View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 I'm fixing your wiki. Check me. 
Loose Canon

Post Re: I'm fixing your wiki. Check me.
Wait.
So.
You completely tore apart the Offsets article, the one that's been used and edited for correctness by knowledgeable modders for years AND confirmed by a dev team member, based on your own personal "experiments". And you've determined through these "experiments", that the knowledge of the modders has been wrong all along.
I'm sorry but, What.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:54 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: I'm fixing your wiki. Check me.
Precisely, though I can't say any presumptive attitude or intent to insult was part of it. I stand on evidence. But CrazyMLC makes a good point that how you think about what is moving gives a different perspective.
Mine was a perspective on what numerical values to enter behind "X = " and "Y = ". With _____Offset values set to positive values in X and Y, sprites, muzzles, everything I tested it moved rightward and downward to the "southeast" quadrant. In terms of values to enter, if positive-X was leftward and positive-Y upward, things would have moved to the northwest quadrant.
Taken from the other perspective, you have to add a step of negating values before entering them into the .ini files in order to place them where they're wanted on the screen, which is one more step than the perspective I took requires. So actually I admit it is not wrong; it just requires negating your values before entering them and all is well.

Also, the original Offset Tutorials page (which actually there had been some disagreement over by older members of the community in the two edits before mine) is still there, untorn. I wrote what I wrote from scratch, based on-- yes-- experiments.

Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2