View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 655 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
 Zombies '09 

Post Re: Zombies '09
Ladies and gentlemen, thanks to the lovely CaveCricket48, we have a replacement for the nonfunctioning Infect.lua script that may or may not have been making this mod occasionally unplayable in B27. Just place the new one in Zombies.rte/Scripts/Devices.

And hey, if you haven't been bothered by the now-defunct script, it's because you haven't been playing the mod (or just didn't share your own working script, at which point shut up) and I highly recommend it.

If there are any other problems besides the script, let me know; I have a working version, with three different Loadouts.ini files, no less, and I'm willing to share.

Attachments:
Infect.lua [2.15 KiB]
Downloaded 558 times
Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:09 am

My game crash when loading the Zombie Cave scene in Zombies.rte... Any suggestion?

EDIT:I deleted the line IncludeFile...Scenes.rte from Index.ini, now it is working, but there is a little thing... My fps drops from a mountain every time I shoot with a weapon from the mod. The zombies work fine... I thought they infect our units or something... do they?

Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:22 pm

Ah, yeah, I missed the fact that the weapon scripts do the CastMORay or whatever. ♥♥♥♥. Well, if someone wants to fix those up, I'm sure we'd all be appreciative. And yeah, with the script that CaveCricket patched up, the zombies will infect AHumans. Try launching a Green Gas Grenade at someone.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:17 pm

Yeah, infection works, but zombies clawing other people don't make them zombies. And sometimes, when I infect someone, they become zombies, but from their own team, not from my team.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:37 pm

Because sometimes people retain their individual will when their flesh rots. It's not perfect, dude, just enjoy it for the high quality mod it is. The flaws are really pretty minor.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:40 pm

Nocifer wrote:
Because sometimes people retain their individual will when their flesh rots. It's not perfect, dude, just enjoy it for the high quality mod it is. The flaws are really pretty minor.

I understand, i just hate clawing someone after a long gun fight and losing because he turned into another zombie. It would be better off without them turning into zombies instead of killing them twice.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:41 pm

Well, if it bothers you, you can replace Infect.lua with a blank document. (The alternative being that you find every reference to Infect.lua within the mod and delete it, which I'd rather not do myself.)

Frankly, it bothers me much more that the airburst scripts don't work anymore, but even then, it's easy enough to edit out the script and just have normal guns.

Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:09 pm

Re: Zombies '09
Getting this error in 1.0
Can someone please fix it? I love this mod

Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:06 am

We all know this is the best mod on this forum. I miss crobotech....

That bug is easily fixed go to that location the error talks about open the ini file and find the zombie thin "paragraph", delete it and Vwoala it works,easiest bug I've ever fixed.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:55 pm

Cybernetic wrote:

That bug is easily fixed go to that location the error talks about open the ini file and find the zombie thin "paragraph", delete it and Vwoala it works,easiest bug I've ever fixed.

Thanks a lot

Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:24 am

Cybernetic wrote:

Crobotech has been updated to be functional in 1.0, check the "unofficial mod updates" thread. Sallen and Painbringer have been working their way through older mods.

Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:35 am

When I play this in 1.0, every gun except the carbine and the deagle lags the game like hell. Same thing happens when any of the zombies spawn. Is there any way to fix this? I've never had any experience with modding or lua or whatever so I haven't got a clue what the problem is, or how to fix it.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:01 am

It was made a very long time ago and lots of its Lua is not compatible with V1.0.
So unless someone wants to re-write the code, it's kinda broken.
As far as I know Geti gave up modding CC, but I suppose you could still ask him.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:43 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

The changes that had to be done were really simple, because the functions that cast rays have an extra variable now.

I fixed it for personal use back on the second release of B27 and haven't tested it on 1.0, though I can't see why it wouldn't work.

EDIT:

The ♥♥♥♥?

Code:
The attachment’s file size is too large, the maximum upload size is 2 MB.
Please note this is set in php.ini and cannot be overridden.

Wasn't the limit 10MB or something?

I'll upload on dropbox, hold on a sec.

POST EDIT:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22211735/LOL/Zombies.rte.rar

If it doesn't work or spams errors, let me know.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:02 am

Thanks, it stopped lagging when I used those 3 rifle things, but using the shotgun and the gas grenade launcher still lags quite a bit. Same for when the zombies appear. It appears to lag more depending on how many zombies there are on the screen at once.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 655 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next