View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:01 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Imperial Forces 0.3 (W40k Mod) 

Post Re: Imperial Forces 0.3 (W40k Mod)
Brainwashed wrote:
Don't use rapidshare. I don't like being harrassed into paying to become a premium member that gets his download instantly and have to wait 30 seconds to get my download when there are many free file hosters out there like mediafire.

From what I can see in the picture, you've got really good spriting skills. For the soldiers, at least. The weapon look like they've been rushed or badly cropped. From what I can see in your list, you made four actors and thirty + weapons. I'll test it, but usually that big a number of weapons is a bad omen. Quality is better than quantity. I also see you've included some bunker modules. I welcome that openly, seeing as we don't get those as much as other stuff.

Hey, how about instead of bitching and moaning you just don't download it? He can use whatever shitty uploader he wants.

also the mod is actually pretty ok, 7.5/10

Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:23 pm

DMWolfe wrote:
Hey, how about instead of bitching and moaning you just don't download it? He can use whatever crap uploader he wants.

also the mod is actually pretty ok, 7.5/10

Ur mai nu hero :D

Anyways, now to say something intelligent that's not responding to the uneducated post by the new person. I'm probably going to download it in a little while, but here's my rating from the screenshots. It looks like an incredible amount of fun. That pharaoh dude or whatever he is (never played 40k (shush)) looks like crazy fun to play with. Nice laser weapons...which brings me to my next point. Some of those sprites don't really...look good. The outlines don't exactly fit. Mainly that one uzi-looking thing. The laser gun also has a poor sprite. Now that I look at the pictures again, I see a few more small problems. Those actors...shade them. The guys laying down in the brain bunker in the first picture look like diemos troopers without shading.

In short, shade things better and do a little tweaking.

Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:27 pm

Boyz be haappy!

Так держать - скоро весь варик сюда перенесем =)

Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:43 pm

thanks all!

Now I know what I have to do firstly :smile:

(ага, украинский вархаммер :) )

Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:05 pm
Profile ICQ

I play-tested it- got a few tips/criticisms.

This is just me being picky, but it's called a long-las, not a long rifle. No big deal.
Shading. Shading shading shading. The weapons are completely undefined because there's no outlining or shading- the lasgun is just a block of olive-green metal.
Give them some way of getting around. Give the basic Guardsman a little bit of jumping ability, maybe give the Kasrkin weak jet-packs.
The plasma rifle is completely ineffectual, which doesn't work out given that it's supposed to be a devastatingly powerful ancient weapon which fires orbs of pure energy the temperature of the Sun. It shouldn't throw shrapnel, it should drop a whole bunch of particles which gib the hell out of people. An old weapon for the last free build- the GroundKlearer or something to that effect, it fired this red ball of glowing particles from a three-round magazine which ate through terrain or gibbed actors, it was the sister-weapon of the BunkLearer- was perfect.
The meltagun is also underpowered and should be a focused short-range cone of Promethium-based death, not a weak laser beam.
The grenade sprites are huge and also lack definition.

You've got some solid ideas and concepts, don't get me wrong- they're just pretty rough right now.

Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:16 pm

40k Mods always seem to let me down... I haven't play tested your mod yet, but I swear I will once you work out some of the things people are talking about. I love everything Warhammer... That includes 40k as well... It is sad that you won't do space marines though... Anyways, kudos for tromping into this territory and I hope you kick ass with this mod because I would love nothing more that Warhammer 40K for CC!

Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:27 pm

Ought to mention that the grenade launcher, gameplay-wise, is absolutely excellent. I don't know if you scripted it yourself or borrowed someone's, but hey, it works.

Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:42 pm

Shading? I do this right now :smile:

Quote:
The meltagun is also underpowered and should be a focused short-range cone of Promethium-based death, not a weak laser beam.

Meltagun doesn't shoot Promethium! This weapons shoots termal energy. They look like laser beams, but a little different.

Yes, plasmaweapons is weak but better than from Warhammer Weapons pack 0.4.0...

Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:44 pm
Profile ICQ

Does anyone whos posted in this thread actually play 40k?
Specifically, Imperial Guard, like me?
God I'm like a fluff expert on the Cadians, I have an army myself.
Well maybe not expert, but you get the point, I can help.

Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:21 am

I play Guard. Got about 2000-3000 points'-worth, Cadians and Catachans mixed, maybe 100 infantry all told, plus 5 vehicles and possibly a Baneblade in the near future.

Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:27 am

Sprites are awful, they're weirdly shaped and lack detail and shading.
No DL.

Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:31 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Exalion wrote:
Sprites are awful, they're weirdly shaped and lack detail and shading.
No DL.

Now with evidence, I can say the following, but isn't limited to;

And why should I kneel over and spoon you?

User was warned for this post: Baiting.

Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:40 am

I collect SM army...1200+ pts. And I know many about Cadians

Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:20 am
Profile ICQ

Чуваче класна ідея . I like the ide :) You need some better sprites here , cause most of sprites are bad . But im sure you'll fix them in the future .
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i've got a cc key !!!

Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:02 pm

Zaqqthe wrote:
I collect SM army...1200+ pts. And I know many about Cadians

If you play space marines, then why do the bolters shoot death balls from the 666th millenium.

Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:05 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next