View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 962 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 65  Next
 DarkStorm Military Technologies -- Updated 12/20/09 

DarkStorm Military Technologies -- Updated 12/20/09
DarkStorm Military Technologies does not represent any particular force within the setting of Cortex Command. Rather, it has struck its own gold in the business of selling its products to all of the various competing factions, either legitimately or through black market means. If it has any long-term goals of its own in the competition or on the planet in question, they have yet to let on. Maybe they're just arms researchers and dealers, but more than likely they have plans that are just as enigmatic as the nature of the planet itself.

Download their ordering info here: http://www.mediafire.com/?jmmhayfdjyu
-> Fan-updated to 1.0 version: http://www.mediafire.com/?1hom3hn1yvqj228 <-

(If you want to set up the melee and secondary fire buttons, look in the .rte for readme.txt and keyconfig.ini)

--D40 "Kotei" Cortex Shell--
A heavily armored cortex shell. After taking damage, nanomachines will reconstruct the shell over time.

--D22 "Bushi" Clone--
Our flagship product. Every D22 is a female clone that is augmented with nanomachines that rebalance its hormones, and can reconstruct any physical damage. The result is a light, agile, and resilient clone. Along with the D1 skin suit, a D22 is capable of wearing one of three different suits of combat armor.

-D2 "Tengu" Combat Armor-
The most standard combat armor for the D22. It is lightweight, durable, and has two D94 combat knives integrated into the wrists. It is also designed to utilize the D3 jump jets, which runs much more efficiently than standard jet packs. The armor can be further customized to resist electricity and EMP, be fireproof, or be immune to cryogenic spray. A fully armed "Tengu Bushi" is capable of dominating on both the land and in the air.

(Press the melee button to execute a knife strike in the direction the unit is aiming. Jump by pressing the jump/up button. Quickly tap it for a short hop, and hold it for a long or high jump. Melee at surfaces while airborne to cling to them, and then aim in a direction to kick off in that direction)

-D4 "Oni" Power Armor-
A rugged suit of mechanical armor, built for the most intense combat. Not only can it take numerous hits before being rendered inoperable, it can withstand enormous forces. This allows it to wield our heaviest weapon systems. Its strength also makes it into a powerful close-range weapon in it's own right, as it can deliver crushing blows and turn most objects - even enemies - into deadly projectiles. It also comes equipped with the D5 jump jet, which is much less efficient than the D3 jump jets, and is mostly just there for lateral movement after jumping. The armor can be further customized to resist electricity and EMP, be fireproof, or be immune to cryogenic spray. An "Oni Bushi" stands as the ultimate shock trooper.

(Charge a punch by holding the melee button before releasing it. Grapple a target by double-tapping left or right just before releasing the melee button. Throw a grappled target the same way a punch is thrown. Equip an ammo supply pack by simply approaching one. Drop the current pack by double-tapping down. Jumping abilities are the same as the Tengu, though there is no wall-clinging)

-D6 "Yuurei" Stealth Armor-
Specialized combat armor designed to aid in covert operations. Its active camo can "displace" most electromagnetic radiation, rendering the armor and anything wearing it effectively invisible to most forms of detection as long as reserves remain in the rechargeable power supply. To aid in target neutralization, some of the reserves can also be applied towards an electrical discharge by way of the wrist-mounted combat knives. Though it can wield any weapons, only the suppressed versions of the D37 pistol and D35 assault rifle are equipped to function with the active camo. The armor is not equipped with any kind of a jet pack and even has low-output hover nodes instead of solid boots in order to reduce the unit's sound profile as much as possible. While this renders it almost completely silent, the unit must rely on its jumping and climbing abilities to cling to and kick off of various surfaces and navigate various environments. The "Yuurei Bushi" cannot withstand many hits, but usually if it has been seen or heard, it is already too late.

(Activate the active camo by double-tapping the down/crouch button. Activate the electrical discharge by double-tapping left or right just before pressing the melee button. Otherwise, melee is the same as the Tengu. Jumping and wall-clinging abilities are the same as the Tengu)

--Drones--
All DarkStorm drones are programmed with a pinpoint-accurate targeting system.

-D41 "Akateko" Security Drone-
Essentially a re-enforced security camera armed with a modified D35 assault rifle. Provides internal base defense at a reasonable price

-D43 "Yosei" Scout Drone-
Effectively a D41 security drone mounted on a small flying rotor craft. Useful for quickly providing backup where it is needed.

-D45 "Shishi" Defense Drone-
A heavily armored turret which can be equipped with up to two heavy weapons. Not much can withstand the firepower it can bring to bear. It has bee constructed to resist electricity and EMP, be fireproof, and be immune to cryogenic spray.

