View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next
 Your dreams 

Post Re: Your dreams
I'm really sorry to be cruel(I guess :P )but that ♥♥♥♥♥ and ass deserved what they got and will forever burn in the broth of stupidity.

Morale of the story think(thoroughly) before you act or ♥♥♥♥ will hit the fan.

Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:08 am

Nonsequitorian, that's awesome. :D

I practice remembering my dreams. It has enabled me to do something called lucid dreaming, which is where you realize you are dreaming inside a dream. This allows you to take control of your own mind and do whatever you want. Your own instant virtual reality. Anything you want, and I do mean anything, is possible, even altering your senses to see, taste, or smell things that don't exist is possible. You can invent a happiness drink that instantly makes you feel awesome when drunk. You can fly. You can total a thousand cars and miraculously walk out of the burning cars without a scratch. You can conquer your own fears by experiencing them in a controlled way via your own mind. It is even possible to make your dreams sharper and clearer than real life, and even conquer nightmares.

Now, I made it sound really awesome, right? :grin:

Well here's my dream journal. Recently it's been rather dry but I still have lots of dreams I remember and such. It has 24 entries at the moment. People do dream journals to practice remembering dreams, which helps you have the sudden insight that you're dreaming. After said insight, I usually do a reality check where I look at my hands. Do they look like a garbled mess? I'm dreaming. They look normal? Do a few other reality checks like pinching your nose and seeing if you can breathe. If they all check out, you're probably not dreaming, but it helps to check continuity. For example, ask things like How did I get here? retracting your day all the way back to when you woke up.

So... Yeah. This is my hobby that takes up nearly 0% of my time, since most of it happens when I'm asleep. :)

Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:33 am
happy carebear mom

Suppose I'll dump the one I had last night.

Remember Animorphs? Me neither, except for the concept that people could turn into animals.

The world was under attack by alien type things that had conquered tens of thousands of worlds (though these aliens were pretty damn slow about it, they only attacked one place on earth at a time). People could do that sort of animorphy business where they'd get merged with an animal and have special powers in animal mode, like this girl that turned into a giant squirrel girl and could jump and run really fast.

I was on the police force and was assigned to protect this tower made out of minecraft blocks that attempted to stick together, like they had invisible springs holding them together. Also I had a spacesuit that worked by sensing how far/where you extended your legs and shot out thrust from them in that direction and at that speed.
So when the alien I was fighting took over the tower and made it into a giant spaceship, I spun it around in a circle until it scrunched up like springs do, so that he couldn't take it anywhere. I think I was supposed to merge with a pikachu, as it was floating around in space, perfectly unharmed, but I never did, I just kinda hid it from alien dude. And then I went to a boring police party and ate some tortilla chips.

Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:00 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Uh, today I took a nap, I can't remember much of what I dreamt. I remember a girl on it though.
And he woke up before I did.

Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:06 am

Don't remember when I had this dream, but it's the only dream I can clearly remember. I remember having a dream in which people were standing on a tall, escher-esque metal tower with impossible angled supports. At the top, these people were playing 'beach volleyball' with a little girl. All the people looked very somber about the whole thing, but the ball seemed to be enjoying herself. The tower fell on me.

Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:16 am

I get attacked by 30 cm. exotic bugs which use mimicry and camouflage and when they manage to sneak on me I get so-panicked that I can't move. That's when I woke up.

Also I used to have a dream where one of legs is amputated or the lower half of my body is simply gone and I wait for an explanation on a hospital bed. That happened 5-6 times over 4-5 years after I graduated. One was so real that I had the urge to wake up and feel my legs to make sure they were there.

And before I did my military service I had a nightmare of getting shot in the head by an übermensch kind of military soldier after getting pinned down under debris, and dying and travelling to space to look at a world at war.

Sometimes I see cats talking, too. On spires in a crimson desert. While I try to save damsels in distress. ahhh my head hurts.

Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:46 am

One day I had a dream in which I was a ghost town and a horde of zombies and was coming toward me with iron gloves.
But luckily I was with a sword.
I did not know how to use the sword, so I just started Hitting them with it like a baseball bat
Then this was one of the best dreams of my entire life.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:09 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I dreamt about a dead world.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:05 am

So does no one else here lucid dream? D:

Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:07 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Well, once I had one.
I knew I was dreaming, but I couldn't control myself or make stuff appear out of the air.
But I knew I was dreaming!

Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:13 am

Oh, cool! :grin:

Most people never have a lucid dream on their own in their entire lives. DreamViewa helps with that!

I just had this crazy dream where I had Avatar (as in the cartoon show) powers and I was a water bender. I threw water needles at people and did fun stuff on missions and such. It was awesome. Unfortunately I don't remember enough to really form a coherent story so I'm not posting it to DreamViews.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:32 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I need to have more lucid dreams.
Dude, it would be epic to study while sleeping.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:22 pm

Problem with that scenario is since the world around you comes from your mind, what you study might not necessarily be correct. :P

Flying is more fun anyways. :wink:

Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:48 am

I dreamt I was wrestling Chie, we had luchador masks on.

I feel my relationship has deepened with Chie.

Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:37 pm

Awesomeness wrote:
So does no one else here lucid dream? D:

If a Lucid Dream is a good dream(like running in an infinite garden of roses lol), i don't remember if i had one...

Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 206 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next