View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 The Arena - Roll 3 

Post The Arena - Roll 3
This will be kind of like an RTD, but not exactly. Also before you flame me about me having two threads (if that's against the rules, sorry I didn't know) I'm not exactly sure how to run a serious rtd.
I'll be helping you out.
Ok, this is how it works.

1. Choose your role.

• Arena Master - Releases the beasts and oversees the battle. [1/1 = CaekDaemon]
  • Beast - You are the beast(s)! Kill the gladiators and win the battles. [1/1 = Ociamarru]
  • Gladiator - Fight the beasts and win the battle! [2/3 = Nonsequitorian , Tokochiro]
  • Spectator - You won't really effect anything and you won't have an inventory or traits, but you can magically pull things out of your pocket to throw/help people. [2/2 = Yoman , UnwoundPath]
  • Other - If you can think of something at it makes sense, you can join this. Not required to start the battle. [?/?]

If you want to be a Gladiator, look here. This is what I wrote:

You can pick a fictional hero to use or you can make your own.

2. If you do pick a hero, you must abide by the following:
  • No Flying or similar
  • No Invincibility or similar
  • No More than 3 minor powers (Little fireball, etc.)
  • No More than 2 major powers (AOE fireball, etc.)
  • No More than 1 signature power (Superman: reverse time, etc.)
  • No Unfair powers (Unlimited Invisibility, 1 hit ko, etc.)
  • If your not sure if your power is OP, just ask.

2b. If you did make your own superhero, the above rules apply.

3. Heros must wait certain turns before your hero can cast a spell again.
  • Wait 1 turn before you can use the same minor power again. This doesn't mean you can't use a minor every turn.
  • Wait 2 turns before you can use a major power. You can not use them one after another, you must wait a full 2 turns before using any major.
  • Wait 7 turns or use a regenerative item. (You will know when you see one.)
  • No Marvel characters. I hate Marvel.

Example:
Hero name: Frogman
Minors - Tongue Slap (Knocks down an enemy), Ball Curl (Makes a soft landing for you)
Majors - Pheromones (Make enemies run in fear)
Signature - Explosive Intestine (Damages everyone and knocks them unconscious)
Other notes: Can jump really high and store things in its mouth (like a chipmunk).

If you want to be an Arena Master, look here. This is what I wrote:
So, you wanna be an Arena Master, eh? Just pm me and you've got it. You will be releasing the animals by pming me. Every other action will be posted in the thread. The Arena Master controls the whole game. You can make rules, deploy the sentry turrets, whatever. I don't care as long as you don't fly into the sky and explode the whole arena.

If you want to be the Beasts, look here. This is what I wrote:
Since you are the evil enemy, you will be pming me your actions (so that the gladiators don't know you are coming). You will try to kill the Gladiators. Think like a beast. Act like a beast. KILL LIKE A BEAST!

If you want to be a beast, send the beast sheet to me and then the Arena Master when you join.

Example:
Name: Cyclops
Attack 1: Swing club
Attack 2: Pick up man and eat him
Major Attack: Slam (knock everyone down)
Other notes: It's large size can overwhelm the strongest of men with it's herculean power.

Everything else. Obviously, this is what I wrote:
--- Rules ---

There will be no waiting line. If you want to join a spot, you say so when it's open.

I won't be keeping a list/record or whatever, it's all gonna be on the thread. If you see someone break the rules (use a major 3 times in a row) and I don't notice for some reason, tell me and they will be DQ'd.

This game will go fast. You won't have to wait a week for a spot to be open, people will die easily.

If you think anything is unfair or something needs to be fixed/added to this game, just tell me.

Whenever you join, you will literally spawn inside the arena. There isn't going to be going outside of the arena, because it's surrounded with brain munching carrots.

The game will be flipped on a coin. Tails(0) is bad, Heads(1) is good. If your in a death situation, you get two flips. Tails twice means death (Maybe).

