View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next
 Remote Elimination of Targets & Recon Drone Support 8/12/12 
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Remote Elimination of Targets & Reconnaissance Drone Support
Nocifer wrote:
As long as it spells RETARDED, I take it. So... Remote Elimination of Targets & Recon Drone, Especially Dumb?

How about an ( ERG I AM REALLY STRETCHING THE LINE ) ASPERGERS?
Hmm, it doesn't have to be confined to retards, retard, retearded, retardant, and retardation.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:51 pm

Foa wrote:
How about an ( ERG I AM REALLY STRETCHING THE LINE ) ASPERGERS?
The problem with going past "retard" and the like is that it gets specifically offensive.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:48 am
Profile WWW

There's just about enough words for stupid people in the thesaurus... airhead, blockhead, boob, dimwit, dope, dork, dumbbell, dunce, fool, idiot, imbecile, lamebrain, lunkhead, meathead, nitwit, simpleton, retard, dullard, halfwit, moron, blockhead, born fool, clod, cretin, dingbat, dolt, dumbbell, dummy, dunderhead, ignoramus, jughead, pea brain...

Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:26 am
Profile YIM WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

carriontrooper wrote:
There's just about enough words for stupid people in the thesaurus... airhead, blockhead, boob, dimwit, dope, dork, dumbbell, dunce, fool, idiot, imbecile, lamebrain, lunkhead, meathead, nitwit, simpleton, retard, dullard, halfwit, moron, blockhead, born fool, clod, cretin, dingbat, dolt, dumbbell, dummy, dunderhead, ignoramus, jughead, pea brain...

Finnish doesn't have so much insults... :-(

Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:30 am

Finnish isn't a conglomeration of a large number of languages. Or as many languages, I don't know.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:43 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

411570N3 wrote:
Finnish isn't a conglomeration of a large number of languages. Or as many languages, I don't know.

I see only English insults there.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:49 am

Really?
I can already spot quite a few, and I only barely know a single other language that english has words sourced from.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:15 am
Profile WWW

I think you also have forgotten the insults created by Shakespeare
Quote:
Thou bawdy common-kissing miscreant!
Thou wert best set thy lower part where thy nose stands.
Thou art baser than a cutpurse.
[Thou] rump-fed ronyon!
Thou call'st thyself a hotter name than any is in hell.
I scorn you, scurvy companion. What, you poor, base, rascally, cheating, lack-linen mate! Away, you moldy rogue, away!
Thou errant dismal-dreaming puttock!

Shakespeare ftw

Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:25 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

LeonXross wrote:
I think you also have forgotten the insults created by Shakespeare
Quote:
Thou bawdy common-kissing miscreant!
Thou wert best set thy lower part where thy nose stands.
Thou art baser than a cutpurse.
[Thou] rump-fed ronyon!
Thou call'st thyself a hotter name than any is in hell.
I scorn you, scurvy companion. What, you poor, base, rascally, cheating, lack-linen mate! Away, you moldy rogue, away!
Thou errant dismal-dreaming puttock!

Shakespeare ftw

This. :grin:

Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:32 pm

So.... back to the drones themselves, and not the naming thereof....

I was looking at the .ini files to see how it all works together, and I noticed these little babies are forced to the first player's team (team 0), so it's unsupported in multiplay situations? Well, perhaps not unsupported, just awesome when team 1 uses it }:D

EDIT: Anyway, I like the drones, the AI for the unmanned is a little sketchy, but then, it's only a little more sketchy than the AI already in the game, and you had no part in the AI from what I can tell.
Might want to see about getting the drone's digger/gun attached to the drone itself, maybe in place of its arms.... So you can't drop it and have some Dummy pick it up.... Friggin' Dummies.... Probably would need to make it an ACrab instead of AHuman....
And another thing, which I've mentioned before, only to be told to STFU because the game's in super-alpha and it's supposed to be that way: Waaaaay too cheap.... Money is easy enough to come by, you don't need to throw down 200 of these things (5k oz, which is EASY and QUICK to get)

Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:54 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Dude, you cannot weld a gun to the actor, not even to acrabs, what you can do is make the gun impossible to pick up ( so it disintegrates if the RETARD or whoever loaded with it, drops it ) .
The RETARD is AHuman so that it can easily fly, switch weapons, crouch, and easily walk over terrain, so hence its superiority over ACrabs.

