View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Can't do anything on my Mac 

Post Can't do anything on my Mac
I downloaded the latest version for Cortex Command for Mac. I'm running it on an iMac 27" with Snow Leopard. I start up the game and select a scenario and choose the Keyboard & mouse as the controls for Player 1. I start the scenario but the game doesn't accept any input from either the keyboard or the mouse.

What am I doing wrong?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:12 am
Profile WWW
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Can't do anything on my Mac
Did you configure the controls?

Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:11 pm

Of course.

It works partly if I use a dual-stick analog joypad.

But If I setup the keyboard+mouse and start the game the in-game hints say "use [ ] and [ ] to select previous or next body". Notice that 'q' and 'e' are not between the square brackets which is probably due to the game not recognizing my standard iMac bluetooth keyboard/mouse.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:30 pm
Profile WWW

i have a similar problem, im using a windows XP for the time being and when the game is done loading i cant do a thing. i can move the window when its loading but i cant after. it doesnt take keystrokes or any mouse commands or anything! i can tsip the intro or click the menu buttons. i cant even see the in game cursor, only my own over the screen. i remember reading that CC may have problems if in C: or C:\Program files (x86) but that was on my windws 7 computer. i moved it to C:\downloads and the sound for the game is off. itslaggy, for a term to describe it. what could be the problem? is the graphics for this computer just THAT BAD? i have 4 extra GB of ram put in from a flash drive(neat trick by the way).

Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:54 pm

Actually I fixed the problem. When you setup your input device it isn't enough to just select it, You have to go through and actually select which key/button does what. For example, going through the keyboard keys it shows 'w' as the recommended key for 'up'. Well just passing that to see the next key isn't enough. You have to actually PRESS the 'w' key and press all the other recommended keys (or of course press the keys you want to use instead).

Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]