View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1229 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 82  Next
 Roll to Dodge - Mecha ON HOLD 
Loose Canon

Post Roll to Dodge - Mecha ON HOLD
Roll to Dodge - Mecha

Backstory: The players are Mecha pilots aboard the USS Exoneration, a stolen US Aircraft Carrier under the command of Captain Lovegale. The Exoneration is currently parked somewhere off the coast of western Australia. The players are all part of a newly formed 6-man squad, Team 4B, meant to work together for missions to the land and in combat against other mecha.

You'll all be on the same team, going up against other Mecha, and as a departure from the norm, your humble DiceMeister will be playing among you. Don't worry, I won't steal a slot.
I'll be departing from the rules above just a teeny bit for this one. Biggest difference is that I'll be using a D10 this time, instead of a D6. So the rolls go like this:
1: Epic Failure
2-3: Failure
4-6: Moderate Success
7-8: Success
9: Epic Success
10: Overshot

For those who want to join in, here's the character sheet you'll need to fill out.
Pilot

Name:
Backstory: (Optional)

Mecha

Name:
Height/Weight: (meters and tons)
Physical Description:
Classification: (Light/Mid/Heavy. Lighter is faster and smaller but less heavily armored)
Combat Role: (Assault/Artillery/Support/Etc.)
Primary Weapon:
Secondary Weapon: (If you choose to, you can take only an extra powerful Primary weapon and no Secondary)
Abilities: (Includes pilot skills such as Marksman (+1 to using guns) and Mecha equipment such as shielding or jump jets)
SuperWeapon: (A one time use attack or weapon that's basically your trump card. Best saved for the worst of emergencies.)

HyperKUltra's Char Sheet
Pilot

Name: Fiona K. Lovegale
Physical Description: Bright green eyes, dark brown hair in a ponytail down to her knees, jaded and bored acting
Backstory: Can't really finish it yet, eh?

Mecha

Name: NC 5-0000 "White Blur"
Height/Weight: 12M/59 Tons
Physical Description: A mid sized Mecha designed primarily for one on one combat with other Mecha. Powered by an Experimental O-Model Gyro Drive, and capable over increasing power output to 150% for a short time. Has white armor plating on most of body, with occasional dark blue plates used as heavy reinforcement on the more vulnerable areas. On its back are 4 long, thin, and flat dark blue ion repulsion wings, all with bladed edges. Each wing can detach and be used as a sword for melee combat.
Classification: Mid
Combat Role: Assault
Primary Weapon: Wing Blades
Secondary Weapon: Shoulder Mounted Railgun
Abilities:
--- Aerial Expert: +1 while flying
--- Sword Saint: +1 to using blade weapons
--- Overdrive: +1 to rolls for 2 turns, must cool down for 1 turn after
SuperWeapon: Thorsecutioner Barrage

CURRENT PLAYERS:
Tomaster
Amazigh
JJA79
Tokochiro
dragonxp
Ragdollmaster

WAITING LIST:
CrazyMLC
ShadoWKilleR255
Ociamarru
Commodore111
GlowstickNinja
Caekdaemon
Fail Flail

Last edited by TorrentHKU on Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:21 am, edited 7 times in total.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:13 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Roll To Dodge - Blue
An opening!

Pilot

Name: Conrad Fowl
Physical Description: Large beak-like nose, and messy brown hair. Skinny and not very muscular.

Mecha

Name: Carrion
Height/Wieght: 9 meters, 5.5 tons
Physical Description: Bipedal Mech. Has legs similar to that of an Ostrich as well as wing-like jets on its back. Lightly armored, the entire mech is covered with color-changing parts to aid in camoflouge.
Classification: Light
Combat Role: Scout
Primary Weapon: Rail Gun that fires 70mm projectiles
Secondary Weapon: None
Abilities: Ghost - Activates the color-changing plates in the suit to camoflouge.
Rocket Dash - Runs at top speed while activating the jets, making the very fast/hard to hit. (disables "Ghost" if the ability is active)
Jump Jets - Fires a burst of the jets to jump long distances. The "Ghost" ability (if active) is disabled from the start to the end of the jump.

SuperWeapon: Suicide Run - Pours all jet fuel into the jets, hyper-accelerating the mech forward (MUCH faster than rocket dash). Jets are melted after use (can't use Rocket Dash or Jump Jets anymore) and a collision with any object during the run causes the mech's power core to explode in a very violent way.