(Fire the foreground weapon with the primary fire button and the background weapon with the secondary fire button. It's best left to work by itself, though)

--Weaponry--
We provide a large and varied array of weaponry, applicable towards everything from covert operations to heavy bombardment.

-D37 Pistol-
A 6mm sidearm that is easy to use.

-37-S Pistol-
A reconstructed D37 Pistol that has an integrated suppressor. It also has a secondary magazine loaded with subsonic rounds, which can be fired by way of the secondary trigger.

-D35 Assault Rifle-
A 6mm assault rifle which sports a large capacity and a high rate of fire. It can be equipped with an under-slung weapon, which can be fired by way of the secondary trigger.

-D35-S Assault Rifle-
A reconstructed D35 Assault Rifle that has an integrated suppressor. It also has a secondary magazine loaded with subsonic rounds, which can be fired by way of the secondary trigger.

-D124 Coil Gun-
A weapon which uses a series of electromagnetic coils in order to accelerate a 12mm slug to extreme velocities. Accurate at long ranges, and capable of imparting a large amount of force upon anything it strikes.

-D104 Assault Laser-
A 10kW repeating pulse laser. It is perfectly accurate at up to mid range, though its low output can make foliage and debris a hindrance. Like the D35, it can be equipped with an under-slung weapon, which can be fired by way of the secondary trigger.

-D105 Long Range Laser-
A 30kW laser, which has twice the range and three times the power of the D104.

-D103 Electrolaser-
A weapon which utilizes a 30kW laser in order to ionize a path through the air, which is then used as a conduit for a massive electrical discharge. Useful against heavily armored targets, though it is only effective against grounded targets.

-D55 Grenade Launcher-
A 6-round grenade launcher. Comes loaded with 40mm EMP grenades.

-D50 Missile Launcher-
A versatile 3-round shoulder-mounted 80mm missile launcher. If directed at an enemy target upon firing, the missile will lock on and guide itself to the target, at which point it will detonate in close proximity. Otherwise, it will detonate in proximity of the first enemy it comes across, or upon striking a surface.

-D72 Flamethrower-
Sprays a stream of ignited jet fuel, which can burn and ignite groups of targets. Has a limited range.

-D74 Cryo Gun-
A combination weapon and tool, which sprays a volatile chemical that instantly freezes upon striking any surface. This can be used to form crude structures and weight down targets.

-D113 Force Digger-
Though not as powerful as the heaviest diggers, it can cut through softer terrain just as quickly, making it useful for quick and cheap mining and tunneling.

-D38 Gatling Gun-
A 6mm chain gun capable of a high rate of fire. Can only be wielded by an Oni-equipped Bushi, or mounted on a Shishi. The Oni-equipped version requires that the Oni also be equipped with a 6mm caseless supply, and can be further equipped with an under-slung weapon.

-D107 Revolver Laser-
A 10kW laser chain gun. More accurate and faster to spin up than the D38, but has a slightly lower rate of fire. Can only be wielded by an Oni-equipped Bushi, or mounted on a Shishi. The Oni-equipped version requires that the Oni also be equipped with a 50kW FCG supply, and can be further equipped with an under-slung weapon.

-D52 Grenade Machine Gun-
A fully automatic grenade launcher, which fires 40mm grenades. A truly devastating weapon. Can only be wielded by an Oni-equipped Bushi. The type of grenade it fires is dependent on the type of 40mm grenade supply that the Oni has equipped, and can be HE, EMP, or Incendiary. It can also be equipped with an under-slung weapon.

-D64 Cluster Mine-
A hand grenade which breaks into 15 small proximity mines. When a unit is detected above a mine, that mine will detonate. Useful for making an area or corridor difficult to pass through.

-D65 EMP Grenade-
A powerful 80mm grenade, which releases both shrapnel and a disabling electromagnetic pulse.

-D67 Incendiary Grenade-
An 80mm grenade that primarily releases a volatile flammable substance upon detonation, though it also releases a small amount of shrapnel.

-D61 Chaff Grenade-
Releases a cloud of reflective scraps which can confuse most targeting systems into treating them as enemy signatures.

--Under-slung Weaponry--
These weapons are typically smaller versions of other weapons, which can be attached to the grip of standard weapons.

-D91 Shotgun-
A four-round 12-gauge caseless pump-action shotgun, which can be attached to the D35 Assault Rifle or the D104 Assault Laser.

-D54 Grenade Launcher-
A one-shot grenade launcher that can be attached to the D35 Assault Rifle or the D104 Assault Laser. It fires 40mm EMP grenades.

-D56 Missile Launcher-
A one-shot missile launcher that can be attached to any Oni weapon. It fires 80mm HE tracer rockets.

-D73 Flamethrower-
A miniaturized version of the D72 that can be attached to any Oni weapon.

