View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Vash actor and AGL Long Colt 
happy carebear mom

Post Re: Vash actor and AGL Long Colt
novodantis wrote:
I hear GIMP is the bees knees, should the above not be ideal for you.

It can be a bit daunting to newcomers, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I think it's more what you "grew up with" though.

Fri May 08, 2009 12:41 am

oh yeah, a better drawing program makes the drawing a less difficult task, I used to work with Paint shop pro and some acrobat i dont remember :P but i formated my pc, so, i dont have much programs now, paint is a very powerfull weapon if you know how to use it :P

^^ Updated, see the first page

Fri May 08, 2009 12:58 am

novodantis wrote:
I still like PSP7 as a middleman, mind. It's so old, it MUST be free by now surely.

Get PSP9, its the best thing for CC spriting. Its plain easy and simple and offers tons of cool stuff and tools.
And dont ever bother getting those newer corel draw X2 and such, they are horrible ♥♥♥♥.

Also I dont see how you people can use Photoshop for spriting, its just so retarded imo. Complicated and messed up UI and you wont be achieving anything until you read a few tutorials for it, but ffs I could use PSP without tutorials from the very start because its just so plain simple and powerful. : S

Fri May 08, 2009 9:11 am

numgun wrote:
Also I dont see how you people can use Photoshop for spriting, its just so retarded imo. Complicated and messed up UI and you wont be achieving anything until you read a few tutorials for it, but ffs I could use PSP without tutorials from the very start because its just so plain simple and powerful. : S

Heh, as Duh102 says, its mostly what you're used to. I use Photoshop at work so I know it well, but I agree that it is confusing at times (especially, in true Adobe manner, when you want low level control). But I used PSP prior to that, hence the dual usage. I found PSP9 used to crash on me more than 7, though.

Bearing all this in mind, I'd try a demo of either and see which you get on with. With Bubs using PS and Numgun using PSP, seems both lead to good results!

Fri May 08, 2009 2:10 pm

Yes, those programs are usefull when, for example, you want to make something brighter or make a transparent color.

But on topic: What do you think about the new vash?

Edit:

Yes, I added the AGL Arms Long Colt .44 too and make the mod a complete new .rte also, the weapons are in the shield category, so you can hold both weapons at the same time or combine the guns with some other guns, I'm planing to make a biggest trigun mod, instead of a trigun mod.

Fri May 08, 2009 5:04 pm

Guys please, comment after downloading the mod, Is a good mo or not? do you like it or not? you are downloading it but i dont get an answer..... anyway :P... Ill work on the trigun mod, ill add the most important characters and weapons like milly thompson, meryl strafe, wolfwoof knives, the stungun the punisher cross etc... but ill post it in a new topic when its done.

Greetings ^^

Oh.... and sorry for the doublepost, punish me, i know that is a rule i cant breake.

Mon May 11, 2009 1:58 am

Not bad I'm all for the whole vash the stampeed actor sure the gun needs a little work right now It doesnt look to much like vash's revolver or any revolver I have ever seen but it's still just a WIP.

P.S. It's about time someone paid trigun the respect it deservse vash was a bad ass

Mon May 11, 2009 2:03 am

Looks nothing like me :V

Nice looking mod, I will try it out later.

Mon May 11, 2009 4:13 am
Profile YIM

Overall it's a good idea. You've got a lot of it looking pretty good. I gave it a bit of a shading makeover, though I would never release it, it's your work. This is what I came up with.

Before:

After:

The differences are subtle, see what you think.

Mon May 11, 2009 5:45 pm

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
The most noticable difference here is the hair. Can you upload that pl0x?

Mon May 11, 2009 5:55 pm

Post Imma firing mah lazah! (at you)
Very nice looking for a first mod!
But if it replaces another character and a weapon, it's not good.

No dl'ing. :twisted:

Mon May 11, 2009 6:11 pm

Kaboogeyman wrote:
Overall it's a good idea. You've got a lot of it looking pretty good. I gave it a bit of a shading makeover, though I would never release it, it's your work. This is what I came up with.

Before:

After:

The differences are subtle, see what you think.

I love what you did, im not so experienced in pixel art so shading is a bit difficult to me, i feel that i must say that i tryed and the work you see here is my best (I'll keep trying until it gets better) and about the arm, i wasnt sure about making a red or a black arm, because Vash has one black arm. I like both but im pritty unsure :P. Please feel free to modify and post anything i do, everything i post is for you in anyway. Ill feel thankfull if you post your vash, its like a help you are giving to make it better.

and about this
IronZombie wrote:
Very nice looking for a first mod!
But if it replaces another character and a weapon, it's not good.

No dl'ing. :twisted:

It doesnt replace a character or weapon exactly, the pistol is a modification of the desert eagle, but it makes more damage and the accuracy is not the same, also, im modifying the actor too, it has a little more health and ill try to make a coattail attached to his pelvis to hide the legs. And ill see if i can modify something else ^^

Mon May 11, 2009 10:36 pm

Location: In between your sister's legs, showing her how to use a... PS3 controller!
100 health only please. Any more is a money cheat, and any less takes money off if you try to sell it.

Mon May 11, 2009 10:50 pm

Here is the shaded version, as requested.

Attachment:
Vash.rte.rar [1.5 MiB]
Downloaded 351 times

Mon May 11, 2009 11:07 pm

Cheers. I will use this to make my own EPIC RED COATED GUY.

Mon May 11, 2009 11:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next