View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 The Personal Fabricator- build your orders, in your bunker! 

The Personal Fabricator- build your orders, in your bunker!
(i think this deserves its own thread.)
The personal fabricator builds things with nanobots.

Just place this from bunker systems, start the game, and call in an order with the "personal fabricator build" craft anywhere on the map. the personal fabricator you placed before the match started will create your order, with only 2 cents added fee to the price of your order.

Attachment:
Before.png
Before.png [ 99.42 KiB | Viewed 16156 times ]

Attachment:
After.png
After.png [ 108.71 KiB | Viewed 16156 times ]

To do:

-make smexy constructing effects
-make door that opens slash closes when you get an order.
-make a deployable version
-fix sprite.
btw, its not that polished visually yet, but its the only fabricator mod out currently, and ill fix the sprite and effects within the next few days. this is a wip, not a complete product, so set expectations accordingly.

Attachment:
PFab.rte.rar [16.32 KiB]
Downloaded 1193 times

Last edited by lafe on Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:16 am

Post Re: The Personal Fabricator- build your orders, in your bunker!
Download link?

Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:24 am

linkfan23 wrote:
Download link?

*facepalms at self*
sry, fixed now.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:29 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

It's pretty cool, like some sort of off-screen teleporter.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:09 pm

Lafe.

Fudging cool, dude. Tell you what; if you need some spritework done to refine this, let me know. Last iPhone project was retro-flavored, and CC spriting'll be a fun change.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:41 pm

Selkit wrote:
Lafe.

Fudging cool, dude. Tell you what; if you need some spritework done to refine this, let me know. Last iPhone project was retro-flavored, and CC spriting'll be a fun change.

Hoorah! :D A spriter for Lafe!

Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:35 pm

Very nice work so far, Lafe. :) I'll definitely keep using this.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:02 pm

Selkit wrote:
Lafe.

Any help spriting would be very useful, see, i do enjoy it sometimes for making small things like weapons, and even occasionally actors, but large objects like craft and bunker modules are way beyond my current spriting grasp.
if you could do some new sprites for this, it would be very nice.
if you could make a kind of small 'factory' a bit bigger than the size of a clone, maby with an animation of shaking violently, that would be perfect. also, how was making the i-pod app. [my damn shift keys are broken again, cant use question marks...]
I looked into making a button that says do not push, and then gives you a fake black/dimmed screen for 25 seconds.
but my coca coding is lacking, and it would be a stupid app anyways, i just wanted to make it for practice.

(sweet the keys work again!)
@Everyone else;
thanks for the feedback, i honestly thought id get flamed for this, because its current lack of effects, but im glad you all like the idea, and their will be much more too see by the end of the week.

Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:52 pm

It might be easier to make a teleporter sprite. Goods from Midas teleported directly into your bunker. Less fuss than making an entire factory thingy.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:49 am

Hmmm, I remember wanting to make something like this... Though I didn't know how...
I still have the crappy old sprites for it, you can use them if you want.

3 frame looping animation.
Attachment:
untitled.PNG

Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:09 am

MaximDude wrote:
Hmmm, I remember wanting to make something like this... Though I didn't know how...
I still have the crappy old sprites for it, you can use them if you want.

3 frame looping animation.
Attachment:
untitled.PNG

i guess if selkit changes his mind i might use it, thanks for the offer either way.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:24 am

Very cool. I probably won't use it since I love dropships/pods/rockets/etc, but this is a really great idea for something like a scene or mission that takes place deep underground.

I'll test it out shortly.

EDIT: On a totally unrelated note, Gotcha. I am so glad you changed your avatar. Every time my girlfriend looked over and saw your old one she'd make a comment about how much she hated it. :???: I dig your new one.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:57 am

LowestFormOfWit wrote:
Very cool. I probably won't use it since I love dropships/pods/rockets/etc, but this is a really great idea for something like a scene or mission that takes place deep underground.

I'll test it out shortly.

EDIT: On a totally unrelated note, Gotcha. I am so glad you changed your avatar. Every time my girlfriend looked over and saw your old one she'd make a comment about how much she hated it. :???: I dig your new one.

lol.

yeah, i made this for part of a scene im thinking about making;
a giant expanse of nearly flat terrain, with two bases, and 3 gold digging outposts hyphen gold from below the map that the players fight over. also will have 2 of my old hover-car vehicles with new sprites, and possibly a code fix so it can be parked inside. i was planning on making a kind of new map with distinctive gameplay, and the 'critique' thread in the game part of the forum made me remember my desire to build one, much as i disagree with the op, ive always thought a 'war'
type game mode would be fun, where you really don't get that much gold to start with, though you have some outposts over mineral rich areas, that give you a steady trickle of cash, but also have lots of gold around the outposts for quick cash if you really need it all the sudden.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:22 am

Lafe-

Actually, that sounds kinda cool. If I may suggest looking into whether or not it's possible with Lua to seek specific material types, you could then build a bot with custom Lua based AI, perhaps something templated from Shook's guided sphere (With permission, of course!), equipped with a small digger. Let them loose to trundle around in the mining operation, leaving the player to focus on a scripted mission. Maybe even in defending or disrupting a mining operation. Anyways, at the moment, I'm perched here with a bit of bourbon, my tablet draped across my lap, busily scribbling up a fabber sprite; I'm making it horizontally oriented like a tunnel section, based loosely off a stretched Hub module, so as to give it a taller ceiling and two choked down endpoints. I also notice that the materials on the current fabber are a little off, so I'm mapping some appropriate metal and concrete material sections into this one. Gimme a day or two to putz with it (and study how to edit it into the INI) and I'll send it your way. Been a while since I've worked with purely palletized bitmaps.

Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:07 am

Let me know what you lot think; Lafe, I'll pass it along if it meets your standards, once I've made a material mask for it.

Attachment:
FabricatorConcept.jpg
FabricatorConcept.jpg [ 37.81 KiB | Viewed 15160 times ]

(2x actual size; actual size is 4 tiles high, 6 tiles wide, perfectly seamless to other standard modules.)

Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next