View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Modern Warfare 2 v0.8 OUT NOW! 

Modern Warfare 2 v0.8 OUT NOW!
This mod is a loose recreation of the weapons from MW2 for cortex command,
using real world statistics such as bullet velocity, gun weight, effective range, fire rate, bullet caliber and reload speed among others
Created by Psyk323 and StoneCrow
The v0.8 version of our latest mod is finally done for changes and more see below, check it out

The plan was originally not to put this up here untill it was completely finished, but once again school got in the way with tests and im uploading the near finished version, only things left really to do is add snipers and all of the new sprites that psyk has been working on (completely new looks for weapons)
It would also be nice to get a little feedback on it :grin:
Its also possible to download it on the mod DB page

UPDATE INFO
In the new version you get new weapons! and a dropcrate.
New weapons and things include
A "care package" drop crate,

new fire modes for the,
AK47, semi and grenade
M4A1, grenade
Glock18, semi
AA12 autoshotgun, semi

new weapons
RG-6 grenade launcher
Hand Grenade

A completely Redone gameplay
now instead of following statistics from Call of Duty MW2, all the weapons are based on their real life counterparts and statistics, this includes,

real life weight
real life speed
real life penetration
real life fire speed
real life clip weight
realistic grenades
real life reload speed (based on reload videos)
real life zoom range (based on real life effective range /2)

the only non true thing balancing the weapons atm is the bullet weight and this is still based loosely on their real life weight.

explosives particularly are very very volitile,
and youll see how fire modes changes this to make all weapons generally good all rounders,
for example assualt rifles are slightly more accurate and have a longer zoom range in semi auto.

DETAILED WEAPONS INFO

It currently contains, assualt rifles, shotguns, machine pistols, pistols and explosives, multiple firemodes and more
!incomplete image!
Assualt Rifles
The AK47 (semi, auto, grenade)
The M4A1 (auto, grenade)
The Kriss Super V (auto)

Shotguns
Striker Shotgun (semi)
AA12 (semi, auto)
SPAS12 (semi)

Pistols
Desert Eagle 50.cal (semi)
USP.45 (semi)
M9 (semi)
M1911 (semi)
Magnum (semi)

Machine Pistols
Glock 18 (auto, semi)
PP2000 (auto)
TMP (auto)

Explosives
Grenade (fragmentation)
"this is based on real stats, so very volatile"
RG-6 (semi)

Melee
Tatang Knife
"fairly broken in this version"

Drop Crate
one care package box delivered upon a parachute and then self destructs
(parachute code not mine)
(i pasted it out of another mod about a year ago to use)
(and have been modifying it in small ways since)

Some Weapons have Laser Aiming Versions and Special ops versions with different parts
LAM = Laser Aiming Module

Download

Credits
Created by:
Psyk323: Spriting/Art + Ideas + sounds
StoneCrow: Coding
Acknowledgements and Thanks to:
CaveCricket48
for supplying great .lua code on forums.datarealms
Darlos9D
for letting us use his effective laser sights code.
Check out our ModDB page
Have Fun.

Last edited by StoneCrow on Sun May 22, 2011 3:16 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Fri May 07, 2010 8:15 pm
Profile YIM

Post Re: Modern Warfare 2 [WIP-Early Version]
Doesn't Unitec have a HUEG arsenal of modern weaponry? I'm not shunning your idea or anything i'm just saying. :-(

Fri May 07, 2010 8:19 pm

matty406 wrote:
Doesn't Unitec have a HUEG arsenal of modern weaponry?

This is a mod with weapons from Call of duty MW2!
The weapons on this mod are from the game! So you can "experience" the weapons on CC!

Fri May 07, 2010 8:22 pm

Did you think i thought WM meant modern weaponry? :smile:

Fri May 07, 2010 8:30 pm

matty406 wrote:
Did you think i thought MW meant modern weaponry? :smile:

No, but you looked a bit confused xD

Fri May 07, 2010 8:33 pm

okay then, well i was just saying there might be some eapons listed in here, that are in Unitec.
OK NOW THAT'S WRAPPED UP WE CAN ALL GET BACK TO THE TOPIC AT HAND. :-o

Fri May 07, 2010 9:21 pm

I think you have to have images in the OP...

Fri May 07, 2010 9:29 pm

StoneCrow wrote:
(no pics due to Zshare being down atm)

I'd say that's failure to read the OP right there...
Then again, my post doesn't fare much better... Will edit that.

EDIT: Downloaded, Criticisms:
-Pistols are reloaded almost too quickly (compared to real life).
-The bullets (in general) travel insanely fast. Not that they don't in real life, but it does not make for very good balance in a game that only allows 2 dimensions.
-Shotguns are insane. Maybe decrease the shot travel distance?
-Love the laser sights on the pistols.
-For the knives, I think it's better to only have one knife available to buy, and be able to switch between them; this will reduce the clutter in the menu from some 3-4 knives to only one.
-Thrown knives have infinite ammo, and cause light actors (un-equipped dummies I tested on) to go flying away. Not very realistic, albeit hilarious to watch. For the ammo thing, might want to make the throwing knife a TDExplosive that does impact-based damage (either mass-based via code or health-based via Lua), and can be picked up again, like the Ronin throwing stone.

