View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:37 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 [WIP] Shadow Industries Weapon Pack [Last Updated 3/2/08] 

Post [WIP] Shadow Industries Weapon Pack [Last Updated 3/2/08]
Shadow Industries - Weapon Pack

(Note shoots a shell that explodes in a spray of black smoke that has extreme sharpness)

(Note the Shockwave spreads differently each shot)

Contained here is a Liquid Nitrogen Gun and a Lava Gun, the Liquid Nitrogen Gun will basically settle on top of anything (people, dropships) and either freeze them in place from the material being so stiff, or make their heads explode from its velocity.

The Lava Gun is my baby, this is the secondary weapon I've been playing with, this gun shoots a spray of lava that melts through anything excluding concrete and dropship cores (engines are fair game), it makes diggers look bad. People just plain explode and melt on contact, nothing says fun like melting a coalition's feet right off.

Included in Update is the Bio Gun and Flak Cannon, both usable completely, the Flak Cannon is not in balanced condition ammo-wise and reload time its still in relative testing.

Otherwise, enjoy, the Flak Cannon is intended for Anti-air purposes and some anti-personnel.

The Bio Gun you'll also have fun with as well, try it in cramped hallways ;) it bounces off everything and devastates vegetation and people =p

Update 2/27/08: The Shockwave Cannon shoots a wave outwards that pushes anything heavily in one direction, with direly hillarious results sometimes, most of the time I've tested it it would disarm the person just simply knocking their weapon out and making them bend backwards, othertimes it delimbs them, and a few times when they take the full blunt force of it, rips them to shreds.

Update 3/2/08: Added Hydromine Launcher Note this weapon does not work to full potential, just explosion testing, the actual mines WILL NOT stay put as of this update, have a solution and working on it now, for now just enjoy playing around with it =p the explosion will be getting some more particles as well.

I'm hunting for any feedback, animation suggestions, sprite suggestions, weapon changes for balance, etc. that could help me improve this weapon.

Also for an added kick, you can swap up the Liquid Nitrogen Gun to use Gold as a material, makes it more realistic almost, but quite a bit out of line ;)

Known Issues:
Liquid Nitrogen Gun has a horrible fire animation
Both Guns have bad velocities and will kick and slide you across the ground
Liquid Nitrogen Gun sometimes crushes, sometimes gibs, sometimes traps, its never definite

~Shadow

Recent Changes:
Added Shockwave Cannon
Balanced Flak Cannon Reload

Last edited by Shadowclaimer on Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:30 am, edited 18 times in total.

Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:00 pm

Post Re: [WIP] Seeking Feedback - Liquid Nitrogen Gun
So what I'm guessing is that this is a gun which shoots an actor that either hits an opponent and kills him or gibs on the ground and freezes? It's sounds pretty cool and sprite looks good. I'll try this out.

Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:54 pm

Its a copy of the concrete gun that shoots in a really tight spray rather then a large radius, it shoots neon blue/white colored custom material, the material sticks fairly well but the velocity is so high (has to be, because for some reason concrete gun just doesn't propel shots like it should) it usually gibs Coalition arms/legs/heads with a direct shot fairly easily, but can bury people alive (done it a few times now on Dummies, they seem immune to getting gibbed by it), I've buried some Coalition near my core once and watched in horror/laughter as a Robot dug through his body =p

Its not stacking as well as it used to since I lowered its particle count, it was shooting way too rough and could be used like a jetpack <.< so I started nerfing it and this is what I have now.

Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:00 am

Don't mean to double post but the Lava gun is almost at testing phase, been working on it a bit and its coming along really nicely, gibs don't describe what it does to people, right now I'm trying to make it so that it won't melt through concrete when fired from a high altitude <.<

Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:19 am

Post Re: [WIP] Elemental Weaponry [Last Updated 12/23/08]
Bump for update with a new gun and also for moving to Mods.

Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:20 am

Bump, would like to hear what people have been doing with the guns =p that many downloads can't mean that no one has used them.

Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:22 pm

Shadowclaimer wrote:
Bump, would like to hear what people have been doing with the guns =p that many downloads can't mean that no one has used them.

lmao "bump" haha. I've been waiting a long time for another concrete gun, one that works better.

would you mind making a super concrete gun? one that would not gib if it hits someone, and one that hardens more material on concact (meaning that it fills up an area more quickly).

Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:26 pm

I like the look of this mod, but it could use some more stuff, don't you think? Maybe grenades of each type or some more types even?

Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:02 pm

Lord Tim wrote:
I like the look of this mod, but it could use some more stuff, don't you think? Maybe grenades of each type or some more types even?

I agree with Lord Tim, you should try to make grenades for them or something.

Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:26 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Location: Behind a DarKlone, trying to pierce its fudging armor!
A lava grenade would be epic.

Maybe for the liquid nitrogen grenade, it could spawn a large circle (spikey circle) of the liquid nitro (concrete), trapping anything inside it. I might draw up a concept tonight.

Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:19 pm

Himself wrote:
Lord Tim wrote:

I agree with Lord Tim, you should try to make grenades for them or something.

You've got to be careful though. IT would be epic to have a lava grenade or something but it would be a total failure if it lagged so much like all the other grenades do. Plus if he uses the stuff he is using from the guns he has now then it will lag like crazy. The guns already strain the CPU as it is.

oh! and 1 more thing about the guns, they would be a lot better if they had more ammo. I guess I can change that myself but it is just a thought.

Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:53 pm

Yea balancing ammo is still in the works.

Finished the Bio Gun today, its a blast to play with =p it bounces like mad in giant globules or doom and only melts people =p

Thanks for the feedback there are other things in the works still, I'm still learning but Grenades are still on the list of something I want to play with eventually, maybe a tesla grenade later =p

Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:35 pm

That looks pretty cool.

I don't get how "Bio" is an element, but it looks cool anyway.

Downloadeded.

Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:56 pm

Right ruddy eck those look good. The liquid nitrogen gun looks like the best. The sprites are really good and if this is your first mod (which I think it is) then good show old chap, good show. Also I believe bio might be Earth or something.

Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:59 pm
Profile WWW

Just so thet you know, WIPs go in mod making. Not anymore, anything with a working mod in it goes in Mods. -Ctrl
Nice work though! Dl'd.

Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:47 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next