View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Killing Floor 

Post Re: Killing Floor
It looks like the christmas zeds will bring some presents with them for us, this year!
http://steamcommunity.com/games/KillingFloor
It seems they're hinting these weapons will be added.
Sword
Benelli M4 Super 90 shotgun with flashlight
MP5 SMG
M16/AR15/M4/Variant/Similar rifle with a grenade launcher underneath
M16/AR15/M4/Variant/Similar rifle with an optic of some sort
Revolver of some sort, maybe a S&W 29
???

The sword is for Berserker, of course. Some European-y sword, not super long. It'll probably take its place between the axe and katana, maybe greater than the katana?
The new shotgun will fit nicely between the AA12 and pump in the Support's arsenal, being tube-mag-fed and semi auto. It'll be weird though, that thing's iconic of L4D, to me.
The optic'd rifle will probably be a Commando weapon. Maybe > or < the SCAR, or a near equal alternative. Optic is likely (hopefully) magnified.
The launcher'd rifle is certainly the Demo's, fitting between the M79 and M32. Basically like carrying a M79 and bullpup, I'd imagine.
The revolver, probably a Sharpshooter weapon, seems to not be a S&W500 of BFR or anything crazy huge, so it may be between the 9mm and handcannon in power, and slow. Or maybe unrealistically stronger than the HC.

From the above likely positions, it makes some sense to guess the following
The MP5 is probably a medic gun, with a dart launcher where the flashlight would regularly be. I'm guessing they'll make it superior to the MP7, since it'll likely be heavier.
That strange shape on the bottom right is likely some incendiary thing for firebugs. Maybe a backpack-tank flame thrower?

Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:24 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

It's M16 with GL, M4 with red dot.
Also MP5 has a red dot too.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:07 pm

the "strange" gun looks like a Striker to me.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:32 pm

At a glance, that was my guess too, Lizard, on them being a M4 and M16, but
--The top one is actually about the same length as the side one
--The side one isn't using the plainly shaped nonadjustable M16 stock
--The top one has a muzzle device that resembles neither
--They're also both significantly shorter than the Benelli
So I'm guessing they're both whatever AR15s dressed up to resemble M4s that the TWI modelers could get their hands on, with varied accessories for distinction between the two.
The top rifle's optic looks like it might be something long enough to be something magnified, so I'm still hoping for that. Long range rapid weak headshots sounds like loads of fun to me.

LordVonKain, do you mean the huge blob in the bottom right looks like that? If a striker is in there, it must be overlapping with something bigger, then.
But I don't see it, and I also doubt they would add two somewhat redundant shell-by-shell reloaded semi automatic shotguns while giving other perks only one new weapon.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:04 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Flash hider on optic gun.

As for size, they aren't on the same scale.
As for the stocks, might just be aftermarket stocks slapped on for tactial~ factor.
And no that's probably not a striker.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:58 pm

Yep, definitely a husk's cannon, slightly reworked for unmodified human hands, and given a new higher-quality model.
It probably works a little differently than the husk cannon, probably more powerful and less specimen-pushing.

Here's a remake of the image that someone did with the respective guns in place, although they have the top rifle wrong, and some accessories are off (shotgun lacks the light, mp5 lacks the red dot, the launcher/rifle just has iron sights)

Oh, and there's going to be a free to play weekend for Killing Floor, starting next Thursday. I seriously doubt that TWI won't be using these guns to lure in new customers/players, so I'm confidently guessing the update with these guns will come on Thursday.

Just one panel left, and both rifles seem to be M4s or M4 lookalike AR15s.

Last panel was also revealed, the shotgun will have a tiny little red dot sight, like the ones that are sometimes mounted on the slides of pistols.

Last edited by Azukki on Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:35 pm

New weapons look sicknasty
Can't wait for Christmas update and new weapons

my favorite christmas present of all

Last edited by Sothe on Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:44 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Yeah from the handguards it looks like they are both M4s.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:47 pm

And here's the full reveal.
http://www.killingfloorthegame.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMXDCuAU0hk
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/1378/16012470.png

-Revolver is dual wieldable, Dual Revolvers weigh 4, presumably so does a single, capacity of 6 rounds per revolver, holds at least 90 rounds, penetrates through at least 1 zed, uses speed loaders for quick reloading, is 44 magnum
-MP5M weighs only 3, fires healing darts with altfire, holds 51 rounds at level 3 medic, (so that's 32 rounds off-perk, and 64 rounds at level 6) has a pretty sweet reloading animation, and is fully automatic
-Claymore appears to weigh 5 blocks, basically a slower stronger Katana.
-M4's sight is not magnified, and it has a offperk capacity of 24 (that's 30 at level 6)
-Combat shotgun hold 6 rounds despite having the 4 round tube mag shown, weighs 8 blocks, fires pretty quickly (zips mostly fired slowly in the vid, but did a couple quick double taps), holds at least 42 rounds, seems to have a tighter spread than the pump
-Husks aren't totally immune to the fireball launcher
-Gingerfasts are still delicious
-New map, Ice Cave, seems to have new non-christmasy music.
-more Steampunk characters, including a DJ Skully Mike Nobel DJ Skully variant, in an optional skinpack DLC, probably $2

Edited, the guy who made the video corrected me and there are no burst-fire weapons.

Last edited by Azukki on Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:21 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

MP5 seems like it could be a decent sidearm for p much everyone.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:31 pm

Yeah, I'm really surprised they made it weigh only 3.

But it's more expensive than the MP7, and that thing is already absurdly expensive when you're not a Medic, so the MP5 must be like $5000 when bought off-perk.
I'm sure plenty of people will wind up tossing money at medics asking them to buy MP5s for them. Even if the base price were $9000, level 6 medics would be able to get them for a measly $270.

Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:40 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

It had to be or else it wouldn't really be useful.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:53 pm

If it weighed 4, a player could carry any other weapon except a LAW with it. If it weighed five they could still have a crossbow or anything lighter.

Also, the update is live. I'm sure most of you who would care to do so will have it downloaded and will have played a couple games before I'm halfway done downloading.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:53 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Ok just tried the MP5 and both the M4s. I love them. Mostly the MP5 and the M4GL though.
The fact that you get an AR and GL in one without using too many blocks is pretty neat.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:41 pm

Yeah, it's pretty cool.
As Commando, the regular M4 does have its draws, though. 200 more rounds in reserve, cheap, semi auto, and an optic.
But Commando also gets his perks applied to the M4 203, so that's a decent option for him too, if he can get the demo to buy him one at a discount.

Also, try to fire just one round using either M4 in full auto. You can't. The second round fires immediately after the first. Sort of like a AN94. (Which I based the lightning assault rifle in [SE] on)
Although this feature is a tad wasteful for the M4 203, it basically means you can only shoot 150 taps instead of potentially decapitating 300 trash zeds.

I haven't tried it a lot, but SCAR + MP5M + M4 203 is probably an awesome commando load out.

Last edited by Azukki on Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next