View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Dark Souls 

Post Re: Dark Souls
ryanbob1 wrote:
barely a difference other than pvp arenas.

Mods will change everything, even fix the framerates, many mods for other games do this quite well.[/quote]
I seriously doubt they would release modding tools for darksouls. The idea of releasing modding tools for an online rpg game is rather retarded as ♥♥♥♥, pvp would be ♥♥♥♥ almost.
So you should try putting your hopes into something else, it would be cool though, i'd have to buy the pc version if they somehow decided to allow mods.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:24 am
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Lack of modding tools never stopped anyone.

PC gamers will tear it apart in the seams and put it back together in the way it suits them, provided it's an important enough game, like GTA or some ♥♥♥♥ like that.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:28 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Lizardheim wrote:

PC gamers will tear it apart in the seams and put it back together in the way it suits them, provided it's an important enough game, like GTA or some ♥♥♥♥ like that.

Like Just Cause 2 and multiplayer. Or myself and Mass Effect 3.

That was fun :grin:

Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:56 am
Profile WWW

Lizardheim wrote:

I hardly think that they would allow players to pvp with modded weapons, i guarantee it, the player is always connected to other players, it would be like modding multiplayer. I'm sure they'll stop that.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:54 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

ryanbob1 wrote:
I'm sure they'll stop that.

They'll try.

But that's the dark side of modding. The light side is better graphics through texture packs and enhanced shader's. Or act like unofficial patches.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:09 am
Profile WWW
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

You mean downright cheats? There's even more of those :P

Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:42 pm

I currently own the ps3 version of the game and i've been a fan since demon souls. The xbox users are completely ♥♥♥♥ with all the hackers and ♥♥♥♥ like that so i pity PC users if they have the same issue..

Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:16 pm

I have owned the Xbox version since it came out (Preordered). The only thing that would qualify as cheating that I have seen was the Dragon Stone infinite soul glitch, and those that abused it had their characters deleted. Other than that, there have been no hacks or cheats.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:28 pm

Harzipan wrote:
and those that abused it had their characters deleted.

My guy still seems to be here.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:52 pm

Harzipan wrote:
I have owned the Xbox version since it came out (Preordered). The only thing that would qualify as cheating that I have seen was the Dragon Stone infinite soul glitch, and those that abused it had their characters deleted. Other than that, there have been no hacks or cheats.

Seriously? My first character did that and i have yet to have it deleted, on the xbox i have fought way too many infinite health hackers.

Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:53 pm

Two more hours.

Already preloading :grin:

Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:46 pm

Have fun.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:51 pm

All right, first report back for you guys.

Well, they kept their word about porting not going well. Although, Terrible would have been a good word to use there.

Ill start off with the controls. You can't assign mouse controls so I assume mouse controls are hardcoded, I may be wrong with this though. But you can change anything on the keyboard.

No Camera movement smoothing, moving the mouse fast or slow will result in the same camera rotation/movement speed, thank god for locking on.

WASD movement, E is items, Q is action, blah blah blah.

Graphics wise everything seems ok, still looks just like the game. Not very many options are given though. Quality options are only Anti-alliasing and Motion Blur while the Display options are resolution, frequency, and fullscreen. Resolution seems to be missing 1360x768 and 1366x768 though. There's separate 16bit and 32bit resolution choices. Theres still a good chunk of missing Resolutions

Mouse cursor isn't hidden and makes it disturbingly distracting.

It's sad they didn't bother to add in PC GUI elements though, you still get to see "Press A to pick up" and "Use Rotational stick to rotate the camera".

Not much else I can find about the game yet, as I'm only at the Taurus demon so far. But all in all, I still think it's pretty cool that I get to play my favourite RPG on my PC, and it kinda makes you not pay attention towards how horribly ported this is. It's not too painful to play and who knows, maybe someone out there will create a handy dandy fix for everything, or a godsent update will come out. Gameplay feels slightly injured but it felt very worth it to have this for PC.

I'll report back when/if I find anything retardedly lacking in common sense.

EDIT: Parrying oddly seems to be 1000x easier.

EDIT2: Oh lord there is hope.

EDIT3: Blight town is now Slo-mo town.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:34 am

So is this worth getting for PC now, or should I wait for sales and patches?

Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:36 am

I guess it all depends on opinion. To me it feels very playable, the only thing that bugs me is the camera movement and inability to assign controls to the mouse. But like I said, those are the only things that bug me, there's probably some other things that bother people more.

If you're like me and enjoy the game enough to ignore the bad porting then go ahead, it's awesome to be able to play it on the computer, even if it feels like the port was a bit rushed.

But if things like this catch your attention too much and you get frustrated with the result then I wouldn't bother and just wait till the game is more PC friendly.

Someone has already made a resolution fix in the first 23 mins of the game being released so I can definitely see a fix coming for all of this.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next