View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 79  Next
 Drugs 101, class is in session 

Post Re: Drugs 101, class is in session
zalo wrote:
People still use aluminum foil to wrap their food in?

Only when I make my rice crispy treats. Sometimes, the foil stick to the bottom of em, but I eat em anyways cuz they're SO DAMN GOOD.

lafe wrote:
1. it is addictive,
2. and it does have side effects,
3. but its not really much worse than alcohol or cigarettes.
4. I heard on public radio some study that proved water vapor was like 4 times as bad as cigarette smoke

1. No, not addictive. Your personality more than anything dictates this.
2. Side effects... MUCH more good than bad. There are very few bad ones I can think about, the worst side effect being caught.
3. Those two are so much worse it's not even funny.
4. Now that's just stupid.

lafe wrote:
its really not that big of a deal.

It really isn't. Stupid Americunts in the government and their bribes from the cartels. It's ridiculous.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:31 am

I thought the water vapor thing was really weird too, but it was a real study, and nature can be unpredictable. ill see if i can find it on with google.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:38 am
Loose Canon

Probably harmful to lung tissue or something. I could see that being legit.
But tobacco really has no leg to stand on at all. No mind-altering properties, harmful to the respiratory system, cancer causing, addictive. There are literally no redeeming qualities to tobacco. I don't even understand why people would start smoking in the first place.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:41 am
Profile WWW

Yeah you're ♥♥♥♥ dumb, lafe, water vapor is not bad for you in the slightest you misheard something or the radio is lying to you or some ♥♥♥♥. Alcohol and tobacco are two of the more addictive drugs known to man, alcohol being one of like three drugs that the withdrawals from which can literally kill you.
Whitty; Vaporized aluminum is known to increase the risk of alzheimers. Don't make tinfoil pipes, it's really bad for you.
Hyperkultura; It's a cultural thing. Tobacco has made it's way into American culture as a cool thing to do, which is really unfortunate. This is where most tobacco use starts. I'll try to find a statistic on when tobacco users started, but I'd be willing to bet that more than 3/4ths of them start before age 18. Tobacco can be delicious though. Shisha tastes so damn good.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:43 am
Profile WWW

I for one can't stand tobacco.
I was hiding in a closet with 3 other guys (don't ask) and one dude was like "hey yall mind if I smoke" and we all left him in there.

Ophanim:
It's just a bowl, but since then I've moved onto a metal piece, and I'm looking to buy glass in a few weeks once I turn 18.
Also... How long does it take to 'vaporize' aluminum? Surely it can't be more than the second or two I hold on the flame.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:44 am

I think that both sides are pretty off in the war on marijuana. People who tout it as Satan himself in plant form are retarded; my father is much worse off from heavy smoking than from regular smoking of weed. But on the other hand, those who tout it as a miracle cure that...well, to quote you, "help(s) fight cancer" are equally retarded. Okay, it's better than drinking and smoking, I'd agree, but seriously, it's not like your health will get better if you smoke tons of reefer. Everything has its upsides and downsides.

Anywho, I has question that relates to the discussion of marijuana. How much does a quarter o' weed usually cost? This guy at my school sells it for twenty bucks, but my mom told me that was cheap; won't tell me how much she buys her wee-nevermind, she doesn't buy it, my dad does and I never talk to him about weed 'cos he thinks I don't know he smokes. Anywho...so yeah, out of curiosity, how much does a quarter cost? I'm pretty damn sure 20 bucks is way cheap.

