View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Mission: [Coalition] Stratosphere 
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Mission: [Coalition] Stratosphere
Dummy controllers responsible for Maginot are dead. Good job. Now the Higher Command is willing to get your full report about this operation. Dummy tactics, casualties, defense potential - everything. Go to our new mountain base "Stratosphere". Although it is not finished yet, it's broadband communication node is fully operational. Use it to upload your report. Healing pod is fully operational too, so you can reassemble your body to recover from the last mission. This territory is safe, and you don't need your armor or bodyguards. There are some guards there anyway.

Powerful ion storm is tearing the exosphere apart, so if something goes wrong, we'll be unable to send you reinforcements and you'll have to command local base guards. However we can send you weapons and robots in crates. Robots cost gold which flows to Trade Star, so you'll have to prove that you worth the money spent for that robots.

Good luck? You don't need luck for such an easy assignment.

Updated: Jun 06, 2012
- B27 compatibility
- More Wafrare objectives supported
- Balance tweaks

Updated: May 27, 2012
- Dynamic Warfare compatibility

Updated: Sep 25, 2011
- B26 compatibility

Updated: Aug 4, 2011
- B25 compatibility

Updated: Dec 29, 2010
- B24 compatibility

Updated: Jun 30, 2009
- Minor winning text revision

Attachments:
Stratosphere.rte.zip [186.24 KiB]
Downloaded 4620 times
Stratosphere_B24.rte.zip [186.35 KiB]
Downloaded 1479 times
Stratosphere_B25.rte.zip [186.35 KiB]
Downloaded 686 times
Stratosphere_B26.rte.zip [187.15 KiB]
Downloaded 446 times
Stratosphere_B27.rte.zip [187.32 KiB]
Downloaded 881 times

Last edited by weegee on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:38 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:25 am

Post Re: Mission: Stratosphere
Uh oh. Last time it was relatively unguarded and I got a tidal wave of dummies and orbital bombs. Now it's EMPTY? I'm so ♥♥♥♥.

EDIT: Still no go. I'm so tired right now so I can't find out why it's not working.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:27 am

weegee wrote:

I'm very suspicious now. Gonna test it...

Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:23 am

After enduring all the trouble just to keep my brain safe and complete the objectives, I nearly cried when it asked me to go up to the other terminal where all the enemies had ended up. I had no other troops but the brain with the pistol.

Luckily, my enemies had dug themselves near the entrance by the time I made it up there, so the amount of enemies reaching me was such that my pistol was able to keep me alive without getting hit. I did get a REALLY close call with a grenade launcher wielding dummy, but I had found adequate cover from the blast. It was intense.

I liked the little details you added to the map, like the pictures on the screen. That was really cool. Also, where's the healing module in the base? I couldn't find it.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:47 am

It's odd, this still isn't working for me.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:57 am

Yep, crashes on me as well. I select the mission, click 'Start Mission', and...
It goes black, then the error messages. Think it might have something to do with the Lua?

EDIT: Fixed it, And I don't even know Lua. Just some easy spotting.

In the .Lua file, replace this:
Code:
    self.FightPhase = { NOFIGHT = 0, UPLOAD = 1 , HOLDPOSITION = 2 , COMMANDERHUNT = 3 , CHIPACTIVATION = 4};

With this:
Code:
    self.FightPhase = { NOFIGHT = 0, UPLOAD = 1 , HOLDPOSITION = 2 , BRAINHUNT = 3 , CHIPACTIVATION = 4};

The problem was that he put 'Commanderhunt' instead of what it should be: 'Brainhunt'.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:06 am

Polymorph wrote:
I liked the little details you added to the map, like the pictures on the screen. That was really cool. Also, where's the healing module in the base? I couldn't find it.

Its the giant green tube on level 02.

Also just played this for 30 mins now and it ended up in a normal CC crash (Not by the mission, CC's fault). Anyway I will indeed try to beat this tommorow because its absolutely AWESOME.

Not to mention the base was gigantic and very well made, but also the objectives and tricky little surprises (ASDASD GODDAMIT DUMMY ROCKET BOMB) were amazing.

I managed to start the mission pretty well, I checked the entire base before moving my brainbot anywhere as a precaution and rearranged my guards a little.

Then I went into level 00 right away and I didnt even heal myself because I had no idea where the healing pod was either. Then the classic thing happened:

"JESUS MILLION DUMMIES INCOMING, DEFEND OR DIE LOL"

O_O

Well, I GoTo'd my brain to the terminal to upload the screenshots while I prepared to fight the dummies on the right side. My nice team of 3 guards didnt let anyone through until a random dummy rocklet with bombs smashed right into them and blew them all up. All 3 of them. Dammit.

The base had been breached from the right side, but my left side had still a lone guard.
He took out 5 dummies and one dreadnought, but that was all until he bleeded to death just a meter before reaching the healing pod. Now I'm screwed.