-D75 Cryo Gun-
A miniaturized version of the D74 that can be attached to any Oni weapon.

--Craft--
Our flying craft utilize powerful rotors upon entering the lower atmosphere, which are both effective and safe.

-D82 "Raiju" Drop Pod-
A simple drop pod which can deliver a small payload quickly, accurately, and inexpensively.

-D80 "Yatagarasu" Drop Ship-
A rugged, swift, and safe drop ship, capable of taking many hits before being rendered inoperable.

--Things left to do (maybe)--
-Redo the point defense system
-Create some kind of intermediate weapon between the assault rifle and the coil gun
-Redesign laser effects
-Try to keep Oni from exploding so easily
-Make more weapons for the Oni and the Shishi (mortar, rocket battery, railgun, nuclear-powered laser cannon, etc)
-Redesign the Shishi
-Create regenerating bunker modules
-Other stuff?

--Credits--
-Allen, for designing the Yatagarasu (I took liberties but the basic idea is there)
-Grif and p3lb0x, for various programming ideas and discussions
-TheClamV2 for the alternate ammo idea for the stealth weapons

Last edited by Darlos9D on Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:58 pm, edited 16 times in total.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:53 am
Profile YIM

Post Re: DarkStorm Military Technologies -- Updated 11/29/09
HOLY CRUD. Finally. Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, etc.

A lot of changes from last time. This mod is a lot "leaner" this time around. There are more features, less redundant content, cleaner and less redundant code, and more restrictive pricing (because, hey, this stuff is powerful).

Of course, I'm not done with this. I probably never will be lol. As usual, point out any problems you find.

Edit: Ninja'd by Grif, lol.

Edit: NO LONGER :D - Seraph

Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:00 am
Profile YIM
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I just, I just need, ... oh gwad, it's EVERYWHERE!
I came on the first second this page loaded.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:19 am

well first thing yay the next one is here and where is sniper rifle and nano key?

Last edited by hax on Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:20 am
happy carebear mom

hax wrote:
sniper rifle?

D105 Long Range Laser maybe?

Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:23 am

You have the long range laser, the electrolaser, and the coil gun all to choose from. You shouldn't be lacking in the sniping department.

If you're talking about the D7 specifically, it's been turned into the coil gun. Notice what the numbers in D124 add up to.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:24 am
Profile YIM

ok... and did you just add in that they are all girls? if so w00t girl power. ^_^

Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:31 am

@above: FROGs much? also amazing to see it out again darlos, will try as soon as I'm on a compy with CC. new DS looks sexy and like the concept allen did, nice work.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:51 am
Profile WWW

Outstanding, as always. Will be back with more detail comments in several hours more playtesting.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:57 am
Profile WWW

This is awesome.
Better than my thanksgiving :S

Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:14 am

Terrific update. Dropship redesign looks awesome. Something bugs me about the Shishi redesign, though; can't quite put my finger on it, but I like the old one better. Also wooo stealth woooo. Thanks.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:15 am
Profile WWW

Yes! Finally. Again many new surprises. And I love the laser effects.

I can't seem to get the left-left-melee functions to work though.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:55 am

Complaints:
The Yosei's description still lists the D35 as a carbine.
The grenades could use a slightly closer proximity trigger.
The stealth weapons don't always hit at close range, but that might be the way I suspect you're doing things.
Once again, you have caused me to salivate, which, as I have previously mentioned, doesn't occur in response to anything else I have yet encountered.
Everything else is wonderful.
Highlights:
The Lasers. Wonderful.
Laser sights.
The clear-cut defensive role of the Yosei and the Shishi which was not as defined before.
A Shishi with two of either weapon.
Melee system. Grabs are wonderful for offence but also for transporting troops and as human shields. If the actor could be held closer to allow for more effective human shieldery this would be even more awesome.
Stealth is now balanced. And actually invisible. And jumpy. And ridiculously fun to play with.
The aesthetic style of the new stuff. It fits perfectly and works.
The sounds. They make every left mouse click so much better.
The coil gun. Whoosh. Just as satisfying as the old rail gun.
The electrolaser.
The grenade machine gun.
The flamethrower.
The new dropship.
Pretty much everything.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:19 am
Profile WWW

Gonna need to perform a magic merge here, I love the new stuff, but the Kimon was my favorite thing of all of them.
Also the shock mortar.
And the old shishi.
Ahh, you removed all that I loved.
But you added lasers, so I have to love it.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:25 am

Meh.
I just renamed the old folder and used Notepad++ to fix all of the paths. Not terribly hard.
This concept of Darkstorm quality alternate weaponry excites me.
But y'know, I'm already pretty excited anyway, so yeah.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:39 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 962 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 65  Next