View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:45 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Lightsabre (Recoil Fixed) 

Post Lightsabre (Recoil Fixed)
Well, this is a somewhat simple lightsabre. However, designs like this are uncommon, if existent at all. It shoots particles from the tip, accompanied by a muzzleflash shaped like a lightsabre beam. It's pretty much a one hit kill on everything, but very short range. It's good for a side-arm.

UPDATE: Fixed the recoil

Attachments:
[The extension bmp has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]
File comment: Update - Less recoil.
Lightsabre.rte.rar [267.5 KiB]
Downloaded 946 times

Last edited by NickFury666 on Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:16 am, edited 4 times in total.

Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:47 pm

Post Re: Lightsabre
Well, sorry to take a poo on your parade, but it's been done before. Most sucessfully by a man named Piezo. He did the invisible particles, cool muzzle flash trick, it looked a lot cooler than the other attempts.
Uh.
Yeah.

Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:26 pm

Jack The Llama Commando wrote:
Well, sorry to take a poo on your parade, but it's been done before. Most sucessfully by a man named Piezo. He did the invisible particles, cool muzzle flash trick, it looked a lot cooler than the other attempts.
Uh.
Yeah.

I don't think you know what I'm talking about. His was a thing that when you fired, it went flailing around like crazy. I'm talking about where you hold down fire for the blade to appear, just straight, not some crazy figure-8 thing.

Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:52 am

Piezo's lightsaber is considered the best by most people.

Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:25 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

So, you're planning on making Numgun's Eradicator, but person sized.

Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:39 am

Grif wrote:
So, you're planning on making Numgun's Eradicator, but person sized.

Well, how does his work? Does it just emit a thin line of low-lifetime, sharp particles?

Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:03 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

It is useless when not activated, and emits particles when you "fire it".

It doesn't use the exact method yours does, but it looks a lot better than yours would.

Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:06 am

Before Piezo's sabre, there existed a set of lightsabres in many different colors that do exactly what you're asking about Nick. Using a muzzleflash as the "light bar", it was pretty realistic, but obviously, you couldn't swing it quickly.
Unfortunately, these may have been lost forever thanks to THOR. Not that that's a minus: nobody really liked them. They were hard to use and did not make great melee weapons.

Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:13 am

NickFury666 wrote:
I don't think you know what I'm talking about. His was a thing that when you fired, it went flailing around like crazy. I'm talking about where you hold down fire for the blade to appear, just straight, not some crazy figure-8 thing.

Oh its been done before. The problem is it looks kind've crappy because its usually never a perfect lightsaber, when you move it around quickly, you can still see the blade.
Give it a shot, but it's been done, just to tell you.

Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:14 am

Alright, thanks guys. I suppose it was a good idea to make this thread then, so I won't waste my time doing it.

Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:26 am

NickFury666 wrote:

Oh its been done before. The problem is it looks kind've crappy because its usually never a perfect lightsaber, when you move it around quickly, you can still see the blade.

they're just doing it wrong;

Attachments:
[The extension gif has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]
Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:13 am

robolee wrote:
NickFury666 wrote:

they're just doing it wrong;

Pretty much exactly what I had in mind. You make that?

Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:24 am

yes as you see I just quickly edited a gun (see sprite, muzzle flash and weird offset for magazine)

Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:30 am

Nick you should totally make this, and also you should make the actual sprite only one pixel, and the hilt the magazine, so when you reload it looks like you're pulling out a new one.

Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:18 pm

bbbzzz234 wrote:
Nick you should totally make this, and also you should make the actual sprite only one pixel, and the hilt the magazine, so when you reload it looks like you're pulling out a new one.

Hmm, that could work. But I may have trouble making the particles shoot upward, or at an angle. Is there any way to change the angle that weapons fire at?

Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:25 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next