I love it, but please consider balance as one of the primary elements of the mod. Also, what are the LAM versions of some of the guns for? I see no noticeable difference in performance between them.

Fri May 07, 2010 9:32 pm

Point.blank wrote:
StoneCrow wrote:
(no pics due to Zshare being down atm)

I'd say that's failure to read the OP right there...
Then again, my post doesn't fare much better... Will edit that.

EDIT: Downloaded, Criticisms:
-Pistols are reloaded almost too quickly (compared to real life).
-The bullets (in general) travel insanely fast. Not that they don't in real life, but it does not make for very good balance in a game that only allows 2 dimensions.
-Shotguns are insane. Maybe decrease the shot travel distance?
-Love the laser sights on the pistols.
-For the knives, I think it's better to only have one knife available to buy, and be able to switch between them; this will reduce the clutter in the menu from some 3-4 knives to only one.
-Thrown knives have infinite ammo, and cause light actors (un-equipped dummies I tested on) to go flying away. Not very realistic, albeit hilarious to watch. For the ammo thing, might want to make the throwing knife a TDExplosive that does impact-based damage (either mass-based via code or health-based via Lua), and can be picked up again, like the Ronin throwing stone.

I love it, but please consider balance as one of the primary elements of the mod. Also, what are the LAM versions of some of the guns for? I see no noticeable difference in performance between them.

Eheheh..... i actually know what you mean... All the things that you posted are right! and we WILL make that happen, but this is like a beta, and normaly I do the finishing touches ( The speed of the bullets, the damages....) But this last mod, that is here for download, i didn't give the finishing touches... there are some weapons that need to be coded right, and i know that but with school on the way i couldn't finish it... so i'm REALY sorry about that...

About the LAM versions, those are just the textures that you get on the Multiplayer game! They don't have different performance, only different sprites !

The one on the M4A1 its the artic camo.
This one to be more precise:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2 ... arctic.png
There is a new one that i made that is better then that one that you just downloaded...

Any ways, this is just taste, of whats coming up, probably in the summer

Fri May 07, 2010 10:24 pm

You should get someone that's good with sparkle magic code (eg Grif) to add a tool named "Commando Pro", which hurls you across the map at a target whenever you use the melee knife.

ALSO: Many of the weapons featured in MW2 are in UniTec, as was mentioned previously.

Fri May 07, 2010 10:26 pm

Ragdollmaster wrote:
You should get someone that's good with sparkle magic code (eg Grif) to add a tool named "Commando Pro", which hurls you across the map at a target whenever you use the melee knife.

ALSO: Many of the weapons featured in MW2 are in UniTec, as was mentioned previously.

Ok.. then i'm sorry for some of the weapons be featured in UniTec... i just want to say that every weapon on this mod is made by me (sprites)! i didn't copy theme or any thing...! SO PLEASE, STOP SAYING THAT IT WAS FEATURED ON UNITEC! we all got the point! :-o

Last edited by psyk323 on Fri May 07, 2010 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 07, 2010 10:40 pm

Sorry, i think i started this Unitec banter. :(

Fri May 07, 2010 10:44 pm

Re: Modern Warfare 2 [WIP-Early Version]
I like this mod, but I think that you should upload your "finishing touches" version. Generally, an Alpha is used for this state, where balance issues are worked out. The term Beta refers to a semi-completed product. I would place Cortex Command as a Beta.

That said, those sprites aren't bad! The guns feel nice, but I think you should make the "Different Textures" versions have a much more prominet texture change.

If this is a "First mod", I wouldn't suggest trying things with perks, that would get complicated really fast and everyone would want every perk in the game, which is quite a few.

Fri May 07, 2010 10:58 pm
Profile WWW

alphagamer774 wrote:
I like this mod, but I think that you should upload your "finishing touches" version. Generally, an Alpha is used for this state, where balance issues are worked out. The term Beta refers to a semi-completed product. I would place Cortex Command as a Beta.

That said, those sprites aren't bad! The guns feel nice, but I think you should make the "Different Textures" versions have a much more prominet texture change.

If this is a "First mod", I wouldn't suggest trying things with perks, that would get complicated really fast and everyone would want every perk in the game, which is quite a few.

Thanks for the feed back, and textures are going to "feel" different to each one... And the perks are going to be available only wen the mod is completed! The finished mod will have all textures, all weapons, some extras and all attachments witch will effect the weapon depending on the things that it has on!

Fri May 07, 2010 11:11 pm

AWESOME. I've wanted this for a while! Are you planning on making missions too? Like the third mission in the snowy mountain place? That would be tight. I tested it. All of the guns are tight and I like the laser sights. But I think the knives could be better. You should take a look at the Ballistic weapons knife and the Unitech throwing knife.

Sat May 08, 2010 12:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 106 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next