View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 733 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next
 Sprite Help Thread 

Post Re: Sprite Help Thread
It just occurred to me that i might have to keep the outlines fairly dark. The lizards are almost the same shade of blue as the sky. Unless in a bunker they might look awful. I will play around with this and see what happens. Now I think I remember why I made the outline so dark. Would darker shades of blue look better on them?

Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:49 am

I tried playing around with the head. In my experience, when doing cortex command style shading, you should do it like an impressionist, using another nuance for the shadows. There aren't many good colour transitions in the palette from blue though I tried my best. I also added a bit more shape to the forehead as it kinda looked bland in my opinion.

The one on the left uses green shadows, which seems to be the most common shadow colour and the middle one uses a purple'ish shadow, just as an experiment, the right one is the original of yours :)

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:00 am

Ok I played around with it. I think it looks ok, the lighter outlines (Coops) made it look a little better. Made the eye smaller and used akblabla's red

Also included what I think is all of the Blues that CC has to offer. In order form darkest to lightest.

I also have black to white and will soon have Green and Red if anyone wants them. Doing this cause the pallete is a mixed up mess imo.

The old head was sprited when I only had a transition of about 8 shades of blue.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:55 am

I changed some of my earlier sprites to have simpler shading.
Pistol ^

SMG^

Auto Shotgun^

Assault Rifle ^

Upgraded Assault Rifle ^

Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:09 am

I have this big problem :-( I created a sprayer the sprayer is normal but there it this white background on the Sprayer Mag it inverts the colour and gives it this white background. I gave it a pink background from other mods :cry: .Can you help me and tell me how to fix this please :P

Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:53 am

I have the same problem and I'm using the correct palette. It happens to any sprite I edit.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:02 am

http://forums.datarealms.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12442

*sigh* You guys seriously need to look a little harder before posting. Luckily for you the forum has matured a little. People used to get flamed and trolled for this sort of laziness.

In case you two are still too lazy to use your thinkermajigies and actually figure it out, I will explain it so pay attention because this is probably the ONLY time anyone will do something other than ignore you.

1: Your sprites are not in the CC Pallet. That is why you get funky inverted colors or weird backgrounds.

2: Simply using the colors from pallet.bmp is not enough.

3: Assuming you guys use MS Paint (I bet without even a hint of doubt you do) You need to copy your sprite, Paste it INTO pallet.bmp, then select SAVE AS. Make sure your saving as a .bmp, I use the 256 color one. Name it, select a save location and BAM your done and it should work. The only reason this wont work is if you are using Windows 7 paint as it messes up anything that's not in it's own pallet, in which case I would recommend downgrading to a previous paint or using another program.

You're welcome now please do at least a little research in the future before posting the same problem in 2 threads.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:44 pm

Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:17 am

They look great, but very flimsy. Especially the assembled assault rifle.

Maybe try and make things look more solid and connected with less stray pixels and more pixel clusters.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:32 am

Hi everyone :D
So I'm here cause I need help with sprites...
My problem is that CC can't find my sprites, though I've put the right path (I can use another sprite from a mod or from the vanilla edition that I've put in the folder I've specified, but I can't use my own sprites). It crashes and says something like that: "Could not find Cortex Command/Splitfire.rte/Splitfire/splitfire.bmp"
For info, I use Gimp 2.6.x and the cortex command palette :/
I dunno why it's not working...
Thanks for helping :)

Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:11 pm

Need help with robot spirits:

Attachments:
Robo.bmp [11.52 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:53 am

The only thing I spot wrong is the Contrast on a couple things.

Not enough contrast around the eye(s) to define them as an eye. The one above the bottom left looks okay though, same with the one on the right of the bottom left.

The knee caps on your legs, I'm not sure if it's meant as something else but to me it looks like you tried to make it look like light
was shinning off of it and just looks too unrealistic and clashes too much with wherever else.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:11 pm

I've made some sort of AK, and I was wondering if you guys could give me some pointers?

Attachments:
File comment: Uploader thinks the .bmp is 484769435739 pixels high.
Screen shot 2012-10-11 at 9.42.28 PM.png [6.59 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:10 pm

Hey ya'll. Just this week I downloaded CC and am taking the first leap into modding. I am a terrible artist and even worse "sprite-er," but I want to give it a try anyway. I've been reading up on the tutorials and your helpful posts and was wondering if you could give me some critiques on this gun? It's a S&W 500-4 and I was using online images as a guide. I think it's pretty good (relaltively speaking). But the more I look at it, the more I think it looks like Mickey Mouse (i.e. the rear site and hammer). Would anyone mind altering/improving it or at least give me some feedback?
PS I hope I saved it as the correct .bmp, I chose the 24 bit one that MS Paint was offering

EDIT: So I worked on it a little more and think this appears a little better. For some reason though, whenever the actor turns to the Left side of the screen, the gun becomes invisible.

Attachments:
DE.bmp [408 Bytes]
Not downloaded yet
Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:43 pm

Guys I need help, my spriting is atrocious, and I need help bad...
[img][IMG]http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee398/painbringer1998/RifleSniperA000_zps1a5df7cc.png[/img][/img]

Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 733 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49  Next