View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 WH40k basic space marines. 

Post Re: WH40k basic space marines.
Amazingly I understood that. I always wondered where 0,0 lies on the head piece.

EDIT:
I'ma stop hijacking this thread now as suggested earlier

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13692

Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:10 pm
Profile WWW

i did too... i thought 0,0 was in the center..

this changes my whole perspective on things, thanks.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:39 am

It's one of the weirder quirks of CC... as far as I can tell, when you spriteoffset something, 0,0 is at the upper left corner. But if you don't give it a spriteoffset, it defaults to the center. I'm not sure offhand if defining 0,0 makes it the upperleft corner or center.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:55 am

Solace wrote:
It's one of the weirder quirks of CC... as far as I can tell, when you spriteoffset something, 0,0 is at the upper left corner. But if you don't give it a spriteoffset, it defaults to the center. I'm not sure offhand if defining 0,0 makes it the upperleft corner or center.

You create the sprite offset first which defines both where it rotates, and where you base all the other offsets from, So if you went from the top left, and went to -12,-15, that point would become 0,0. Then if you made it a gun, and said that the Offset was 0,0. It would be at the -12,-15 pixel of the sprite, from the top left.

Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:18 am
Profile YIM WWW

I don't know if this was brought up or not but do you guys remember the vanilla flak cannon for the Coalition?

Why don't you guys just make the bolters shoot those except have them explode on contact? That seems to solve the whole screen going back and forth thing.

Sorry to bring this up if you guys already fixed it.

Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:13 am

I drag and drop DA.rte in my cortex command folder.
I put it where all the other .rte file are.

and i get this error when I run the game. :(

anyone? please help.
thanks

Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:48 am

Quote:
I don't know if this was brought up or not but do you guys remember the vanilla flak cannon for the Coalition?

Why don't you guys just make the bolters shoot those except have them explode on contact? That seems to solve the whole screen going back and forth thing.

that wouldnt be a bad idea,duo9ace except the explosion is a bit onstentatious, and the fact that it's a cannon, rather than a rocket.

I have been playing around with a modified coalition rocket launcher. it works pretty much how it's supposed to. offsets are kinda funny though. and my replacement sprites are kinda lame. but oh well. feel free to steal and fix. credit goes to Ivan.

Attachments:
File comment: Rocketgun MK1 (prototype bolter)
rocketgun.rte.rar [100.36 KiB]
Downloaded 353 times
Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:05 am

So I tested your bolter out and I think I like the automatic one better so could you make one automatic for the normal bolter?

Specs:

Good penetration, no annoying "bouncing of walls and armor and killing me" action

Problems:

I think it goes through terrain way too easily

is it possible to fix this without sacrificing penetration power?

Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:03 am

ok duo9ace, but to balance the rapidfire, i've lowered the ROF to 350, you can change it back if you want, it was 500

not sure about the terrain thing, i kinda like it, it's not too much, and it's not too little. except for the heavy version, that's just sick.

maybe changing the weight of the projectile down? or giving it slightly less Air blast particles per minute, say down to 8500, or a combo of the two.

i like it how it is, but feel free to change it for yourself, let me know if it plays well, i might modify it...

Attachments:
File comment: full auto gyro-bolter ini file
Gyrojet.rar [1.99 KiB]
Downloaded 359 times
Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:14 am

Here.... This might be helpfull for people.

Someone please do these, and lable them correctly, not as 2 letter rte's....

Attachments:
[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]
Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:29 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Well, I definitely think that ivan should sprite for Data.

Attachments:
File comment: Just an Audio File.

Untitled (16).wma [ 1.46 MiB | Viewed 13014 times ]
Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:01 am

Darkblade wrote:
Well, I definitely think that ivan should sprite for Data.

Ditto. And what was the point of that...unique solo?

Mikromancer wrote:
ok duo9ace, but to balance the rapidfire, i've lowered the ROF to 350, you can change it back if you want, it was 500

not sure about the terrain thing, i kinda like it, it's not too much, and it's not too little. except for the heavy version, that's just sick.

maybe changing the weight of the projectile down? or giving it slightly less Air blast particles per minute, say down to 8500, or a combo of the two.

i like it how it is, but feel free to change it for yourself, let me know if it plays well, i might modify it...

Its perfect! Now how would I adapt the bullets and everything to the Ivan Bolter sprites?

People could also start working on that armor setting too...

Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:12 am

Ah, sorry that's my bro's recording, I meant to post some space marine noises from dow. Lol he's pretty terrible huh?

Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:58 am

not too hard, Duo9ace, thats basically what i did, only i had like 3 different versions of ivan's, bobba_fett's, and another one that all looked the same... so i changed it so i could recognise it...

but all you'd need to do is copy ivan's sprite to the file and change the Framecount back to 1

the files i used were modified versions of ivan's ones, they should still have the same name.

Edit: edited for grammar

also i'm not too sure about the bullets. i had to lengthen the ones i used due to accuracy issues. but they're really not that noticeable.

Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:22 am

Mikromancer wrote:
not too hard, Duo9ace, thats basically what i did, only i had like 3 different versions of ivan's, bobba_fett's, and another one that all looked the same... so i changed it so i could recognise it...

but all you'd need to do is copy ivan's sprite to the file and change the Framecount back to 1

the files i used were modified versions of ivan's ones, they should still have the same name.

Edit: edited for grammar

also i'm not too sure about the bullets. i had to lengthen the ones i used due to accuracy issues. but they're really not that noticeable.

Yea, I never tried modding before but I think I can do this one maybe. Would the framecount be in setting.ini or something?

Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:37 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 362 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next