter tone to his voice "Just small arms, I wasn't planning on dealing with Armour."
Crispr then replies to Thunder "Consider leaving behind the Slingers; they are slow, pathetic machines. The only threat they pose is to our time." Thunders responds, giving his assesment of threats. "Restada is the lowest threat. Bramble can chase, Slingers have HE missiles so they could cause problems for our smoke later."

Five icons representing Sumats pop into view on the tacmap pushing on Contingent Three, three of them rapidly blink out, but there's still a decent number of hostiles pushing on them, at which point Screens voice comes over the radio with a background noise of weapons fire "They have mortars firing on us. Shouldn't be a huge issue once we deal with these guys, but you should be on the lookout."


Image

Orbital scans of this district show it to be a relatively small spaceport with two landing pads, there are a selection of logistics buildings scattered throughout the maze of containers that composes most of the district, but there are also Military garrisons in the south eastern and south western corners.

- Destroy enemy AAA units.
- Board Orbital Hauler for Extraction. [Pre-requisite Incomplete]


HKU - Thunder

Switching to the other Bramble, you let Crispr start softening it up and then fire a charged shot with your Railgun.
[180mm Railgun] 80+50-5:100 - 85 76 55 47 56
The shot plows into its shield dropping it, and leaving it wide open for Crispr to utterly demolish. You then pull south while scanning for infantry.


CrazyMLC - Crispr
- EMP Recharge:3

Centering aim on one of the Brambles you have a go at softening up its shields.
[EMP Emitter] 80+20:100 - 33
[Heavy Flamethrower] 80+20:100 - 55 15 15 95

Your shots land, cracking its shield, and wearing into it, which Thunder makes full advantage of and shatters the shield with his Railgun.
Wanting to make sure you finish it off, you give it a full combo from your weapons.
[Ag Caoineadh Iarainn] 80+20:100 - 74
[Dorn Lasair] 80+20:100 - 70

It survives about as well as you'd expect something with no smartplate to, that is as little more than a barely identifiable shower of shrapnel scattered across the asphalt. You then pull around the building, keeping your front towards the enemies you're leaving in case they try to follow.


TheKebbit - Kettlehead

Centering aim on one of the Walkers you wait for Frog to drop its shielding before opening up on it.
[70mm SABRE Chaingun] 80+50+10:100 - 13 6 52 17 44 78 58 95 59 85
[50mm "Backstop" Missile] 80+50+10:100 - 12

Your SABRE chews a hole through its armour that you missile finds, the resulting explosion reduces it to scrap, seeing your target taken care of you pull back around the buildings, setting your Electrolasers to scan for possible infantry you look over to your Ammo readout and frown, running low on APHE gonna have to swap to another feed all too soon.


CaveCricket48 - Baroque

Pulling back, you scan the area checking all angles for hostiles, but you can't see any, seems this area might be clear.


DSMK2 - STOP

Figuring you'll not be needed up north, you start pulling west, joining back up with the others.


Areku - Frog

Bursting out of your smoke you rush up to the Walker to your front, and deliver a punch that shatters its shielding, moving on quickly to allow Kettlehead to finish it off you move over to the other, and drive you foot into it with as much power as you can manage, it's shield bursts, and you foot continues on through to tear away chunk of armour. IT proceeds to stagger back away from you, firing off its weapons.
[150mm Missile] 80+20-50-5/2:22 - 77
[30mm Chaingun] 80+20-50-5/2:22 - 32 21 17 45 41 6 17 16 76 59

It manages to score a reasonable number of hits with its chaingun, dropping your shield and even scoring a hit on your armour, what is concerning though is how one of your shield emitters bursts in a shower of sparks, not all that surprising, shields generally aren't rated to be taken down repeatedly without maintenance after all.


---- Enemies ----

Bramble [W2?]
- Shield Up (Cracked)
- Hull Undamaged

Vinbero #3
- Shield Down
- Armour Damaged

Restada [V2?]
- Shield Up
- Armour Undamaged

Ramat #1
- Shield Down
- Armour Damaged

Ramat #2
- Shield Up
- Armour Undamaged

Slinger [X1?]
- Shield Down
- Armour Damaged

Pony [J5]
- Shield Down
- Minor Armour Damage

Restada [K7]
- Shield Down
- Armour Undamaged

Restada [L7]
- Shield Down
- Armour Undamaged

Sumat [J6]
- Armour Undamaged

Sumat [J7]
- Armour Undamaged


Last edited by Amazigh on Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:00 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4772
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
>S tW. High Deora J6. WW tS. Fire on anything that isn't friend-shaped.


Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:04 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12868
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
> Move 3 West, Turn South, Move 3 South, stay behind cover. Drones fire at will.


Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:29 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Posts: 5187
Location: The Grills Locker.
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
>Smoke SW

>Turn W, 4W, turn S, 12S, ending at square S-13

>Keep watch for the southern fiver to show up


Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:39 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:19 am
Posts: 1100
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
> 1W tS Reaction Turn for any enemies to the West 6S


Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:35 pm
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
> Turn S, 4S and hug the corner so that I can't get shot by something around the corner.
Set reaction fire on anything that comes out in front of me.

"Crispr, can you head towards the other group and provide cover from the north for us? Help them out too. I don't want our exit compromised."
> Also, open a private channel with just our group.
"And everyone, keep an eye on the other group. The moment we drop the last Fiver, they'll lose the only thing keeping the last ship from taking off. Not saying they'll ditch us, but if they're smart they might ditch us."


Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:11 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Posts: 3933
Location: NORTH
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
on the secure frequency Thunder opened:
"No honor among thieves?"

WWSSSS. While crossing the gap, swap the SABRE APHE ammo for HEAT, send a Backstop missile at the Ramats skulking on E11, and reaction fire W on infantry/PA with electrolasers.


Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:25 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
"Probably more of 'they aren't paying me to die for you, and this ♥♥♥♥'s gotten too hot'."


Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:42 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:10 am
Posts: 1525
Location: Ye Olde England
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
"Crispr, can you head towards the other group and provide cover from the north for us? Help them out too. I don't want our exit compromised." Thunder Barks out more orders as he fiddles with his comms unit, and finding the settings he wanted sends a transmission to just the Squad "And everyone, keep an eye on the other group. The moment we drop the last Fiver, they'll lose the only thing keeping the last ship from taking off. Not saying they'll ditch us, but if they're smart they might ditch us." After a moments pause Kettlehead sends back "No honor among thieves?" To which Thunder replies "Probably more of 'they aren't paying me to die for you, and this ♥♥♥♥'s gotten too hot'."


Image

Orbital scans of this district show it to be a relatively small spaceport with two landing pads, there are a selection of logistics buildings scattered throughout the maze of containers that composes most of the district, but there are also Military garrisons in the south eastern and south western corners.

- Destroy enemy AAA units.
- Board Orbital Hauler for Extraction. [Pre-requisite Incomplete]


HKU - Thunder
--!!STUNNED!!-- [-50% to hit and halved mobility this turn, -20% to hit next turn]

Turning around you push out past the container, only to take some fire.
[20MW Plasgun] 80+20-25-5:70 - 22
A plasgun bolt splashes against your shield, but you keep going, and the Ramats proceed to fire on you.
[76mm Autocannons] 80+20-25:75 - 94 18 69 23 69 29 57 88
Their fire eats through more of your shielding, but it holds and you skid to a stop just at the end of the stacks of containers, catching sight of the Powered Armour ahead, you bring your AP Laser around.
[AP Pulse Laser] 80+50-50-15-20:45 - 90 62 43 38 89 94 58 21 22 66
You score a few hits but most go wide, at which it returns fire.
[40mm Cannon] 80-25-10:45 - 56[/color]
The shot goes well wide, no real surprise with them running away as fast as they can manage.


CrazyMLC - Crispr
- EMP Recharge:2
[High Angle Deora Inbound on K6]


Repositioning slightly you launch a barrage of Canisters to help cover your allies.
[Ag Caoineadh Iarainn] 80+20-25:75 - 86
[Scatter] 4(East)

You feel like your shot was slightly off, but it's going in the right direction at least. Back to the present you plow through the debris in front of you and round the corner and scan the arc you can view, and there, right down to the far south is the Fiver, so you give it a shell from your Dorn Lasair.
[Dorn Lasair] 80+20-5:95 - 39
It scores a direct hit, the heat softening it up ready for some serious damage, at this a Bramble pokes itself out from between the containers and fires at you.
[12MW Particle Lance] 80+20-15-10-20:55 - 72
The shot form its Particle Lance misses you though, what a mistake.


TheKebbit - Kettlehead

Cycling the ammo feed on your SABRE you fly out behind Thunder to let him take the enemy fire, and launch a missile at the pair of Tanks in the distance.
[50mm "Backstop" Missile] 80+50-45:85 - 13
[Discharger APS] 100 - 79

You grimace as with your missile mid-flight you remember they have Dischargers, and just carry on taking up position a short distance behind Thunder, Only to have a Light tank fire at you from the far north.
[8MW Plasgun] 80-10-15:55 - 58
But thankfully it's shot goes wide and misses, that would have done a real number on your shields.


CaveCricket48 - Baroque

Moving forwards, you have your drones scan the area for hostiles, but nothing shows itself, guess this area might actually be clear after all.


DSMK2 - STOP

Pulling around the corner you set your Reaction turn systems online, and as soon as you make it past the containers they trigger.
[20MW Plasgun] 80+40-15-45:60 - 84
You brace in your seat as you spin to face a Sostenir and watch your plasma bolt go short and merely glass a chunk of concrete, quickly spinning yourself back on track you head south, and get as far as you can manage.


Areku - Frog

Dropping smoke to give some cover to your movement you start heading to regroup with the others, only to take a volley of fire.
[12MW Particle Lance] 80+20-5-25-50:20 - 74
[8MW Plasgun] 80-10-25:45 - 24
[50mm Rockets] 80+20-5-25-5-50:15 - 12 73 65 11 29 13 46 46 35 13 23 3 1 62 75 20 44 48 100 36
[Twin Laser Turret APS] 60 - 96 75

A few of the Rockets make contact and do some damage to your armour, but you sprint past and make it quite a distance away from them at least.


---- Enemies ----

Bramble [S5]
- Shield Up
- Hull Undamaged

Vinbero #3
- Shield Down
- Armour Damaged

Restada [T3]
- Shield Up
- Armour Undamaged

Ramat #1
- Shield Down
- Armour Damaged

Ramat #2
- Shield Up
- Armour Undamaged

Slinger [X1?]
- Shield Down
- Armour Damaged

Sumat [J6]
- Armour Undamaged

Sumat [J7]
- Armour Undamaged

Sostenir [O10]
- Shield Up
- Armour Undamaged

Fiver [O20]
- Minor Armour Damage
- Heat


Last edited by Amazigh on Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:48 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 12868
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
> Move 4 West, open fire on any visible enemies with the appropriate weaponry.

If no enemies visible, Turn South, Move 1 South, Turn West. Fire on any visible enemies.


Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:54 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4772
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Fhealltoir Take:2
>SS tW WWW. Flamer any infantry, and Deora -> Lasair any grouped up vehicles I see.


Last edited by CrazyMLC on Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:51 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 393 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.026s | 15 Queries | GZIP : Off ]