View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
 [SoRtD] Adventures of the Ulysses, Pt. 1 

Post Re: [SoRtD] Adventures of the Ulysses, Pt. 1
Send lift back to surface, then return to the cards.

"So who wants to play spoons?"

Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:43 pm

"What the heck is spoons? How do I play?"

Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:04 pm

"Oh, it's a rather violent game... and quite entertaining to boot."

Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:43 pm

"Uh. Do we even have any spoons? Or utensils of any kind? It will be more than slightly difficult to play without them."

Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:11 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"We could use our combat knives."

Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:55 am
Profile WWW

Miggles wrote:
"We could use our combat knives."

"I like the way you think."

Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:55 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

" I don't. It tends to ♥♥♥♥ me over once in a while. "

Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:11 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: [SoRtD: Space] Adventures of the Ulysses, Pt. 1
Saber Squad

The handover, surprisingly, is without incident. Delta Lead quietly confides in you that the enemy recon team was confirmed killed, taken out by one of the previously MIA infantry squads.

Hiking back to the starport is something of a chore, but when you get there, it's starting to resemble its former self once again. The Marines have settled in nicely, and one of the heavy dropshuttles is waiting for you, along with the Captain on a vidscreen.

----------------

Back of the Transport

Ulysses Captain » "Well if it isn't our little band of heroes. Normally we'd send the Deltas, but they've been pretty shaken up since their squadship went down hard and their pilot almost bled out from shrapnel injuries to his legs, so we don't want them pulling any stupid revenge stunts. Alright, I'll make this quick. Intel?"

Intel » "Long story short is that the FTL CommSat detected an unknown ship on the far side of the planet's moon. We spotted it because it was in the process of launching another one of those drop spheres, which is going to be running into a trio of VLS missiles in about half an hour. We don't have a positive ID on the owner or the exact class of ship, so at the moment we can't offer any proper information on what you might be up against. All I can tell you is that it'll probably have artificial gravity, but no atmosphere. That means limited operational time."

Ulysses Captain » "Your job is simple. Your dropshuttle will take you up there, and you're going to board it. Once aboard, do as much damage to critical systems as you can as quickly as possible, then exfil."

Intel » "Unfortunately, they may have realized we spotted them. Once they notice you're aboard they're probably going to scramble to launch all of the remaining troop spheres, probably either at the Ulysses itself, or at the starport. There should be ways to prevent that, but I won't be able to tell you what they are until you're inside it."

Ulysses Captain » "We're issuing you suits of Heavy Body Armour*; the air supply will be good for three hours once you're aboard. Your CO will have a single D-Charge†, the rest of you are each getting a Tactical Charge‡. Yeah, we're breaking out the big guns for this one. See your personal terminals for rearming options. Once you're ready, suit up and hit the all-clear signal on your terminal."

Intel » "Remember, you're going to be fighting many armoured robots in relatively close quarters, but also expect hangar and storage areas. Be flexible, and ensure you have plenty of firepower at your disposal. I realise this may be a little difficult for you to understand as concepts go, but spraying gunfire in the general direction of anything that moves isn't the optimal battle plan in the kind of situation you're going to be in."

Ulysses Captain » "You heard the man. Now ready up, suit up, and hang on."

----------------

* Heavy Body Armour: Heavier and bulkier than standard MBA, but offers much better protection and a longer-lasting air supply. Not quite as good as what the Spartan team has, though.
† Disintegrator-Charge: Extremely rare, uses classified artefact technology. Completely and utterly disintegrates everything within a wide radius upon 'detonation'. D-Charges! Because tacnukes are for boring people.
‡ Tactical Charge: A shaped explosive charge designed to blow open walls, flatten doors, crack open tanks, or take out structural supports. Arm and stand well back.

----------------

Sidearms:

Assault Weapons (any class can use these):

Tech Weapons: (Techs only)

Support Weapons: (Supports only)

Grenades: (pick 4; if taking a Hydra, specify which grenades you'd like in canister format unless you want a random/average selection)

K77 Modules:

Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:21 pm
Profile YIM
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

"Sounds almost like a infilitration mission."

Do we pick what we want or...?

EDIT : Alright, so we do pick gear.

Heavy Pistol, X1A BFR, 4x Shock Pulsar.

Last edited by caekdaemon on Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:16 pm
Profile WWW

I'm pretty sure we pick.

Get a Heavy Pistol, X1A BFR, two Shock Pulsers, a Cryo Pulser, and a Frag Grenade.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:03 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Heavy pistol, Hydra; Cryo, Shock, Smoke, and Frag grenades all in canister form.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:38 pm
Profile WWW

Marine pistol; VSX ALR; 2 HE, one Cryo, one Shock Pulser Grenade.

Do I technically need to breath?
I am a robot.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:20 pm

caekdaemon wrote:
Do we pick what we want or...?

Si. One primary from either the Assault pool (or Tech/Support pools if you're a Tech/Support), one sidearm, and 4 grenades - or 6 grenade canisters if you take the Hydra.

--------------------

Izen wrote:
Do I technically need to breath?
I am a robot.

Technically speaking? Probably not. But overheating is probably more of a hazard in those heavy suits, and cooling is trickier when all you can do is conduct and radiate.

Besides, not even CD is badass enough to take on a ship full of angry robots by himself. :P

Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:44 pm
Profile YIM

Take V8 DMR, Marine Pistol, two Cryo Pulsar Grenades, one Shock Pulsar Grenade, and one Smoke Grenade.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:22 pm

Take Heavy Pistol, Assault Shotgun ("I'll miss you, baby."), 2x Shock Pulser, 1x Cryo Pulser, 1x Smoke.

Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next