View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Faction: Lizard Men UPDATE: 11/28/2011 

Faction: Lizard Men UPDATE: 11/28/2011
A faction of Lizard Men

For those that want it and have been waiting I have decided to release what I have done. The only real change as of now is the weapons. I have plans for this such as updated sprites, which are done, and crafts, bunker mods, items and stuff like that.

Skyrim and the Holidays have my full attention as of late so I'm sorry to say I don't have a date or plan as to when these will be finished. I try to work on them in my spare time. If you want to help in any way just drop me a PM :)

The Lizards jump instead of jetpack but can jump high enough to reach most points in most maps and if your good enough with them they can get anywhere. With good timing you can make them double jump. I have also included a grapple gun to balance the lack of a jet pack.

cc48 and I are fully aware that the Grapple gun is a copy of the Spelunker. It was put in for those that do not have the mod and/or not very good at jumping. The only thing I am claiming as "mine" are the sprite. Full permission was obtained prior to using it. I have the PMs as proof.

Most weapons have two ammo types. If you have questions or comments feel free to post a reply!

CREDITS:
Gotcha
CaveCricket48
gtaiiilc
A few others sorry if I forgot you :-(

Attachments:
Lizard Men.rte.rar [527.08 KiB]
Downloaded 2989 times

Last edited by SnowMonster20 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:35 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:46 am

Post Re: (WIP)[again] Faction: Lizard Men
The sprites could use a little more texture, looks like the lizards are made of plastic. The tails look funky when the lizards walk, since the lizards walk up-right like a human while their tails stick out to the side as if the lizards were bent over/running very quickly.

For additional units, a Tortoise Tank would be cool, with retractable head and limbs. I don't really se a queen brain unit belonging, since lizards don't have natural caste systems (like insects, ants and bees specifically), I think an Alpha male lizard would work better.

Flying lizards could be dragons, or something like dragons. Pteradactyls?

Heavy lizard could be a large monitors. According to wikipedia, monitors are intelligent compared to other lizards, and some can count. They would probably fit the role of field commanders.

For weapons, they should probably be low-tech penetration weapons, like flechete guns, or tempature-based weapons, like flame throwers or cryo-guns.

Why cryo, you may ask? If you think about it, an intelligent species that creates weapons will probably make those weapons strong against their own species. Because the probability of having multiple species capable of developing technology on a single planet is probably very low, most of their enemies will be eachother. Think of it like how humans make and use weapons that can kill other humans. You don't see soldiers carrying cans of pesticide into battle.

Good start you have here, hope it builds up into something great.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:20 am

I like the concept, and the sprites, while they could use work, aren't too bad.

But the weapons are COMPLETELY useless. I used both the pistol and the assault slugger, and they can't even kill a Ronin at point blank range.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:32 am

Just to be on the safe side, are these Lizards, Reptiles or both?

But raptors. Small, light and armed with claws/a syckle. Or is it sickle... No matter.

What kind of ships/pods? A huge dino-egg shooting from the sky would be cool. Cracks in the shell and then they'd come out.

Make them heavy. Strong so they can still jump but imagine, duck-ramming with the triceratops dude...

No DL yet, just because it looks kinda empty.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:02 am

Ah YES, I'm having the Lizarmen back into my CC file! For so long I've waited for this! But... I want the green lizards and Executioner back, too... Even though green ones may be just a resprite of the blue ones, I loved the green ones more.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:41 am

Nice to see your lizards back. :)

SnowMonster20 wrote:
(if anyone still even plays with those)

I do hope this wasn't a snide remark though. Tssk tssk.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:23 am

I still use the zealots too lol so not any bad feelings.

I may actually make the green and red and include them but for those users that know me and how lazy I am don't hold your breath :P . I will post the sprites though. or may just convert them to the green because the green sprites look less plastic.

Working on the weapons at the moment and should have something soon.

The executioner may come back since you asked about it. was planning on using it for something else though

Quote:
an intelligent species that creates weapons will probably make those weapons strong against their own species.

If you've played with them yet their weapons actually do a decent job of beating each other up. I do still need to re code them so they aren't so useless though

Also cricket I cant think of how I would improve the tail to make it more visually appealing :???:

Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:29 pm

If the lizards are walking up-right, the tails are useless for balancing, which is what tails are supposed to do. Maybe you could make the tails short and stubby, to show that the lizards evolved and are no longer wild animals.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:06 am

CaveCricket48 wrote:
If the lizards are walking up-right, the tails are useless for balancing, which is what tails are supposed to do. Maybe you could make the tails short and stubby, to show that the lizards evolved and are no longer wild animals.

I am into fake science, fictional science, real science and what not.

But lizardmen with long tails are lizardmen that we all know and love, lizardmen whom we've grown up with.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:31 am

CaveCricket48 wrote:

I think that's for aesthetics. :B

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:37 am

Maybe just make 'em smaller and curve their tails upwards so their center of gravity stays where a biped needs it.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:47 am

long time no see, and nice to see these back!
...hey where's the shield and the egg! those better come back they were cool,epic, and I have lose the sprites so I can't add them back myself :x

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:11 pm
Profile WWW

Egg-Grenade anyone? Releases a small cloud of toxic gas and a lil' carnivorus dino baby

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:30 pm

The tail is just for show really lol it serves no purpose other than to look cool.
If someone can help though I would like to make it so their tails grow back when shot off.

Posting an update here in the next few minutes so keep your eyes open.

Re did the sprites so they look a little better. More "detail" and the tails are behind them instead of just hanging out. That is all that's gonna happen to em so if you don't like it then tough. Reptiles with brightly colored skin look "plastic" anyway. ever seen a green tree python?

I lost the shield but may be able to find it and have the egg and plans for it.

now comes with 3 "nude" lizards. Does anyone know how to make a bunker module egg that gibs one of the three nude lizzies at random?

THE GUNS WORK! YAY! lol they rape now. but the recoil is heavy so firing while doing anything other than standing still is unadvised.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:36 am

Post Re: (WIP)[again] Faction: Lizard Men UPDATE 7/1/10
Pretty sure green tree snakes are just about the only kind of tree snake. Blending in with foliage and all tends to have that evolutionary effect, you know?

Other than that, though, these look very good, and I am curious to see what further improvements and additions will be made.

Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next