View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Particle Cannon (B23) Updated 07/10/09 

Particle Cannon (B23) Updated 07/10/09
Have you always dreamed of a big laser concentrated enough to blow the hell out of almost anything without killing everyone around? Well, we can give you part of that, it still kills everyone around. But it DOES waste almost anything it directly hits.

Ladies and Gentlemen, here's the Particle Cannon.

Its a big laser shot from a big gun mounted 1 million kilometers above your head on a satellite platform using beacons as their target. Its ready to take down almost anything it can handle. Bunkers, People, Tanks, MPAMs, you name it. It will just rape the hell out of anyone.The bad side? It will empty your bank account. Also, you may not kill everyone on the battlefield as well as not destroying the whole bunker, just a part of it.You may notice that only a portion of the beam will be visible on use. That's because the beam itself is invisible but becomes visible with a very intense light. When the particles are all spread around, they start to glow and glow and glow... Making big enough light to reveal a part of the laser called down. You might as well notice that the light particles will stay in the air for a while. These particles are concentrated plasma residues. You may not want to throw your soldiers on it because usually, it hurts them, a lot.

BUT! Don't be abusing of this magnificent weapon. Throwing too much at a time will accelerate your neurons, slowing the time around you. Its a mix of fear and... something else. You may call it bullet-time. Bad thing, it is very bad for your brain, so it may die of a seizure (Crashing CC in the process) and the whole planet you're trying to conquer will just... well... explode in a million of little planet chunks.

!! NEW !!

The PR-700 (Also known as the Particle Rifle, or Comet Launcher, or even Super Ultra XT Gauss Rifle)

This over-sized rifle will shoot a little blue ball that will slowly head toward where you aimed. At first, your enemies will surely laugh at that little comet but when it will hit them in the face, they probably won't anymore. The explosion produced by that glowy ball looks like the explosion produced at the impact of the Particle Cannon, but it's less big and the particles doesn't stay for too long. It still creates a crater and blow the hell out of anything it hits, but you may need to shoot several times or shoot on more strategic places when attacking larger units.

Note that even if the gun has a super long range aim, the ball doesn't always hit straight on target.

Credits :
-Data for this awesome game again.
-piipu For the gif.

Installation :
Throw the ParticleCannon.rte folder in your Cortex Command main directory. (For example : C:/Program Files/Data Realms/Cortex Command)
Note that if you had an older version, you will need to delete the ParticleCannon.rte folder before throwing the new one in.

Uninstall :
Just pick up the ParticleCannon.rte and shoot in in the garbage, or somewhere else whatever.

That bullet-time thingy IS lag.
So don't bother me if you have a lousy processor, just upgrade it.

Attachments:
File comment: Particle Cannon
Version 1.0

ParticleCannon v1.0.rar [909.63 KiB]
Downloaded 585 times
File comment: Fixed the gib offsets.
Particle Cannon 1.1.rar [921.94 KiB]
Downloaded 818 times
File comment: Added a countdown for both beacons (The nade one and the craft one) as soon as they hit the ground.
Particle Cannon v1.2.zip [1.24 MiB]
Downloaded 940 times
File comment: If the v1.2 doesn't work, take this one.
Particle Cannon v1.2a.zip [1.25 MiB]
Downloaded 824 times
File comment: Version 1.3

-Particle Rifle added.
-More different glow sizes.
-The blue fire now shows up in the whole explosion at the start, then slowly burn in the middle as usual.
-The beam should make a hole through the ground if it's called underground. I will remove it if its too laggy.
-Probably the last version.

Particle Cannon v1.3.rar [1.14 MiB]
Downloaded 2779 times

Last edited by deathbringer on Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:53 am, edited 15 times in total.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:46 am

Post Re: Particle Cannon
Looks glowtastic.

Dl'd and testing.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:48 am

Oh God the glow.

*EDIT*
Huh. After testing, it's actually pretty cool. I thought it would be some laggy stream of pixels falling from the sky.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:08 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Um, you are a disembodied brain... with full life support... so I think you mean a seizure, or into shock.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:16 am

Oh I forgot the brain... again. Well i guess i gotta tweak my description a little.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:26 am

When the nukes fail, this comes in. Gonna test out later.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:40 am

Now I can actually strike the site from orbit.

Downloading.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:27 am
Profile WWW

"Ion Cannon Ready!"

This is a keeper for me.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:50 am

Dat Glow!

But honestly, Deathbringer... if your going to make some as overpowered as this, why are you even attempting to lazily balance it by making it virtually un-buyable. Thats just stupid. The only people who are going to download this in the first place are the ones who enjoy destroying the AI in all the creative and utterly fun overkilling ways.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:20 am

Tested. The beam needs to be longer so it won't look strange in tall maps, or either make it a burst of ions. The explosion tends to be underground, decreasing it's actual destructiveness.

Otherwise it's just awesome.

Last edited by The Decaying Soldat on Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:27 am

I'm trying to make it balanced for those who play against their sister/brother/mom/dad/cat/dog/whatever. If you enjoy raping the AI then go in some random code (lets say the stick grenade), find GoldValue =, Replace it by GoldValue = -10000 and then you will have infinite gold for you to enjoy.

As for the underground explosion, i need to fix it and i know how. The gibs tend to go where the beacon points so i need to set the Y of the gib a little and it won't go underground anymore. So next update that will be fixed.

And for the beam, i did wrote in the description why it's only seen near the ground :wink:

Edit : I'll give ya my trusty Money cheat i've been using for a while. I did it out of boredom and i find it rather funny too. At least better than sticking a -10000 price to a grenade.

Attachments:
File comment: Money Cheat.
Probably the most unbalanced mod ever made on earth. Will spoil your game experience.

MoneyMaker.rar [38.22 KiB]
Downloaded 573 times

Last edited by deathbringer on Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:31 am

I just found that you can strike underground targets if you stuff enough stuff(or AAL extra mass) into the beacon.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:05 am

Post Re: Particle Cannon (B23) Updated 03/06/09
Already updated.

I fixed the explosion going underground, now the laser hits directly on the beacon. Not under, not on sides, not on top, ON IT!

Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:09 am

Now that is one good money maker! I thought it would spawn a huge pile of money, burying your actor at first. But 'Ka-ching!' Oh does that sound not feel good!

Nice visual effects too. This is one of the more fun money cheats out there, no, basically the best.

Okay, back on the beam cannon itself.

Stunning. Now it's just stunning. Great job you've done there.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:12 am

This is awesome :) overkill is an understatement

Also,

Quote:
burst of ions

lmao?

Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next