I don't need spectators actions, so if all the main chars have their actions in, I'm going without you.

-- Current AM's Rules --

N/A

And that wraps it all up, I guess.

Last edited by Raven on Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:50 am, edited 12 times in total.

Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:04 am

Post Re: The Arena
I wish to be a spectator with a bag of throwing vegetables and a beast-whistle sitting in a front row seat. I have a pet Brain-muncher Carrot with me.

Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:26 am

I'll be the beast! But, uh, before I design or shamelessly steal some beasts, I have a question. Exactly how strong should a beast be, and how beastly should one be? Like, mildly intelligent or wild and filled with blood-lust and/or hunger?

Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:17 am

I'll make an example of the beast when I get back from fishing. That's approx 7-9 hours.

Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:03 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Il be the Arena Master.

Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:41 pm
Profile WWW

We just need some gladiators now.

Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:10 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Alright. I've thought of the Arena layout, and I've come to settle on a idea.

A Large arena, similar in shape to that of a football stadium. Holographic emitters (star trek style) to vary terrain.

Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:19 pm
Profile WWW

Hero

Name: Johni
Minor power: Possess elemental, wind blast(makes movement hard for enemies)
Major power: Summon elemental(only usable if there is a magic circle)
Signature: Magic circle(Enables Summon elemental and possess elemental)
Notes: His low weight helps him move around quickly.

Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:29 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Woohoo. This means we can start. Woot.

Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:54 pm
Profile WWW

I'm confused - do you want me to revise my critter or are we stickin' with it?

Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:56 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Ociamarru wrote:
I'm confused - do you want me to revise my critter or are we stickin' with it?

Stickin' with it. I shall tell you the terrain that will be used for this fight, so you can tweak it if you want.

Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:54 pm
Profile WWW

Spectator please, but I may want to play the next round, I want to see how it goes.

Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:08 pm

I'll make a few tweaks to make it fit the terrain better.

EDIT: Bam, done. So I'm ready to get this started whenever you guys are.

Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:15 pm

Rolling. (Or flipping, whatever)

----- Roll 1 -----

The crowd is waiting. People are sweating, eager for the fight to begin. A crowd of two, of course. To an ordinary person this would be boring, but to these two spectators this is going to be the show of their lives. The ground starts to rumble in a certain area, cracking the sandy earth. Suddenly a sonorous voice echos throughout the stadium, "Men and Women, please take your seats. The show is about to begin." Holographic emitters engage on the outskirts of the arena, ready to change the landscape at any moment. A white beam of ligh- No, two white beams of light appear in the middle of the arena. Out of those teleport two men. Sorry, let me rephrase that. Out of those beams teleport a large muscled up man who seems to be a maniac wrestler or something of the sort, and a short being with a black robe on. Anyone that happens to be in the stands however cannot see his face, as it is cloaked.

"YOU READY MAN?!?!?!" Yells the muscled up one while slamming his Spiked Whip into the ground.

"..." The cloaked man does not reply.

The lights dim in the stands, leaving only the arena lit. "Let the games begin."

A door that was not noticed before opens up on an edge of the arena. Out of it comes
Code:
Name: ???
Attack 1: ???
Attack 2: ???
Major Attack: ???
Other notes: ???
Appearance: Alright, think of a Hippogryph with peacock feathers. Then add a peacocks head also. For the final amendment, replace the hind legs with those of a tigers. Ouch.

----- Roll Complete -----

Actions!

Side notes: The question marks mean the the Gladiators don't know that about it. The gladiators can add entries to the details if they want. EX: > Add entry to beastiary: Attack 1 - Laser beam vision (that's not really it). If the Arena Master wants, he/she can release the name or even it's attacks! (though I wouldn't reveal the attacks :P) Also, Arena Master, you can die as easily as the gladiators can. If a stray arrow goes flying and you get tails... you know what happens.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:58 am

Second Roll: Tails: Nonsequitorian swings his whip around and hits himself in the head, decapitating himself.

Lol, that would make my day.

Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next