View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 ArmA 2 is here! 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post ArmA 2 is here!
Has anyone heard about it? If you like Operation Flashpoint, you'r gonna love ArmA 2!
(My computer doesn't run it, needs so crazy computer to play.)
It's just great, it gives such a realistic feeling. As my brother said, he played it with his friend. They were shot inside their helicopter. *Insert evil laugh here*
Fully destructive environment, all vehicles accessible (If locked, i'm not sure but i think you can shoot the lock), and if you die, you will be a bird in the sky. And you can still be shot down.
I just did this topic for some discussion about ArmA 2, sorry if i broke some of the rules.
Oh, almost forgot, here's a link: http://www.armedassault.com/

Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:43 am

Post Re: ArmA 2 is here!
No, you have an incorrect link.

http://www.arma2.com/

That's the correct link. And just random fact: ArmA is not an abbreviation of Armed Assault, it's latin, for something, I forget.

Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:10 am
Profile WWW

Its a buggy piece of crap, just like the first one.

I wouldn't bother getting this one, just wait for Flashpoint 2.

Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:31 am

venn177 wrote:
And just random fact: ArmA is not an abbreviation of Armed Assault, it's latin, for something, I forget.

Yeap, it can mean war or weaponry, depending on context...
Anyways I doubt this will be any good for anyone but hardcore simulation fans. Sure realism can be good but when pulled too far it might just destroy the thing that makes games fun (for me at least): Freedom.

Maxim: I loved the original Operation Flashpoint because of the features like massive fighting areas, map editor, nice squad control and enough vehicles. If they manage to keep those parts in Flashpoint 2, they have a winner in my eyes. (Unless they blast up everything else that makes the game great)

Last edited by AtomicTroop on Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:55 pm

AtomicTroop wrote:
venn177 wrote:
And just random fact: ArmA is not an abbreviation of Armed Assault, it's latin, for something, I forget.

Yeap, it can mean war or weaponry, depending on context...
Anyways I doubt this will be any good for anyone but hardcore simulation fans. Sure realism can be good but when pulled too far it might just destroy the thing that makes games fun (for me at least): Freedom.

This game LACKS realism.
I can't even shoot my own guys! D:<
And the bugs, oh the bugs... They give me nightmares.

Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:57 pm

Oh god no, friendly fire...

Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:04 pm

What bugs are you talking about, Ive been playing since version 1.00 of ArmA 2 and no bugs

Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:47 pm

BUG NUMBER ONE; When you start the campaign, you will only see a back screen, forcing you to exit it and reload from the next mission (Which unlocks by itself).
BUG NUMBER ONE POINT ONE; You cannot play the campaign because of a script error. NPCs stand on the carrier like ♥♥♥♥♥♥s and do nothing, you end up just running around and jumping into the water (And dying), cause there is nothing else for you to do.
BUG NUMBER TWO; When pick someone wounded up, animation ♥♥♥♥ up, teleports wounded man 2 meters away, leaving you stuck in an awkward position and allowing you only to bend back and forth, forcing you to reset mission.
BUG NUMBER THREE; Invisible fires do exist. Blow up and ammo crate in night time, let the fire die, then turn night vision to see it some more.
BUG NUMBER FOUR; How come tank shells don't explode when hitting ground? Shoot the ground with a tank, nothing happens, no visible damage of any kind.
BUG NUMBER FIVE; I can't remember it, but it must exist, along with bug number 6 and over9000.
BUG NUMBER SIX; If you die in the buggy campaign mission, you will not respawn, and you will not be able to exit the mission, forcing you to shut down the game the hard way.
BUG NUMBER OVER9000; Annoying script error on startup, and everything else. Says something is missing.

Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:47 pm

PLayed the demo, was far too laggy for me (either my computer's getting old or it's not optimized, may be both) and while I enjoyed Operation Flashpoint, this one bored me. Controls are horrible too.

Oh and bugs D:

Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:02 am

venn177 wrote:

Arma is a plural only noun which means arms (not these arms we use, arms as in weapons, for those confused).

I don't understand what exactly is this game.

Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:47 am

Pro-tip to dumbasses who aren't smart enough to play ArmA2: DO NOT PLAY CAMPAIGN IF YOU WISH TO REMAIN SANE.
Be normal like everyone else and play it for the brilliant multiplayer, or you know, wait for the patches.
Oh and if you think OFP:DR will be better then you're ♥♥♥♥ stupid seeing as it's an arcadey piece of ♥♥♥♥ where if you get shot in the head it's "NOTHING SERIOUS BUT I AM BLEEDING BADLY" and where 30 ♥♥♥♥ rounds from an AK47 from a guy in your face wont kill you.

Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:24 pm

It still blows balls. ~_~

Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:07 pm

if you think arma 2 blows balls dragon rising wont be any better

Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:14 pm

I didn't claim it was better, I said wait for it to come out. ~_~
But seriously, ArmA is buggy, it always has been... For that reason, and for that reason only, it is crap.

The only thing I like about ArmA 2 is that they removed the BS 'hurr i'm moving mah arms and gun but i'm not moving my head with it, cause looking at what you're shooting is for pussies' aiming method.

Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:35 pm

if you think the series is filled with bugs you haven't heard of patches.

Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next