View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 WH40k Necrons!!! BETA TEST (UPDATE 15.06.09) 

Post Re: WH40k Necrons!!!
He means "We'll see" I'd assume.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:10 pm

metal chao wrote:
... what?

Image I dont know

Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:11 pm
Profile ICQ
Banned

Ork-Gothic wrote:
close this question, I dont wont with you speak

That is what he means by "childish".
Someone (Roon3) tries to help by telling you how to improve the mod, and instead of improving your mod, you say that you'll stop modding because the people here are "childish", and when someone tries to explain what Roon3 meant, you make comments consisting mostly of "Lol" and emoticons, finally ending with the above statement. Metal chao is right. You are the one acting like a child.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:11 pm
Profile YIM

While the guys are pretty sillily overpowered (even compared to the things you say it's balanced against), the monolith thing is awesome, and original. A floating brain with a gun and two autoturrets that also spawns soldiers every minute or so... think I'll see if I can up the fire rate of the gun and it's weight, though, since both of those are rather low... and if the soldiers where less broken I'd spawn them faster too. :P

Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:13 pm

Metal Meltdown wrote:
Ork-Gothic wrote:
close this question, I dont wont with you speak

That is what he means by "childish".
Someone (Roon3) tries to help by telling you how to improve the mod, and instead of improving your mod, you say that you'll stop modding because the people here are "childish", and when someone tries to explain what Roon3 meant, you make comments consisting mostly of "Lol" and emoticons, finally ending with the above statement. Metal chao is right. You are the one acting like a child.

fall behindImage!!!

Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:16 pm
Profile ICQ

Duh102 wrote:
Metal Meltdown wrote:
all the people on this forum are stupid children?

Blast! I've been found out!

Copied that one into my signature due to truthfulness :wink:

On-topic:
metal chao wrote:
I don't understand what you just said
Are you ever going to release a mod again or not?

*Steals question*
And OrkGothic, are you imitating an ork while writing, or do you really need to work that much on your grammar? I don't understand what you mean at all...
No offense intended *hopes sentence will shield himself from angry responses*

Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:18 pm

1nfernal wrote:
*Steals question*
And OrkGothic, are you imitating an ork while writing, or do you really need to work that much on your grammar? I don't understand what you mean at all...
No offense intended *hopes sentence will shield himself from angry responses*

sorry for my very very bad english :oops:

Orkz I do 1 year, but Necrons I do 20-30 days

Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:22 pm
Profile ICQ

Space Marines are too weak in Cortex. They can't keep up with the other race mods.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:18 pm

I have a screenshot here that illustrates a proof of concept. I took a necron warrior and went to the Astro mission. It was equipped with its two guass rifles and three cypher helicopters to traverse terrain his jump couldn't handle. I walked from one side of the map to the other (taking the paths straight through the bunkers and past the areas where most enemies are sitting) without attacking a single unit except the brainbot at the end. The other casualties were results of either my not jumping over them well enough or thanks to the enemy's friendly fire.

Going back a second time, I tried it with Ivan's Blood Angels. One Space Marine unit equipped with three bolt pistols. He died as I reached the end of the first bunker, by the guard just past the inner exit doors.

I did it once more with the orks, a slugga boy equipped with a shoota. I barely got into the first bunker.

Now this doesn'y say much for the strategies of the factions, but it does speak a lot for ten to twenty ronins failing to knock one down without it even needing to fight back, even when it's five shooting all at once.

Attachments:
ScreenDump136.bmp
ScreenDump136.bmp [ 900.05 KiB | Viewed 6400 times ]
Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:20 pm
Profile YIM

AgentBaron wrote:
I have a screenshot here that illustrates a proof of concept. I took a necron warrior and went to the Astro mission. It was equipped with its two guass rifles and three cypher helicopters to traverse terrain his jump couldn't handle. I walked from one side of the map to the other (taking the paths straight through the bunkers and past the areas where most enemies are sitting) without attacking a single unit except the brainbot at the end. The other casualties were results of either my not jumping over them well enough or thanks to the enemy's friendly fire.

Going back a second time, I tried it with Ivan's Blood Angels. One Space Marine unit equipped with three bolt pistols. He died as I reached the end of the first bunker, by the guard just past the inner exit doors.

I did it once more with the orks, a slugga boy equipped with a shoota. I barely got into the first bunker.

Now this doesn'y say much for the strategies of the factions, but it does speak a lot for ten to twenty ronins failing to knock one down without it even needing to fight back, even when it's five shooting all at once.

NECRONS only under WH40k MODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
under ORKZ and MARINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:59 pm
Profile ICQ

I think he means they are only meant to be used against his other mods.
Personally I think this is a little pointless but I guess it's his choice :/

Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:12 pm

awesome. Great job on these. And thanks for the thread link man. I appreciate the attention

Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:15 pm
Profile WWW

Well I used the necrons, the Ivan's Blood Angels, and the orks. If you throw out anything not made by Ork-Gothic, you still have a pacifist necron walking from point A to B under heavy fire and a pacifist ork barely getting his foot in the bunker door.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:16 pm
Profile YIM

AgentBaron wrote:
Well I used the necrons, the Ivan's Blood Angels, and the orks. If you throw out anything not made by Ork-Gothic, you still have a pacifist necron walking from point A to B under heavy fire and a pacifist ork barely getting his foot in the bunker door.

The sheer hilariousness of a pacifist necron or ork would make the ronins die of laughter (we all know (at least subconsiously) that ronins paint warhammer miniatures and play with dolls), thus they would not need to be able to take that much firepower.

On-topic do i really need to say that? I mean, the following text is only somewhat more on-topic... oh what the heck: If what AgentBaron just stated is true, then this mod needs some serious balancing, even against the orks and space marines, but first I'm going to take a look at the code so that I can find out how to make my own ubermensch version of the browncoat light for personal use :twisted:

Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:37 pm

You really need to stop using backslashes. :P

Mac Version

Attachments:
Necrons.rte.zip [2.3 MiB]
Downloaded 210 times
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next