Alas, I had finished uploading the data and then it lets me know about the 3 commanders that I need to take out and get their chips. The first thing I do is proceed with my brainbot to the right and grab all the heavy weapons lying around there and teleport to the top hangars and bunker myself there.

Luckily I start getting robots and guns so I dont need to risk my brain bot to retieve those chips.
After about 30 minutes of collecting chips (it took a while till I got the 3 different ones since the chip 1 and chip 2 kept spawning all the time. Chip 3 came eventually, but I had to wait and survive a bit.)

Then I get the message of my brainbot going to the auxiliary terminal and I take a look at the place.
Seems alright, just a couple deadly dummies and dreadnoughts hanging around there.
I got a robot to clear a path and everything went well until CC crashed on me. It was not the missions fault though, so no worries. I just activated the pie menu too fast or something.

But still this mission is AMAZING. I will absolutely want to try it again despite the crash.
Btw, if youre making a new mission, can it include transportation in a rocket through a cave or delivering stuff with crafts from one place to another?

Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:24 am

weegee wrote:

Easy assignment my foot (not sure if it's a good idea to swear).

Still, incredibly fun/tedious/outright frustrating, and can't wait until another OMGWTFWERALLGOING2DIE mission.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:44 am

I tried this on my current computer. Sadly, I was at 28 seconds remaining in the demo time, and the upload was only halfway done. So, I'll try it out once I get my beast MacBook Pro back :)
Also, it's a good idea to NOT have dummies clogging the upper floor walkways. lol.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:57 am
Profile WWW

Point.blank wrote:
weegee wrote:

Easy assignment my foot (not sure if it's a good idea to swear).

Still, incredibly fun/tedious/outright frustrating, and can't wait until another OMGWTFWERALLGOING2DIE mission.

There is a built in swear filter:
f*ck = ♥♥♥♥ = fudge

Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:07 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I rearranged the units so that the gatlers where nearby by the teleporters ( gatlers = oasis watchers ) .
Healed.
The sniper became the Guardian, and the other two ( who weren't trapped behind a fortification ) backed up the oasis watchers.

Uploaded, brain grab revolver cannon, and gatling gun, teleports, gets smashed by box.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:11 am

Foa wrote:
gets smashed by box.

Looks like your shipment of luck didnt come. xD

The ubercannon came in handy when I went hunting those bloody dummy commanders.
Just took my robot 1 and flew above them and when I had the marker right under me, I would fire and then go collect the chip and bring it to my brainbot.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:35 am

Gosh...This is a very exciting mission.

The best thing was 'Hold on while center brain finds a solution'. And I was like 'Hold on to what?! You are sitting your lazy ass back in the HQ while my base is being invaded by zillions of Dummies raining from the sky!'

Finally beaten it, on my 4th run. Phew! That was quite a ride. It was thrilling for every second I played. I give this mission a 9.5/10. Most amazing mission ever played. And after I finished it, I leaned back to my chair and gave a huge 'sigh', finally done. No other mission can give you that satisfaction.

I really like this mission, and the details and everything. The events were brilliant, not just kill this, kill that. You really can miss an instruction or two when panicking, however, the arrows worked well reminding you. GJ!

Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:54 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Point.blank wrote:
Yep, crashes on me as well. I select the mission, click 'Start Mission', and...
It goes black, then the error messages. Think it might have something to do with the Lua?

EDIT: Fixed it, And I don't even know Lua. Just some easy spotting.

In the .Lua file, replace this:
Code:
    self.FightPhase = { NOFIGHT = 0, UPLOAD = 1 , HOLDPOSITION = 2 , COMMANDERHUNT = 3 , CHIPACTIVATION = 4};

With this:
Code:
    self.FightPhase = { NOFIGHT = 0, UPLOAD = 1 , HOLDPOSITION = 2 , BRAINHUNT = 3 , CHIPACTIVATION = 4};

The problem was that he put 'Commanderhunt' instead of what it should be: 'Brainhunt'.

I can't even imagine how could this fix something :) Commander Hunt is a certain mission phase, if you replaced COMMANDERHUNT with BRAINHUNT, then you disabled most of the mission fun and it's possibility to complete.

numgun wrote:
Btw, if youre making a new mission, can it include transportation in a rocket through a cave or delivering stuff with crafts from one place to another?

I guess that this map should be quite a large one :)

BTW, guys... I was not able to beat this mission myself :oops: It's funny that it's interresting even if you know all the internals. But I'll keep trying :)

Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:05 am

weegee wrote:
BTW, guys... I was not able to beat this mission myself :oops: It's funny that it's interresting even if you know all the internals. But I'll keep trying :)

I loled. This mission really is hard, and require some luck to beat. If the controller dummies landed in places near your troops, it'll be much much more handy.

If you do make a new mission, I'd like to see other factions. After all those unpleasant experiences I went through in the two missions you made, I find it highly irritating to fight Dummies :P It would be nice to have one new mission featuring other factions, before hopping back to the Dummy theme.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next