Last edited by CaveCricket48 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:42 pm
Loose Canon

Cricket, this isn't gonna be long after this RtD. Humans are still on Earth, and Armageddon has recently happened. Space travel is the last thing on everyone's minds. Your mecha is all good, but your backstory is gonna need some changing.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:45 pm
Profile WWW

I might as well post mine

Pilot

Name: Pierre Berguard
Physical Description: He has straight black hair, a tall and firm body, and emerald eyes.

Mecha

Name: Goliath
Height/Weight: 11 Meters, 60 tons
Physical Description: Looks like the Goliath from Starcraft 2.
Classification: Medium
Combat Role: Front line Assault
Primary Weapon: Twin Auto Cannons: Moddified versions of Modern-mounted Machine Guns that fire 30mm Rounds at 270 RPM.
Secondary Weapon: 2 Lancer Missile Launchers 20 missiles per launcher: These missiles are modified versions of the Missiles on Planes, to be effective against Mechs and lock-on to Mechs

Abilities: Missile Maniac (+1 when using Missiles)
Iron Armor ( +1 when Surviving an attack)
Jump jets (12 Seconds of airtime)
Detection (Can detect mines, and enemies that are burrowed, or camouflaged)
500 watt Flashlight (Makes light so the team can see in the dark. Can blind enemy pilots)
SuperWeapon: Firefighter Howitzers (Fires 2 Modified AC-130H Howitzers from Modern-day, only there 210mm. There are 2, and Come from Barrels under the Auto-cannons, and draws power from and disables the Auto-cannons for 2 turns.)

Last edited by HighEndNoob on Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:14 am, edited 13 times in total.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:48 pm

I'll just do away witthe backstory.

Edit: And yeah, my mech is pretty light. It's not supposed to be a hulking war machine, it's a light-weight and fast scout that attacks from far away. Also, the mech can be used in an urban setting more easily than something bigger.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:04 am

Also guys I have my own RtD waiting in the wings for one of these current RtDs to finish...

Anyway

(EDIT: I wont be using this character, since it doesn't fit in the setting)

Last edited by CrazyMLC on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:19 am, edited 54 times in total.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:09 am
Profile WWW
Loose Canon

Cricket, your mech really wouldn't survive in battle at that weight. I mean, it'd have to be a bare skeleton with a gun and motors. Put it in the high teens, and it'll be acceptable.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:22 am
Profile WWW

Location: Standing on the edge of a large pit of lava facing away from it.
Pilot

Name: James Argus (I am awful with names)
Physical Description: Tall and thin with a very light colored skin tone. Hair is short and jet black.
Backstory: Before the end of the world he worked as a scientist who created superacurate explosive charges. Used for drilling through even the toughest materials. Shortly after the apocalypse he joined this group trying to secure some sort of order in the destruction.

Mecha

Name:Stinger
Height/Weight: exactly 10 meters and 19 tons
Physical Description: Can alternate from bipedal and quadruped for increased accuracy and movement. Cockpit is in the direct center of the mech with multiple cameras set up inside the cockpit. Two jets are set up on the back of the mech for either dashing forward in quadruped form or high jumps in bipedal form.
Combat Role: Support
Primary Weapon: Rail sniper used for piercing heavy armor and damaging critical areas of mechs
Secondary Weapon: Drill missiles used for damaging shields by applying extreme force to very small areas of the defense.
Abilities: Fast reactor (+1 to dodging and moment) Sniper expert (+1 when shooting from long range)
SuperWeapon: Energy hyperblast (Fires an extreme amount of energy from the rail sniper cannon. Destroys the power cell of the mech and disables the sniper cannon.

I don't know how overpowered this is so tell me and ill change some stuff.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:32 am
Loose Canon

MECHA HEIGHTS AND WEIGHTS 101:
Mecha weights are typically between 20-100 tons. A little above or below is fine. MLC, that is not a little.
HEIGHT. 7-17 meters OR 23-56 feet are typical heights. Again, a bit of deviation is fine. 30 meter tall mechs aren't.
All based on BattleTech, which I am probably safe in assuming is the standard for mechas.

Also, JJ yours is fine.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:52 am
Profile WWW

Pilot

Name: Sophia Moore
Physical Description: Blue eyes, Blonde Shaten hair 31CM long, fierce both in language and movement.
Backstory: Tal and slim she is the epitome of being sexy, if this was before the apocalypse everyone would be trying to court her but seeing as of now, the only thing she can do, is try to protect herself and her dignity by becoming the fiercest warrior in the arena.