I have to agree with you on the AI ( we need someone to fart sparkles on it ) , and how cheap they are ( hence zerglings ) .

To fix the only works for team0 you need yet again, more sparkle farts, or make a team1 version, I prefer the earlier.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:58 am

Foa wrote:
Dude, you cannot weld a gun to the actor, not even to acrabs, what you can do is make the gun impossible to pick up ( so it disintegrates if the RETARD or whoever loaded with it, drops it ) .
The RETARD is AHuman so that it can easily fly, switch weapons, crouch, and easily walk over terrain, so hence its superiority over ACrabs.

I have to agree with you on the AI ( we need someone to fart sparkles on it ) , and how cheap they are ( hence zerglings ) .

To fix the only works for team0 you need yet again, more sparkle farts, or make a team1 version, I prefer the earlier.

Well, the ACrab idea wouldn't be horrendous though, there are no problems with the Dreadnoughts, but you'd have to give it the ability to jetpack around, which might be specifically left out of the ACrab code.... The 'wildlife' Crabs jump, but I don't know if they could handle a jetpack.... Just an idea/suggestion. The legs are what bothers me about using AHuman (but then again, it's the same with ACrabs).... You have to have legs, and the legs on the R.E.T.A.R.D.s are just set to invisible, which might be all we can do for now, but soon enough, I'm sure it'll be different. Too bad you can't make it an ACRocket/ACDropship without it trying to leave without you/drop off people/whatever....
Maybe that's something to be tossed into the code for ACRockets/ACDropships.... "Autoreturn" and "CanCarry" types of values in the .ini.... That way, you can specifically set it to not return so you can switch away without fear of it leaving while at the same time not worrying about some actor stuck inside....

EDIT: One thing I just thought of, though.... So they hunt the enemy brain, right? Do they go for the coordinates of the enemy brain at the time of their deployment, or do they continue to follow a mobile brain?

They did say they were moving the AI to Lua in the next release.... Probably as close to our sparkle farts as we'll get.
I'm happy with moving it to Lua.... every modder will be able fix the AI to their liking or leave it as default, which will probably be pretty close to as it is now.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:29 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

The reason why ACrabs can jetpack is because they have no controllable flight path, it is hit and miss, but mostly it veers off course.

You can do the hovering with sparkle farts, but then there is the problem of making the AI able to move on their own.

I don't know if the default AI can follow mobile brains, so no help there, but it is correctable with more sparkle farts ( by refreshing ) .

Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:20 am

Foa wrote:
The reason why ACrabs can jetpack is because they have no controllable flight path, it is hit and miss, but mostly it veers off course.

I don't know if the default AI can follow mobile brains, so no help there, but it is correctable with more sparkle farts ( by eating all your memory ) .

Didn't know ACrabs could use jetpacks, never tried so just didn't know.

Oh, and fixed :)

Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:25 am

The guns have an impulse limit of 1, so they break as soon as they leave the drones hands. As for the price, in the next version it'll be significantly raised to 60-80ish. There will also be available an 'infected' drone, which has had its targeting parameter's toyed with by a virus, and will shoot at anything, friend or foe. You might ask what the point of owning one is; their usefullness comes from how cheap they are, at 5oz. You can toss one into a room full of ronin and its not as much of a loss when it dies.

As nice as it is to not have the drones hitting each other by accident, untill issues with the bullet detection are rectified it'll have to be left out. Alot of the drones' guns are rendered completely harmless. Thanks anyway Geti <3

Oh yeah, the AI do chase mobile brains.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 219 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next