View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:23 am



Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Ecliptic 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:19 am
Posts: 1119
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ecliptic
> Look outside for the source of the sound.


Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:28 pm
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ecliptic
Gaston [10]
The hell is that shaking? You have a bad feeling about this.
Going to the front of the shop, you hug the wall and carefully peek out the window to see what's out there, making sure to keep as much of you hidden as you do.

Knocks [-]
Looks like they have things handled.
You take the time to get used to your new spear while you've got the free time. Swish, stab stab. Swish swish, stab. Smack, swish, smack, swish, stab.
Not ideal for rats, but should fare you well against something like those dogs.

Dirk [3]
You're bothered by that shaking. It makes you worry about the sewer, and its structural integrity.
The drain is blocked, or at least blocked enough, so you head to the front of the shop and open the door to look out.
You look to the right, nothing.
You look to the left,

Misha [5]
You: "That sound better not be coming from that pothole or I'm going to lose my ♥♥♥♥."
A quick look outside confirms that the manhole is still fine, truck still firmly in place and NOT being rocked by surging waves of rats or anything. The rumbling is still worrying you though, so you head over to the door and peek out the window from behind the sewer worker.

All
Gaston, Dirk, and Misha all head to the front of the shop to look outside, each with varying degrees of caution.
All three look to the left down the street simultaneously, and catch sight of the source of the rumbling.
An enormous elephant, larger than any regular elephant and standing easily 2 stories tall, is stalking down the street, waving its head back and forth to scan the buildings as it walks.
The flesh on its chest is pulled taught, ribs visible through its skin, while its legs seem overly long and also overly muscular. Two pairs of tusks jut from its mouth, reaching out far and low, perfect height for goring a person nearby it. Its trunk on the other hand is short and shrivelled, barely reaching down to its thighs. Most notably, its skin is the same angry red as all the other dangerous animals that have been around today.

A heartbeat after the group sees the elephant, the elephant sees the group.
It emits a tremendous cry, half trumpet and half scream, enough to rattle the walls of the ramen shop, and immediately begins charging.


Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:27 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:19 am
Posts: 1119
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ecliptic
> ♥♥♥♥. Get away from the windows, put a wall between the windows and elephant.
"Oh ♥♥♥♥"


Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:31 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4772
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ecliptic
> Hide somewhere the elephant won't see me, preferably so that it would charge past me if it were to come through the building. Stab it in the closest leg joint if it does.


Last edited by CrazyMLC on Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.



Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:06 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 13136
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ecliptic
> Head through the kitchen and to the backdoor, take a peek outside for any other dangers before exiting.


Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:29 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:04 pm
Posts: 1545
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ecliptic
"Heh that looks like my friend's ♥♥♥♥."
Run inside, get a knife and a broom.


Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:30 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ecliptic
Gaston [5]
Wasting no further time, you haul ass for the back of the shop, making for the door to the outside on the right wall the moment your eyes see it. The others back here are starting to make a ruckus, but you don't have time for that.
You crack the door and quickly scan the back alley. Nothing in sight, but that's only one half of the door. With a quick breath and a prayer, you open the door enough to stick your head out.
To the right of the door, back towards the street, there's a dead end in just a couple feet. Nowhere to go that way, and no real way for something to come after you from the street.
To the left, a 6 foot or so gap between buildings that leads to a wider back alley between two streets. Lots of dumpsters, some wooden pallets and trash, just the picture of a grungy city alleyway. And most importantly, no angry monsters.

Knocks [3]
You almost flinch at the awful racket outside, while most of the patrons absolutely lose their heads and run for the back of the shop. Keeping some caution about you, you look around for somewhere to hide.
Frankly, there's not much room to the shop. It's a somewhat small, definitely thin ramen shop. If an elephant smashed through the front door, there's basically no room to its sides to run or hide.
The one real option is the bathroom in the back, off to the left side of the kitchen. You think that's just about perfect, if the elephant breaks in then it should be perfectly position to stab its leg.
You take your place in the bathroom, waiting for your prey to approach.

Dirk [10]
You: "Oh ♥♥♥♥"
Young Man: "Heh that looks like my friend's ♥♥♥♥."
Despite his remark, you catch a look at his face and, you're not sure if he looks terrified or excited. Stress might've gotten to him.
You and most of the others run to the kitchen, while a few brave or stupid souls stay out front and cluster towards the window to see what's making the noise. There's a couple wide open doorways exposing you to the front half, but there's at least a wall between you and the elephant now.
Harris: "Dirk, is there a ♥♥♥♥ elephant out there?"

Misha [8]
Sewer Guy: "Oh ♥♥♥♥"
You: "Heh that looks like my friend's ♥♥♥♥."
Deciding to take the common path, you and most of the others flood into the kitchen. Rather than wait around for death though, you grab a kitchen knife on a wall mounted knife block, and make for the broom closet.
That hobo guy had the right idea making a spear, can't be too hard. Looks like the noodle boss is a fan of the classics thankfully, and you find a surprisingly thick wood handled broom in the closet. Nice, all you need is some twine or tape now.

