View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Cortex Command RTS 
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Cortex Command RTS

A mod which allows you control your troops in RTS style. Select, unselect and give orders using only a mouse, without direct control over units. You can also select all actors or set AI modes via pie-menu. To switch to RTS brain just press SPACE like in UL2.

Credits:
All credits go to TheLastBanana and his amazing Computer Brain 4200 mod!

Issues:
- Won't play nice with buy UI and craft targeting

BUILD 31 ONLY VERSION. NO NEED TO PLACE A SPECIAL BRAIN, JUST ENABLE GLOBAL SCRIPT IN MOD MANAGER
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1741337/CCRTS/CCRTS20_B31_V01.rte.zip

Last edited by weegee on Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:40 am, edited 7 times in total.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:50 pm

Post Re: Cortex Command RTS
Just tried this out.

You're like, a wizard or something, because gatdang weegee this is nice.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:01 pm

Sounds neato, I've always wanted some way to do control over a squad via drag-n-click :-)

Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:14 pm

WeeGee, I am impressive with your modding, but really... this is really stupid. I used all of my modded factions and... they all died to Coalition soldiers. Mere, stupid, dumb Coalition soldiers. Zealot guys getting kicked in the ass by simple Coalition guys. You could at least use modded AI, not the default CC AI, because CC AI makes my sniper guys fly around the battlefield and the shotgun guys stay in the towers trying to snipe the enemies. It really doesn't work well, man.
EDIT: Oh, and sometimes I just click in a tower that is in front of them, and they fly around it, not going inside it, and sometimes I try to tell them to go down, and they just stay flying to the left, then to the right, then to the left...

You make me want to hurt you over the internet.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:20 pm

Joseh, did you read the first line, "Just a simple, quick and dirty PoC mod which allows you control your troops in RTS style."
It makes no mention of changing the ai or anything like that so don't complain at weegee for it.
I should also add that writing ai isn't simple, rather it's the most complex set of lua scripts in vanilla CC by quite a large margin. Whether or not weegee'll rewrite it for this remains to be seen (though I'd be surprised since I doubt it'd be worth the amount of work necessary) but either way it's not a simple task and expecting it in a proof of concept is ridiculous.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:57 pm

Bad Boy wrote:
Joseh, did you read the first line, "Just a simple, quick and dirty PoC mod which allows you control your troops in RTS style."
It makes no mention of changing the ai or anything like that so don't complain at weegee for it.
I should also add that writing ai isn't simple, rather it's the most complex set of lua scripts in vanilla CC by quite a large margin. Whether or not weegee'll rewrite it for this remains to be seen (though I'd be surprised since I doubt it'd be worth the amount of work necessary) but either way it's not a simple task and expecting it in a proof of concept is ridiculous.

I wasn't complaining, neither saying that his had an AI change. I was making a suggestion, and that suggestion was about an AI. Well, anyway, I guess this mod isn't going to be very funny and useful for me :/

Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:49 pm

Joseh123 wrote:
I wasn't complaining [...]

You weren't? Lets read your posts again...

Joseh123 wrote:
[...] this is really stupid. [...] You could at least use modded AI, [...] It really doesn't work well, man.

Joseh123 wrote:
I wasn't complaining, [...] Well, anyway, I guess this mod isn't going to be very funny and useful for me :/

I'm pretty sure that counts as complaining.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:36 pm
A HUMAN BRAIN, SAFELY INSULATED FROM THE TERRORS OF HYPERSPACE

Location: Somewhere beyond the endless sea of hyperspace, fighting for your right to call a planet home.
Weegee you must think in lua snippets, you're just so fast pumping these things out.

Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:58 am

Yeah, after actually testing it out, this is pretty awesome. It's got a few scenewrapping problems but otherwise it works like a charm. And there are so many ways it could be expanded on too. Would you mind me using it sometime in future (with credit given obviously)? It'd be easier and cleaner than if I were to rewrite this myself :D

Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:07 am

Joseh123 wrote:
blah blah blah shut uuuuuuup

You make me want to hurt you over the internet.

I LOVE YOU.

I LOVE YOU TOO, WEEGEE

Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:28 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Thank you all. Just made it because every once in a while someone asks about it or mentions it or dreams about it. Now you can look at it in flesh :) And compared to UL2 it was quite simple. You can use and reuse code or whole mod in any imaginable and unimaginable way :twisted:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:16 am

I feel guilty :(
And... I am sorry for what I said, can someone come here and beat me up? It's just that I was angry at that time... I had a fight here in real life... but that's off-topic... I really want to say that this mod must have been a lot of work, and I am very impressed, and you should really keep up your work, weegee. You are a very good modder, and I didn't want to spend all my anger in your topic. Sorry :-(
I am really wanting that someone comes at me and beat the ♥♥♥♥ up on me. :oops:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:41 pm
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

No need to blame yourself that hard, Joseh123, it just took two hous to make it :grin:

Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:38 pm

Well... I guess this is pretty funny mod. Tested it out, nothing bad.
But I must say one thingy, little itsy-bitsy teensy-weensy thingy.
YOU MUST CREATE ANOTHER INSANE MAP USING THIS MOD, WEEGEE, PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE!

Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:48 pm

weegee wrote:
No need to blame yourself that hard, Joseh123, it just took two hous to make it :grin:

WeeGee, I am so impressed that you never called someone an idiot or something. You just don't get angry! Are you a great-mod-making-robot or something?

Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next