View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Anime Chat 

Post Re: Anime Chat
I just started watching Pandora Hearts tonight, good stuff. Anyone ever watched it?

Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:14 am

If none of you have noticed, I consider myself an otaku. Not that that's anything to be proud of, but I fit the description pretty well. Although... I'm not sure exactly to what degree of obsession you have to be at to be considered an otaku. I don't have any anime DVDs or products, really. Only, like, one Yui doll that I got from someone else. Meh. To change the topic, I hate the fact that I don't know the characters for most of the people's profile pictures... I only knew Lily because I played Cosmic Break. It was fun. I guess anime and Cortex Command don't mix too well, though. Judging by... About everything about this thread. Also, sorry to everyone who types in TL;DR in response to this post.
There. I hit the enter key. I have no idea what I typed in back there, so there might be repeats.
Good...
Mahou Shoujo Anime/Manga:
1. Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica (Anime)
2. Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha (Anime)
3. Sailor Moon (Half joke. Anime)
Okay. Too lazy to type up a list in that form. Here. My recommendations:
1. Mx0*
2. Nazo no Kanojo X (Mysterious Girlfriend X)*
3. Oto x Maho*
4. The World God Only Knows (Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai)
5. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu)
6. Kobato
7. Kamichama Karin
8. K-On!
9. Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu
10. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
11. Rosario to Vampire (Rosario + Vampire)
*Ecchi or too weird for many. Or both. Not sure about Mx0, though. It got labelled as ecchi, so I guess I'll take those people's word for it.
I could list down a lot more, but I held back because I wouldn't want to ruin my nonexistent image. Inexistant. Whatever. That was a joke. It probably would(n't) ruin my image and I have no image to ruin. Ah. There were a LOT more that I liked, but it's been years or months or weeks since I've last read or watched them. Maybe I'll just say... Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch! No. That was a joke. Seriously. Actually, It isn't too bad. I mainly watched it for the songs. Mainly the first one. Anime songs tend to get worse as the progress. Hoshina Utau is a good example. She's from Shugo Chara. There WAS one... Shinigami to Chocolate Parfait* that I read a while back. I don't really remember anything except that I didn't like the ending, it was labelled as ecchi when I thought it shouldn't have been... I think..., and it is abbreviated as Shini Choco. Yeah.
Also, yes. Chobits. Pantsu. I actually mainly remember that one part where Chii goes shopping and fails. It was epic. I don't really remember much else, though.
Yu Yu Hakusho. Meh. I got stuck on that demon tournament thing. Never got past it. Not really like.
I can't really comment on anything else... Also, yes, just for the fun of it, I HAVE in fact sent over-one-thousand-word emails. Well, Just one. My two other attempts stopped at 920 something and 957. The one I actually got past one-thousand was 1305. They were all about anime. Videogames, too. Lots of gibberish included. I hope this satisfies the people who respond with "TL;DR." Not that it would really do anything. Yup. Just because, I will say that I'm ending the message here because I'm a nice person like that.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:25 am
happy carebear mom

You may be surprised to learn that you are not the holder of the longest-wall-of-text award. Miles_T3hR4t holds that prestigious award.
Anime seems to get along with the people on DRL pretty well, if my IRC conversations are any indication, but they tend to be more mild partakers rather than voracious. One or two animes at most, a few more manga.
If you want to list more, just put it all into a spoiler tag. They're here to help people like you who have a lot to say condense their post down into something more manageable.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:47 am

I try to keep my list of watched animes to a minimum
distraction from list!
http://dagobah.net/flash/Raki.swf

Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:06 am
Profile YIM

Reading this whole thread was dreadful and I want to inflict pain on my weak points for massive damage because I just had to put myself through this.
Anyways. Watching Big O.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:55 am

kungfuchan13 wrote:

Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:25 pm
Profile WWW

Well, here you can see my finished anime and backlog.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Zezibesh
Maybe you'll find something interesting for yourself.

Out of shows, I obviously enjoyed Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (especially the second season) and Ghost in the Shell most. Neon Genesis Evangelion is also one of my all-time favorites but I don't think it deserves a much better score in the end. Out of more recent shows Steins;gate was incredible.
As for movies, Redline was constant eye-orgasm. No plot though.

kungfuchan13 wrote:
Right. There was still this. Just by looking at the Wikipedia page, I want to cry. It's... So... Weird... Sounding... Like... In EVERY single possible way this could be weird, the Wikipedia page makes it seem that way. If you didn't get that, I'll put it more simply: The Wikipedia page marked it as weird in every possible way. Hayate no Gotoku is probably the only anime that I can think of right now that can be described as weirder.

Why the hell are you using Wikipedia for finding info about shows? It'll spoil the ♥♥♥♥ out of you. Use myanimelist or something (the community is terrible but the info is good)

Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:49 am

Surpised no one mentioned Hellsing, or sengoku Basara.

i'm Varied a lot with the anime's i watch.

Hellsing
Sengoku Basara
Clanned
Hakouki(spellings)
samurai deeper kyo
rurouni Kenshin
fullmetal alchemist.
D.Gray man
Gantz
Gun X sword
zone of the enders Idorois (spelling)
Samurai 7
anything Ghibi made
Ninja scrolls
Basilisk
Stranger of the sword

Most likely a bunch of others as well that i can't be arsed thinking that i've seen.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:05 am

Princess Jellyfish
Spice and Wolf
Video Girl Ai

Mature anime romance all up in this ♥♥♥♥♥.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:10 am

Was watching princess Jelly, then Funimation got canceled

Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:02 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3