View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:14 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Small Drone 

Post Small Drone
This is a small drone I've been fiddling with for about a week. It is designed to bomb enemy actors from distance, but it also works as a suicide bomber. You can fly it easily inside bunkers and even through barriers because of its compact design. It has some armour plating on its engines and underside, but it's still quite weak.

Update: All the sprites are redone, added some custom wounds, made it fly more steadily and added custom, glowy emissions for the main thrusters. Also made a bomb to be used with the drone, but it's commented out due to me being unable to make it ungarbled in the inventory.

Last edited by piipu on Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:12 pm

Post Re: Small Drone
Hmmm. Just like the assault drone. Will DL later, on another computer. I'll try and comment later.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:30 pm

Is this just an edit of that other guy's one?

Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:44 pm

Hi, did you try your own mod out first? Because it doesn' load.
If you've added 'supa metal' to your base.rte\materials.ini, keep in mind that other people do not have this material.
I changed it to a material that does exist in vanilla CC and now it crashes on something else.

Please check your mod before you put it here for download.
Other than that, I like the idea for this one. :)

Edit: I fixed all the errors and tried it out. It doesn't do any damage to its environment. It crashed right next to a dummy of mine, exploded, and didn't even scratch the dummy.

Edit2: Added a little punch to your bang. I've added it to this post in case you want to view it, piipu.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:49 pm

Could you upload it in a .rar? I don't have .zip...

Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:18 am

Brainwashed wrote:
Could you upload it in a .rar? I don't have .zip...

Sigh, if you have WinRAR, you can open .zip files

Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:49 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

If you have WINDOWS you can open .zip.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:20 am

Gotcha! wrote:
Hi, did you try your own mod out first? Because it doesn' load.
If you've added 'supa metal' to your base.rte\materials.ini, keep in mind that other people do not have this material.
I changed it to a material that does exist in vanilla CC and now it crashes on something else.

Please check your mod before you put it here for download.
Other than that, I like the idea for this one. :)

Edit: I fixed all the errors and tried it out. It doesn't do any damage to its environment. It crashed right next to a dummy of mine, exploded, and didn't even scratch the dummy.

Edit2: Added a little punch to your bang. I've added it to this post in case you want to view it, piipu.

Well, I did test it but I forgot that the material and the emission are in my base.rte. I like the new explosion more, now I don't need so many bombs in it. Did you add anything except the grenade fragments?
And no, this isn't an edit of the Assualt Drone, I had this mostly done when it was released.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:42 am

piipu wrote:
Did you add anything except the grenade fragments?

Nope, just the fragments, as an example.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:24 pm

Sprite's a bit crap, it does seem a lot like my assualt drone. viewtopic.php?f=61&t=11586

I'm not too fond of this, but I guess I'm biased.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:35 pm
It just seems too much like the assault drone.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:44 pm

This is a lot like the assualt drone, but i made the code on top of the coalition drop ship and made all the sprites, which are pretty bad, from scratch. They are my first sprites I haven't based on vanilla content, so crappines can be excepted. But I did not copy anything from the assualt drone (counting out the glows mentioned above).

Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:09 pm

blipflip wrote:
Sprite's a bit crap, it does seem a lot like my assualt drone. viewtopic.php?f=61&t=11586

I'm not too fond of this, but I guess I'm biased.

Someone's bound to make something that looks like someone else's mod at some point. After a while everything will be done already, so no one can truely be original at that point. :wink:

Take my landmine; Never saw a landmine mod yet, but after I finished mine (not released yet) someone else came up with it too (or read my post about it :lol: ). *shrug* It happens. :)

Anyway, take pride that your sprite looks better (perhaps Piipu can improve his a bit ;) ) and that both of these have entire different functions.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:11 pm

I originally got the idea of making a tiny drop ship about a month ago, and I've been working on it since. At first it was a drop ship made of the sprites and gibs of the vanilla rocket. Then I downgraded it's size to fit into bunkers and through doors. When I saw the assualt drone, I had the code in pretty much the form, after that I've drawn the sprites and added the glows.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:39 pm
REAL AMERICAN HERO

Gotcha! wrote:
Take my landmine; Never saw a landmine mod yet, but after I finished mine (not released yet) someone else came up with it too (or read my post about it :lol: ). *shrug* It happens. :)

I have seen no less than seven mods featuring some sort of mine.

When you add in proximity devices, anything that can be "set", and really most TDExplosives because they work as mines, there's dozens of mines.

You're not original.

Believe me.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:42 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next