Mecha

Name: BB - Custom "Black Death"
Height/Weight: 10M/42 Tons
Physical Description: A Middle class Mechanoid designed for speed, precision and power, Triple Ion Reactors protected by 7 Tonnes of Tungsten adding up to a total of 14 tonnes at the center of the Mech allowing it to posses great maneuverability. mounted on the back: 2 thin and Long Ion-Boosters for vertical movement and 2 short not-so-thin boosters for lateral movement, the boosters can fold to allow the Rail Cannon holster to pop out. Slick metal plates make up the armor with camouflage color fitting for *the place we are at*.
Classification: Mid
Combat Role: Sniper
Primary Weapon: Large Rail Canon with a holster on the back.
Secondary Weapon: A long sword with a waist sheath.
Abilities:
--- Aerial Expert: +1 while flying +1 to dodging.
--- Sword Expertise: +1 to using blade weapons.
--- Sniper: +1 to aiming weapons.
SuperWeapon: 3 auto lock EMP missiles + 4 Ion Distruptors, mounted on a "pop-out" mechanism on the left arm, the missiles are on the left/right/top side of the arm.

I got the last spot!!

Last edited by ShadoWKilleR255 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:15 am

Pilot
Name: Mikhail Chen
Description: Extremely dark brown eyes, short black hair, mid-short height, average musculature. Acts in a manner suggesting aversion to prolonged social contact as well as lack of sleep. Is concise and brief in all communication he is otherwise forced to make.
Backstory: Unwilling to tell. Apparently got into mechs to survive, according to people that have known him longer.

Mecha
Name: Apparently unnamed. Known as "The Hunter" by others.
Height/Weight: 10M/28 Tons
Physical Description: An average sized light humanoid mecha. Optimised for speed and stealth, it runs on all four limbs when necessary whilst entering a more bipedal stance for acrobatics. Its smooth, curved hull is a dark blue, providing good natural colour camouflage for night, while its active camouflage system makes it significantly harder to see if used intelligently. Fairly hefty cylinders are held in the sides of its arms, popping out and forwards while in use.
Combat Role: Stealth Harassment/Assassination/Support
Primary Weapon: Ion Burst Module: The right hand cylinder, when activated, extrudes a charred nozzle forwards, with the frontal cover opening like the petals of a flower. A faint blue light emanates from the barrel before a long, thin burst of arcing blue ionised particles lances forwards. The weapon, whilst doing damage to the extreme, may only do this to at most a few parts lined up at once and takes a large amount of time to recharge. Additionally, if not targeted at a weak point or armour seam its effectiveness is greatly diminished.
Secondary Weapon: Harassment/Support System: Fires an extremely light projectile at high velocity. Unlikely to do very much damage on its own or indeed penetrate all but the weakest of armour. However, if it is fired such that it actually penetrates, it causes sufficient electromagnetic interference to diminish responsiveness of systems close to the embedded projectile as well as relaying the position, statuses and control commands of its target back to the user.
Abilities:
---- Acrobatic: Bonuses to movement and dodging
--- Acoustic Analysis Targeting System: More likely to find weak points in armour, etc.
-- Medium Level Active Camouflage: Invisibility, subject to not being actively tracked, range, movement, etc.
Super Weapon: Ion Burst Overcharge: Ion Burst Module fires a significantly more powerful blast, but renders itself unusable in the process.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:21 am
Profile WWW

Will it render itself unusable for, forever?

Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:23 am

I'll probably want to be replacing it or otherwise conducting extensive repairs. It says to make the super attacks one time only, after all.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:17 am
Profile WWW

But your super attack is linked with your primary weapon, isn't that kind of bad.. Frying your primary weapon that is.

Also making an Ion lance in somewhere that is pressurized is stupid and impossible, the Ionized material will keep flowing forward (of course arching from gravity if present) but it won't disperse like it does in space.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:28 am

Wuh?
Why would it disperse?
I don't need it to disperse. I just need it to eat a hole in the enemy mecha. A small hole, true, but a deep and hopefully crippling one. If you mean it won't flow forwards, then I should probably make it clear that it's based on modern electrodynamic engines, which use an electromagnetic field to propel the ions.
Also, if I'm allowed more perks, would you mind telling me? I'd like to add a support perk or something.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:24 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1229 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 82  Next