All
The sound of the elephant's cry, combined with the rapid and powerful quakes of it running, are enough to send most of the noodle shop's patrons to the kitchen for safety. Four remain by the window, hugging the wall similar to how Gaston was. Unfortunately, they don't see the animal in time like he did.

The elephant crashes into the front of the shop, and instantly almost all of the glass explodes into huge, thick shards. Its four tusks sweep across the front of the shop as it swings and thrashes, bellowing all the while. The two of the four who stayed are gone immediately, one bleeding furiously from huge glass cuts, the other having taken one of the elephant's tusks to the side of the head.
The other two scream and try to escape, scrambling to get to the back of the shop. Both go down when the elephant swings its head again, one gored by the very tip of a tusk, the other hit by its tusks and crushed into the wall, flopping to the ground with her spine no longer holding her upper half up.
Having exhausted anyone in the front of the shop, the elephant gives a particularly large bellow, then begins thrashing and pushing into the shop more. The entire front half of the noodle store is shredded in seconds, chairs and tables and booths ripped up and flung around, the counter demolished, light fixtures torn off and smashed. The creature is too tall to even fit in the store, not that it lets that stop it as it pushes in more, cracking the roof as it goes. As it advances the tips of its tusks start reaching the wall dividing the front from the kitchen, and against the beast's thrashing they put up about as much resistance as cardboard.


Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:53 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:19 am
Posts: 1119
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ecliptic
> BREATHE.
"Harris, yes, this shop is a goner"

My poking stick will always be in hand.
"We gotta get out"
Rush to the back door and out of it.


Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:07 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 13136
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ecliptic
> Step outside and make my way towards the not-dead-end, but just peek out to see if there's anything in the street, don't go out there yet.


Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:10 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4772
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ecliptic
> Reconsider my plan after seeing it demolish the store. Make an escape, try to stay near boss man since he appears the most competent.


Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:41 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:04 pm
Posts: 1545
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ecliptic
Shove the knife into my belt and keep the broom in hand while booking it with the others. Grab a big pan lid on the way out.


Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:21 am
Profile
Loose Canon
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Posts: 2992
Location: --------------->
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ecliptic
Gaston [-]
You walk to the end of the alley as quietly as you can, though with that elephant back there turning the shop into a ruin you don't think your sound will be too hard to miss.
But hey, caution equals survival.
No monsters at the end of the alley, and a quick peek around the corner... good one way, and... good the other. You're clear.
The ramen shop is about in the middle of the block, so both exits to the alley are about 300 feet away in either direction.
Probably doesn't matter quite yet, but you feel like you should develop a plan, or at least a destination.

Knocks [8]
After reviewing the evidence of your suitability to hunt this prey, and its ability to be hunted, you decide that it's a better idea to get the hell out of here.
Boss man: "EVERYONE OUT, NOW!"
Boss man agrees! Good, good. He begins herding everyone out the side door to a back alley, and you follow before that tusked bulldozer can get through the entire front of the shop and block you off. Man, if it had broken through faster you could've been stuck between a serious rock and a hard place.

Dirk [10]
You take a quick deep breath to steady yourself.
You: "Harris, yes, this shop is a goner."
Shop Owner: "EVERYONE OUT, NOW!"
You sure don't need to be told twice. Despite the panic and the rapidly encroaching engine of destruction, the noodle shop's boss manages to keep everyone under control and the rest of the people get out the side door without any shoving and pushing, though there's a healthy amount of scared muttering and glancing back at the tatters of the dividing wall. At least the kitchen's ceiling is fairly low compared to the front, so it shouldn't be able to push through quite as easily.
You grip your poking stick, trusting in your tool to see you through, as you and the others flood into the dirty alley behind the shop. Looks like one guy is already scoping out the greater alley running through the middle of the block up ahead.

Misha [3]
You shove the knife in your belt, for lack of a better idea on how to handle it, and quickly look for a pot lid while the others book it. Lid, lid, lid...
Dammit why the hell are there no pot lids?! You clearly see pots, so why no lids?! Maybe they're all in the sin-
Your train of thought is blown to pieces as the elephant manages to smash its face through the wall dividing kitchen from dining area. The elephant lets out another of those insane scream-trumpets, practically deafening you, and convincing you to abandon the lid hunt in favor of getting the ♥♥♥♥ out of here.
The elephant waving its trunk and tusks mere feet away from you, and getting closer each second, are a major contributing factor.

All
Everyone still alive has evacuated the restaurant, with the elephant stuck inside, for the moment. It continues to noisily thrash inside the building and shake the earth, but the lower ceiling and thicker building seems to have slowed it down, for a bit at least.
The noodle shop's owner frowns heavily at the sight inside, but shuts the door with a sigh as the last person leaves and the elephant gives another huge furious bellow.


Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:19 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:52 pm
Posts: 13136
Location: Here
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ecliptic
> Hop out of cover and take a quick look at the pawn shop - any monster beasts inside? Is it locked up?


Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:23 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:20 am
Posts: 4772
Location: Good news everyone!
Reply with quote
Post Re: Ecliptic
> Scan the horizon. Any angry birds?


Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:39 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[ Time : 0.028s | 15 Queries | GZIP : Off ]