View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Lost Boys faction v1.0 

Post Lost Boys faction v1.0
The Lost Boys

The Lost Boys are just what the name says: boys that got forgotten.
During the various wars that scarred the planet, many lost their parents and were forced to live in the streets. The luckiest ones met Rufio, the leader of a small gang. This group of outcasts grew in number in the years, and earned itself the nickname "Lost Boys" since the members of the gang live free and accept no interference by the adults, just like the famous Lost Boys in the book by J. M. Barrie.

Characters:
Too Small

Image Image

Too Small is one of the youngest LB, but he's also very smart. He was a child genius and got to university at the age of 10, but when he lost his dad (and his university due to a bombing) he had to live by himself. He devoted his intelligence to build machinery for the LBs and he build a mechanized suit for himself too.

Dropships:
Elevator

The Elevator is the opposite of a Dropship, it is designed to pixk up things. Since the Lost Boys are not good at gold digging, they borrow things from the battle field to sell them once the ship is in space. The Elevator has a wide pick up range, that makes it suitable for hit and run pick ups.
However it spits things out too quickly, that's why it's not so good for deliverying things (for examples, almost all zombies get killed in the impact).

The Lost Boys - v1.0
Contents:
- "Too Small" actor
- "Elevator" dropship
- Faction icon

Versions:
0.5 - Added Rob and faction icon
0.6 - Tweaked Rob actor (makes a sound when walking, is more robust/agile, has a green shirt), the glass windshield is now detachable, he comes equipped with a Gatling Gun
0.7 - Now Rob is known as Too Small, the windshield is bigger, his glasses are animated, his hair is more red than orange
1.0 - Added the Elevator, now Too Small doesn't fly but has a jump feature, its windshield takes two hits to break (instead of 1)

WARNING: this is an early release and while it hasn't got great bugs, it's not balanced and a lot of details need a fix. I'm sorry but I'm busy and complete resprites take a lot of time, but I will update it in the coming days with new items, actors, and maybe scenes. Thanks for the comprehension :D

Last edited by ccontinisio on Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:03 am, edited 7 times in total.

Fri May 29, 2009 7:43 am

Post Re: Lost Boys faction v0.5
Lol, nice looking sprites, the actor looks great.

Fri May 29, 2009 7:45 am
Profile WWW

A very clever design. Nice job. :)

Fri May 29, 2009 7:56 am

RUFIO! RUFIO! ROOOOO FEEEEE OOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!

Fri May 29, 2009 8:18 am
Profile YIM WWW

is he... naked?

Loving the suit design though!

Fri May 29, 2009 9:21 am

Exalion wrote:
is he... naked?

No, he's got an orange undershirt (or tank top, how do you call it) and he's supposed to be small.
Did anyone notice that he moves the levers when the suit is walking? (I guess it's too small a detail :-( )

Anyway thanks for the compliments, I swear I will creat more objects sooon!!

Fri May 29, 2009 9:29 am

ccontinisio wrote:
Exalion wrote:
is he... naked?

No, he's got an orange undershirt (or tank top, how do you call it) and he's supposed to be small.
Did anyone notice that he moves the levers when the suit is walking? (I guess it's too small a detail :-( )

Holy crap I missed that!

Fri May 29, 2009 10:00 am
Profile YIM WWW

This rag tag techno exo suit is perfect, like a mix of steam punk and retro sci fi. Expect to get more from this mod!!!

Fri May 29, 2009 10:34 am

ccontinisio wrote:
Exalion wrote:
is he... naked?

I suggest a new top. How about blue? your 'orange' scheme is the same as the skin scheme on his face.

HE'S NAKED.

Fri May 29, 2009 10:49 am

Exalion wrote:
I suggest a new top. How about blue? your 'orange' scheme is the same as the skin scheme on his face.

You're right, suggestion accepted. But I wouldn't go with blue, since most backgrounds are blue. To make it stand out I will do it... mmm... Some shade of dark green, or blueish green. I think it's the best hue since the blues are taken and the reds get confused with his hair.

Fri May 29, 2009 10:55 am

No, I think he looks really cool with the orange one. I got an impression he's wearing a lifejacked of some sort.
Or a sleeveless summer shirt.

But I really like the look and feel of this mod. Has some awesome potential for a squad based team mod.
I'm talking about a bunch of premade and (optionally) pre-equipped guns/tools and special abilities that each actor has. A team squad concept is very fun when you have a bunch of guys with cool thing, but they need each other to do the mission right.

Fri May 29, 2009 11:44 am

OHGODHEREMINDSMEOFJEFFFROMEARTHBOUND!

Fri May 29, 2009 11:59 am

numgun wrote:
A team squad concept is very fun when you have a bunch of guys with cool thing, but they need each other to do the mission right.

About this, I wanted to equip him with a minigun of sorts... how can I permanently attach a weapon to an actor? Is it a simple attachable like the hats? (I guess not, since this way you couldn't fire!)

Fri May 29, 2009 12:18 pm

ccontinisio wrote:
numgun wrote:
A team squad concept is very fun when you have a bunch of guys with cool thing, but they need each other to do the mission right.

About this, I wanted to equip him with a minigun of sorts... how can I permanently attach a weapon to an actor? Is it a simple attachable like the hats? (I guess not, since this way you couldn't fire!)

Code:
AddInventory = HDFirearm
   CopyOf = Light Digger

That will have the weapon in his inventory always. Stick it anywhere at the actor's code. At the AHuman part.
Just like any gun, he can drop it and pick it up unless you find a way to disable that with Lua.

Fri May 29, 2009 12:41 pm

Seems good !

The idea is awesome !

Fri May 29, 2009 3:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next