View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22  Next
 [B33] MaximDude Corp. (10 Year Anniversary Update) 

Post Re: MaximDude Corp. (Updated, new content)
Joe wrote:
1) The laser doors turn on when any actor approaches, not just enemies

Did you make sure to place a unit close to the door (after placing it) for team definition?

Joe wrote:
2) When the dropship appears, it rains down some relatively heavy white particles that damage things below it

I am aware of this, same happens to the GunShip too I believe, but I don't know what causes this and how to fix it...

Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:55 pm

MaximDude wrote:
Joe wrote:
1) The laser doors turn on when any actor approaches, not just enemies

Did you make sure to place a unit close to the door (after placing it) for team definition?

I tried that, but still it turns on no matter what team is near it. Is there something in the Lua that's making it do that?

Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:13 pm

Joe wrote:
I tried that, but still it turns on no matter what team is near it. Is there something in the Lua that's making it do that?

Hmmm... Odd...

Well, I just checked and everything seems to work fine for me, maybe you should try first placing a unit and then placing a door near it because the way the door defines it's team is by checking the nearest actor's team and setting it as its own.

If there is a sophisticated way to define teams via player (Red/Green) check or something, i'd really like to know how to use it.

Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:51 am

The acid sprayer looks neat. Plasma cannon is now gore-tastic.

However, I notice the revolver is quite weak, even when compared to the pistol.

Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:21 pm

Excellent work! I especially enjoy the redone brain vaults and the missile silo. A most enjoyable mod! I look forward to the next update.

Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:34 pm

MaximDude wrote:
Well, I just checked and everything seems to work fine for me, maybe you should try first placing a unit and then placing a door near it because the way the door defines it's team is by checking the nearest actor's team and setting it as its own.

If there is a sophisticated way to define teams via player (Red/Green) check or something, i'd really like to know how to use it.

I know absolutely nothing about Lua, but I took a look at the code, and is it possible that when the door doesn't detect a team it assigns itself it's own team and attacks anyone in radius? I see something like a 60 pixel radius of initial detection, but I put the actor down before hand and put the door right next to it with no success.

On another note, maybe you could try using the vanilla doors as a detection base.(just a thought)

Btw, is the Acid Grenade Launcher supposed to have a 360 super large blast radius or a more directional blast like an "acid flak" of sorts?

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:52 am

:appeal: Very nice Laser Door!

Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:00 am

Joe wrote:
I know absolutely nothing about Lua, but I took a look at the code, and is it possible that when the door doesn't detect a team it assigns itself it's own team and attacks anyone in radius? I see something like a 60 pixel radius of initial detection, but I put the actor down before hand and put the door right next to it with no success.

Since there is no 'if no actors around set self team to whatever' part in the code, no, that can't happen.
I really don't see how it doesn't work for you because i've been trying to get it not to work the hard way and I just can't... It works perfectly fine, team definition works like it should.
Joe wrote:
On another note, maybe you could try using the vanilla doors as a detection base.(just a thought)

I don't quite understand what you mean by this... Care to explain?
Joe wrote:
Btw, is the Acid Grenade Launcher supposed to have a 360 super large blast radius or a more directional blast like an "acid flak" of sorts?

Yes, it's supposed to have a 360 degree blast radius and the 'super largeness' of it is cause by the long lifetime of the acid.
The Decaying Soldat wrote:

I wanted to keep it balanced... Oh well, i'll make it take off heads with one shot...

Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:04 pm

MaximDude wrote:
Joe wrote:

I don't quite understand what you mean by this... Care to explain?

Methinks he said 'glue/put a very small actor/door very very close to the laser door as a means of detection', because vanilla doors auto-choose their team, that is, the team of the one who built it. Make one small enough to be detected by your door, yet won't pose a problem to the laser door.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW

carriontrooper wrote:
Methinks he said 'glue/put a very small actor/door very very close to the laser door as a means of detection', because vanilla doors auto-choose their team, that is, the team of the one who built it. Make one small enough to be detected by your door, yet won't pose a problem to the laser door.

Ohhhh, well i'll see if that works.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:29 pm

MaximDude wrote:

I wanted to keep it balanced... Oh well, i'll make it take off heads with one shot...

Considering it's a revolver that's bigger than your arm, that's reasonable. Just make it has short sight range, maybe.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:14 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

MaximDude wrote:

Considering it's a revolver that's bigger than your arm, that's reasonable. Just make it has short sight range, maybe.

By what I'm seeing, it should be like a hand held artillery cannon shooting duds.
And by using a lowred rate of fire, and what somebody discovered, you can make a multi-frame cocking sequence... here is the quote.
Could probably make the barrel cock back, which makes the cylinder revolve to the next round, and the barrel cocks back into place...
And when you reload it just drops x shells.

Areku wrote:
Grif wrote:
hdfirearms are hardcoded to only animate into their first and second frames "naturally".

Not quite. Using AnimMode = 4, I was able to make another gun show a whole five frames when shooting. And spinup doesn't help anyway, as it always makes the animation play several times in a row, no matter what the duration variables are set to. Oh well, I guess I'll just follow your advice and transform the gun in a pseudo-attachable, then.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:02 pm

I am well aware of how SpriteAnimMode works, but I think i'll pass on this... Though I do like the idea of shells falling when reloading, so i'm on it.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:19 pm

CarrionTrooper had it right: since vanilla doors are assigned to whichever team built them, then you could graft on the laser barrier and it would be perfect (theoretically, it's way beyond my limits to try something like that)

Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:32 am
Loose Canon

Maxim, how good is your Lua? Because the gunship is really kinda crap right now. If it functioned like the EDV gunship, like all gunships should, it would be so many types of awesome I can't even begin.

Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:47 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22  Next