View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Battlefield Heroes 

Post Re: Battlefield Heroes
Maps are too small, not much of stealth there. most of time I just sit on high spots headshotting people from another side of map, and nobody ever manages to kill me. Meh.

Thu May 07, 2009 12:10 am

All you need as a sniper is the quick reloading short range sniper rifle, and the anti-personnel mines.

Whenever you hear an explosion behind you, go stealth, whip out your knife, and wait for the weakened to come up and slaughter them.

Just repeat that.

Thu May 07, 2009 12:11 am
Profile WWW

No> Shirt range sniper rifle is impractical - sure, it deals 15 damage, per shot, and shoots ever 0.8 seec. Not nice againt machineguns. Anti-presonnel bomb? 25 dmg. Useless. Stealth? If enemy is closer than 13 yd to you, he will see youm so useless.

Thu May 07, 2009 12:25 am

Sniping cross-level is impractical if you want kills.

The snipers all pretty much have the same range, so taking the one that's strongest is the most logical decision.

At least, to me.

Thu May 07, 2009 12:47 am
Profile WWW

On first play (the tutorial, getting more in later), I like the simplicity of the graphics (this runs better than BF2 ever did) and, though it's DEFINITELY not the BF I know and love (waiting for the next release... honestly, BF2 was the last real one, BF2142 was just something of a mod for it, and Bad Company and Heroes seem dumbed-down), but I've grown cynical at a young age, so we'll see what happens

Thu May 07, 2009 4:15 am

Ugh, my screwy display won't let me zoom in with the sniper without deciding to restart. -_-"

Thu May 07, 2009 11:53 am
Profile WWW
Forum Moderator

The default sniper is best TBH, it has 2 more shots than any of the others and so that's about 360 damage per clip compared to the other snipers 210 and 240

Thu May 07, 2009 1:06 pm

FoboslC wrote:
No> Shirt range sniper rifle is impractical - sure, it deals 15 damage, per shot, and shoots ever 0.8 seec. Not nice againt machineguns. Anti-presonnel bomb? 25 dmg. Useless. Stealth? If enemy is closer than 13 yd to you, he will see youm so useless.

Stealth useless? Ha ha?
I don't use mines but other people use them for great effect, oh wait you wanted them to one hit kill everyone? Sorry wrong game. So far for me easiest commando to kill is one that sits in some high exposed place like tower and doesn't even use stealth. When you do sniping use Piercing Shot, oh now faster rate of fire on short range rifle makes hell lot of a sense? Protip: to make skills really useful first level them up.

Thu May 07, 2009 4:59 pm
Forum Moderator

Troop trap is awesome, it enables you to get on ANY BUILDING YOU WANT TO

Thu May 07, 2009 5:09 pm

p3lb0x wrote:
Troop trap is awesome, it enables you to get on ANY BUILDING YOU WANT TO

... and on high cliffs, they also do well for alarm device, someone steps on it while you are sniping, you just stealth and elixir away to pick him out from range or just knife to death which should be easy with that blast he took from trap. Also when you are caught by bunch of soldiers you can drop one while you run away, they may hesistate to follow or just step on it. I don't use it because I didn't play much and haven't even maxed out stealth yet, and there are other skills I use on list first :) .

Thu May 07, 2009 5:20 pm
Forum Moderator

I took elixir, troop trap and piercing shot, I think I have piercing shot at 3 now but I am not sure

Thu May 07, 2009 5:40 pm

I like it quite a bit. The graphical style is pleasing enough, the classes and weapons are surprisingly fun (but with balance issues, which are actually pretty mild for a "closed" beta) and the vehicles are simple and fun. Also, the planes handle like they did back in 1942, which makes me happier than any of you could possibly know.

For the commando, I bought the long-range sniper rifle, which is a wonderfully powerful instrument of destruction (takes down planes quite nicely, actually). Don't bother with pistols. Also, the "tag an enemy" ability is surprising nice to have (just get the first level), since it can target enemies that you can't even make out.

Fri May 08, 2009 6:07 am

I play a gunner, using the Leg It ability to run up to and past enemy snipers whilst throwing an Explosive Keg at them which I shoot in mid-air with my shotgun. I'm surprisingly good at it.
Also, I've found that when using Leg It, my speed makes it extremely confusing for enemies, who generally end up looking in the opposite direction to where I am, helpful against Soldiers when they can't figure out where I am while being shot from point blank range by a shotgun.

Sat May 09, 2009 2:42 pm
Profile WWW

its quite alot of fun. its simple and easy to learn, the rl money items dont actually do anything which is nice. a level 1 can down a level 30 without too much trouble. you can pick up and play for a quick game on a coffee break or get addicted and play for hours.

btw level 12 gunner with max frenzy fire

Mon May 11, 2009 11:35 pm

ahaha i have the beta for this and its pretty fun. i think that there should be a sniper class with a sniper and a secondary weapon with no stealth and the commando should have the knife and a pistol with stealth. my reasons for this is that why would you have a deadly close range weapon that is good enough (imo) to be a main weapon for its own class.

my guys are jakorap level 8 soldier and dapaperboy level 9 commando. both of them are royalists.

my favorite/craziest moment: i was on seaside bay and i was using my sniper rifle to cover 2 my allies who were taking control of the hillside farm (the farm that the nats start off with). i was picking off some nats when i check my map and see that the nationalist plane is taking off (the farms is captured by now) i didnt have a good view to snipe the guys or the plane. i get some shots on the plane before it takes off but i didnt kill any of the passengers. the plane flies around the farm then straight at me but i get 3 shots on the plane and kill all of the guys. i then got raped by a tank in the ass.

Wed May 13, 2009 2:37 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next