ALSO, since when is smoking considered cool? Maybe thirty years ago, in the eighties, but nowadays smoking is basically a taboo and people who smoke it are seen as evil. I mean, they think that second-hand-smoke will kill you if you're in a room with a smoker. Hell, I've lived with my dad for all my life and my lungs are fine (according to my doctor, anyway) and he pretty much constantly smokes. My main concern with his smoking is that it costs too much, and I want more money around the house.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:47 am

Ophanim wrote:
Yeah you're ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ dumb, lafe, water vapor is not bad for you in the slightest you misheard something or the radio is lying to you or some ♥♥♥♥. Alcohol and tobacco are two of the more addictive drugs known to man, alcohol being one of like three drugs that the withdrawals from which can literally kill you.
Whitty; Vaporized aluminum is known to increase the risk of alzheimers. Don't make tinfoil pipes, it's really bad for you.
Hyperkultura; It's a cultural thing. Tobacco has made it's way into American culture as a cool thing to do, which is really unfortunate. This is where most tobacco use starts. I'll try to find a statistic on when tobacco users started, but I'd be willing to bet that more than 3/4ths of them start before age 18. Tobacco can be delicious though. Shisha tastes so damn good.

yo,
don't call me ♥♥♥♥ dumb you ♥♥♥hole, it was a public radio broadcast that played for like 7 minutes last week or so that kept talking about steam hurting your lungs compared to cigarettes, so if its weird don't go ♥♥♥♥ blaming me, blame npr.
//ragemode deactivate

Last edited by lafe on Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:48 am
Loose Canon

There's a difference between water vapor and steam. Water vapor in the air is fine, we breathe it pretty much 24/7. Steam of course, is hot. Hot things can burn tissue, and I would imagine that lung tissue is pretty soft and squishy and easily burnt.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:51 am
Profile WWW

Ociamarru wrote:
so yeah, out of curiosity, how much does a quarter cost? I'm pretty damn sure 20 bucks is way cheap.

You must be in Canada.

Ociamarru wrote:
But on the other hand, those who tout it as a miracle cure that...well, to quote you, "help(s) fight cancer" are equally retarded.

As stated in my first post in here, near the bottom of page two, it has completely taken away my back and shoulder pains, both of which haven't been helped by the various forms of treatment I've tried. I'm not saying it fights cancer, but it certainly helped me with my issue.

Also, lafe, steam (you know, steam? caporized water), is probably a little worse for you than a little smoke. I recommend you stop egging him on though.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:52 am

Whitty: Unless you didn't change a single thing about your habits or actions, and your pains didn't merely go away by themselves, that proved nothing about marijuana solving anything.

For example, perhaps it was you sitting or laying down while smoking that solved your back pain, not the marijuana itself.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:57 am
Profile WWW

whitty wrote:
I recommend you stop egging him on though.

this

also, sorry bout the vapor thing, always conjured up steam in my mind, but it makes like 4% of the atmosphere so it was a misnomer on my part.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:59 am

whitty wrote:
Ociamarru wrote:
so yeah, out of curiosity, how much does a quarter cost? I'm pretty damn sure 20 bucks is way cheap.

You must be in Canada.

Wisconsin, actually. But, uh, how much?

Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:15 am

Ociamarru wrote:
Wisconsin, actually. But, uh, how much?

Well, here in Texas, schwag is $5/g, mids are $10-$15/g, and dank is $20-$25/g.
So for you, very cheap. ♥♥♥♥♥.
/jealousy

CrazyMLC wrote:
Whitty: Unless you didn't change a single thing about your habits or actions, and your pains didn't merely go away by themselves, that proved nothing about marijuana solving anything.

For example, perhaps it was you sitting or laying down while smoking that solved your back pain, not the marijuana itself.

Didn't change a single thing.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:22 am

Didn't change what?

If you're referring to my example, you could have been smoking, or not, and it would have helped.
If my example was the case.

However, that was only one of many possibilities.

If it was about my first comment, it changed the fact that you can't say that marijuana cured your back problems.

Either way, you've made a boo-boo.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:50 am
Profile WWW

I did not change a single thing about my habits or actions, other than smoking. Then my back pains went away. I do everything the exact same way as before, except now with the weed every now and then, and I have no more back pain.

tl;dr, my back stopped hurting when i started

Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 1177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 79  Next