View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 962 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 65  Next
 DarkStorm Military Technologies -- Updated 12/20/09 

Post Re: DarkStorm Military Technologies -- Updated 11/29/09
Minor Bug: Tested all weapons and units on Astro (good testing map) and found that the grenade launcher had some trouble gibbing and shooting. Two out of ten times the grenade launcher would fire or break apart and the unit holding it (as well as some enemy units around it) would aim up and down rapidly and uncontrollably. I tried to move the unit left or right and the unit wouldn't move. :-( I could change weapons and swap between units however. This little bug may just be me but it happens every so often. :???:

Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:40 am

Before even getting to mess with merging them, I got a pair of errors.
Ahahaha I am a fool.
Minimal CC lacks that.
Disregard the above.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:44 am

Freeflow wrote:
Minor Bug: Tested all weapons and units on Astro (good testing map) and found that the grenade launcher had some trouble gibbing and shooting. Two out of ten times the grenade launcher would fire or break apart and the unit holding it (as well as some enemy units around it) would aim up and down rapidly and uncontrollably. I tried to move the unit left or right and the unit wouldn't move. :-( I could change weapons and swap between units however. This little bug may just be me but it happens every so often. :???:
The grenades have a proximity trigger. If you fire whilst next to enemies it will explode out of the barrel. The aim up and down and being uncontrollable means the unit is under the effect of the EMP blast described in the weapon description.
Actual minor bug: When going into camouflage using a non-camo weapon and then switching to a camo weapon, the camo weapon's camouflage is not activated.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:56 am
Profile WWW

Is the stealth broken? It doesn't turn off even when the bar runs out.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:38 am

Works fine for me.
EDIT: Oh, wait, you meant when it runs out. Yeah, it doesn't turn off when it runs out. You can turn it off and on a couple of times to fix it, though.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:02 am
Profile WWW

411570N3 wrote:
Meh.
I just renamed the old folder and used Notepad++ to fix all of the paths. Not terribly hard.
This concept of Darkstorm quality alternate weaponry excites me.
But y'know, I'm already pretty excited anyway, so yeah.

could you post a copy of this?

Last edited by stevie on Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:56 am

Hey, i'm just wondering why you removed troops that come with weapons. But other than that exellent mod man. :bounce:

Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:50 pm

It's briliant that this amazing mod is getting a re-haul if that's what you planned, although I'm not sure about the troop names and the sprites, especialy the new camo troop, and the camo dosen't go off when the sheild energy goes, you can switch to a non-camo wepon and they don't notice the inevitable floating weapon aimed at their head.
Overall, a lot of new stuff, plenty to look at and the new dropship is just epic but I'd like to see some new turret weapons and bug fixes along the way, after all, this is the best mod I've used.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:06 pm

Geti wrote:
@above: FROGs much?

Yeah, pretty much. Hell, it's even called Tengu armor now.

Subiw wrote:
Something bugs me about the Shishi redesign, though; can't quite put my finger on it, but I like the old one better.

Actually, so do I. Problem is the way object sprites are layered in CC didn't let me do the whole separate weapons thing and still have one over the turret and one behind it. So I opted for a "both behind it" design.

411570N3 wrote:
When going into camouflage using a non-camo weapon and then switching to a camo weapon, the camo weapon's camouflage is not activated.

Yeah... there's not actually much I can do about that since I can't really go through the actor's inventory and affect everything. So just turn the camo off and then on again when you switch weapons.

The Decaying Soldat wrote:
Is the stealth broken? It doesn't turn off even when the bar runs out.

Crap, must've messed that code up. I'll fix it.
LtLAWLZ wrote:
Hey, i'm just wondering why you removed troops that come with weapons. But other than that exellent mod man.

Well, I didn't want to force you to buy a weapon every time you buy the unit. I mean, what if you have a weapon lying around and just need to buy the unit to use it? You don't want to pay for a whole new weapon.

Samohan25 wrote:
you can switch to a non-camo wepon and they don't notice the inevitable floating weapon aimed at their head.

Uh, hm, I thought for sure the visible weapon would make them shoot at you. Maybe I should just set it up so you can't go invisible without holding the right weapon (or no weapon).

Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:26 pm
Profile YIM

Maby all weapons should go invisible in camo, just that non-camo weapons can't fire, that would eaven it out and stop odd problems. It's a shame that you can't re-map mouse controls for mouse2 to be a secondary fire, if it's set in the settings.ini it reverts to the original settings.

Edit:
One thing, the camo unit is a bit small, and block-like (It also looks like it has one eye), I think that's what looks odd to me, although in the end, it's your mod. The wings and nose on the Bushi Tengu look a bit out-of-place, the nose creeps me out, but I guess I'm still used to the old DarkStorm.
Also, the indicator dosin't light up on the camo, not sure how easy it is, but can the unit be semi-transparent? it's hard to tell where it is. Also, what weapons are dual-weildable?

More info on the camo bug - once the bar runs out the camo goes off, the sound is played, the bar starts to charge, but you stay invisible, to fix this you must turn it on again, then off. And I've just found that they do notice the floating light digger, not sure why it's so inconsistent though, don't think they saw the shinobi weapon, although I may have had a camo weapon when I cloaked and switched to a non-camo one, which they didn't seem to notice.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:41 pm

Finally. CC gets much, much better with stealth. Comments to come as soon as I've played with it for a couple of days non-stop.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:17 pm
Profile WWW

Sorry to sound like I'm nagging but there are a few other things:
The Oni is relativley weak, I'm not sure if they're mant to be or if I'm using them wrong but a single well-aimed blue bomb blew mine into a million peices, I thought they should be the backbone of the industry, or at least the main attacker.
Some of the Oni don't use the melee attack, it charges but won't create the neccacary effect or blow, the flame Oni is the one that seems to get this.
What happened to the door opening tool? I thought it was good for stealth operations.
Will there be any more unique tools? Or simple concrete sprayers? Another faction's sprayer or digger (If I need a more powerful one) can be used but it won't be in-theme and dosen't look right.
And slightly unrelated - pronunciation, how do you think of these names? And how do you pronounce them?
Are you planning to expand this? There are a few features I liked from the old DarkStorm that I liked, like the mine layer grenade.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:41 pm

Most of the names are common words in the japanese language, and are pronounced (Correct me if I'm wrong):

Oni - Means "demon" and is pronounced ON-ee.

Tengu - Is the name of a crow spirit, pronounced Ten-goo.

Yosei - Not sure of what this one means, but you speak it pretty much like Yo-say.

Shishi - Also not sure about the meaning, it is like 'she', but said twice and fast.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:10 pm
Profile WWW
Moderator Hero

I'm loving the coil gun and the new turrets, but will the Point-Defense System be making a comeback? I quite enjoyed being pummeled by an entire salvo from a dreadnought and not taking a single wound.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:48 pm

I was more wondering about "Bushi", it's an odd change fron Shinobi, I hope many iconic features can be re-implimented in the mod, although some wern't so functional and would need replacing.

Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 962 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 65  Next