View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:32 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next
 =Alteisen Arsenal Labs 3rd= ))AAL Product 

Post Re: =Alteisen Arsenal Labs 3rd= ))AAL Product
Now I want a mission.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:33 am

Amazing. Not many other words perfectly sum up the experience.

I love all of it. Each unit has weapons with a unique style. The kinetic sword, for example is awesome in so many ways.

The tank seems very well done. It gets stuck somewhat easily, but so do
almost all big ACrabs. It actually seems to "walk" pretty nicely even over rough ground, it's only tough when it's stuck.

I'm not quite sure that I like the Slayer, because it comes with an STD. :wink: Really the slayer is quite fun to use, especially with the regeneration.

<3 the Split Launcher, laser weapons, and the dual-wield NeoColts. :grin:

NovaStar is all that we've waited for. I love the Aegis shield and mass-based cannons are always fun.

Gore effects are quite satisfying.

All in all a pretty sweet deal. Good work.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:35 am

OMG it's out I love this!!! :grin:

Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:46 am
Profile WWW

The shells the NovaStar fires aren't heavy enough to hurt marines and MPAMs. You also forgot to apply build 22 magic to the NovaStar shell(it doesn't face the direction it was fired) and the glows on the thermal rifle.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:48 am

As always

Great work, Numgun! This is just awsome.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:03 am

CandleJack wrote:
The shells the NovaStar fires aren't heavy enough to hurt marines and MPAMs

CandleJack stop being wrong. Marines are pretty easy to kill with it. MPAM's are tougher but it's still possible. But that's fine too once I realize ITS AN MPAM.

I too, however, wonder why the shell doesn't have OrientToVel...

Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:09 am

I think everyone else has covered the praiseworthy aspects of this. So instead I'll give some criticism.

The leg and feet animations. Come on Numgun, I pointed this out several times in the past. Legs that constantly stay straight and feet that are always perfectly horizontal don't look good at all. It totally ruins both the MPAM and the marines when they're walking. At least make the feet rotate a bit, it can't possibly be that hard.

The reload time on the Slayer's giant beam of doom is ridiculously long. If it's so powerful that such a reload time is necessary for balance, I think the power needs to be reduced. And it's called the STD? Seriously? Though I can still appreciate a gun that's basically a more reasonable version of the DSTech Judgement cannon, so I don't think it should be scrapped entirely.

Now I'm gonna go see how my weapons fair against your units...

EDIT: Well, they aren't as overpowered as they used to be. Actually, they aren't that overpowered at all, considering their cost. Good job there.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:13 am
Profile YIM

The energy marine's guns are awesome. The novastorm's jetpack-defense is both effective and original. No more titan. :( And the novastorm's actual gun is drastically underwhelming, the tanks seem invincible to it and I've seen it bounce harmlessly off of something as small as an infiltrator pilot.

EDIT: Oh, and it'd be cool if the muzzleflash-lazers where widebeam lazers, but I can see how it could be an artistic decision.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:31 am

Well goddamn if it didn't take long enough. Looks great, gonna mess with it now.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:00 am

Ah, found a small flaw in it; any time a craft or the Linear tank gibs and the Assault Pilot comes out of the ejection shell, he's added to team 'neutral' (y'know, the guys without a health count above their heads) sooo yeah. One of my tanks went blam near my brain when I was defending, and I'm expecting to be able and fend off the attacking horde with my clone, who instead turns around and starts trying to shoot my brain .___. I've also noticed some weird 'zombie' gibs; as in, after an actor dies, many enemies will stop and shoot at the remains because they haven't gibbed.

Oh, and once I killed a runner (as in, got it down to no health and the health counter disappeared) and it was still alive. Couldn't control it, and it was just standing still, but it was still being hit by particles. So I shot it and then it died. Again. Maybe a glitch that has something to do with the regeneration ability?

Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:43 am

That typically happens when something dies from 0 health instead of gibbing.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:52 am

'Tis awesome, love the "Eradicator" rifle thing that gets its own craft. Furthermore you made the VHSC look even more awesome than it was... somehow... I love how the slayer seems to like talking to himself...

Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:59 am
Profile WWW

Oh God yes.

Comments to come, testing now.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:05 am

Numgun you sexy modder you this mod is awsome so very very awsome sadly my computer's sound is not working :cry:

Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:15 am

The ridiculous reload times are not a good way to balance things.

Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:30 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 402 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next