View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Some questions on the wiki 

Post Some questions on the wiki
Yes, I know about the temporary wiki.

So why has the wiki been down? I hear it was something about spammers or something, but I'm still not sure...

And why has it been down for such a long time? It's been months!

Couldn't Data have at least made an apology page instead of leading thousands of people to a wall of 404s?

Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:09 am
happy carebear mom

Post Re: Some questions on the wiki
Um, how long have you been here man?
If it's been less than a few months it's understandable that you don't comprehend just how much Data doesn't care about the site in general.
The last major bastion against the servers going into meltdown mode was WizardJames, who disappeared shortly before Weasel got here. He's the one who coded the badge system and kept the forum and wiki running smoothly, so without him the site's vitals are dropping out of nominal ranges into the red zone.
Weasel apparently has some experience with keeping up servers, but not enough with PHPBB to trust himself to it, and I have no idea what happened to the wiki. I kinda doubt anyone does.

Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:13 am

Not very long.

Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:16 am
Loose Canon

Erm. So why exactly did Wiz James leave?

Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:21 am
Profile WWW

Wait doesn't paul know any php? Cause he seems like just about the only person weasel has trusted enough to give any sort of administrative control, and it would be nice to have some fixes happening, which will only happen if someone who cares about this place has some sort of power.
I've seriously considered getting the database and associated gzips and setting up a remote community forum elsewhere where we'd have participating members with access to the inner workings of the forum again, but it's a bunch of work that I personally don't have time for at the moment and we'll end up decentralising everything even further anyway (inactive devlog remains on datarealms.com, forum would be somewhere else, wiki is thebunny.info, irc is on rizon.net, modDB is also elsewhere). Plus we'd need to redirect any new users to the other site as well.

WJ left cause he was sick of everything afaik, but it could be for some other reason.

Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:26 am
Profile WWW
happy carebear mom

At present moment, Alenth and Weasel are about even in terms of administrative control (though only Weasel has DB/server access afaik), and the rest of us are global mod level.
It would be nice if we could get some sort of DRLFF TASK FORCE going but with weasel in and out so often (and to the best of my knowledge not really communicating with the mod team) it's probably not going to happen.

Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:33 am

Alenth is still admin? Hey, he is! No server access kind of ♥♥♥♥ up the utility of that information though :/

Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:40 am
Profile WWW

Does anyone know if weasel is still getting paid? 'Cause if he is it sounds like a ♥♥♥♥ sweet gig.

Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:13 am
REAL AMERICAN HERO

♥♥♥♥, I'd be happy to utilize admin access to clean up some of this mess if I could

Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]