View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Never-ending Heroes 

Post Never-ending Heroes
Guess who's back.
Back again.
etc
ME! Don't you love me? No? Fine. Game on then.

Here's the game rules:

Here's the blurb:
For years, millennia, aeons, Hero has fought Villain. The Gods may have been the first but by no means the last.
Now just yesterday, Komrade Kurt and Hipshot battled it out ... and Hipshot died.
*gasp*
Not Hipshot! No! He can't die! Who will save the world from Komrade Kurt and his Krouts now?!

A new Hero must step up to keep the peace.

The following night, Mayor Martin of Gurpsville holds a town meeting outside of the Town Hall in a fleeting moment of peace. His pudgy sides wobble as he yells out to the crowd:
"People of Gurpsville! Stay calm, please! We will prevail as we always have! A Hero will come to our aid!"

You, just you and no sidekick, take this cue to step forward under a lamppost and show yourself to the crowd.
Everyone stops talking as they see you. Whispers travel throughout the mass of people.

You announce yourself as :

(First in, first served! Let's go people! Who's my Hero and where's my Komrade Kurt player?)

Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:57 pm

Post Re: Never-ending Heroes
Here's a list of super powers: http://www.superpowerlist.com/

Here's the PUBLIC character sheet, fill it out and post it.

Here's the PRIVATE character sheet, fill it out and PM it to me:

I know most of you guys are pretty good. Don't choose anything overpowered or I will be forced to give you a cruddy weakness.

Ranks are as follows:
Heroes: Newbie, Protector, Good Guy, Peace Keeper, Legend, Myth, God
Villains: Naughty, Dangerous, Bad Guy, Evil Genius, Tyrant, Dictator, Worldtaker

Victory list:
Komrade Kurt killed Hipshot
Komrade Kurt killed Ender

And here is the Waiting List:

PlayerCharacterSuperpowerMinor PowerWeapon/sNemesisRankStatus
CrazyMLCKomrade KurtPersonal Infinite ArmyGas ImmunityPKM-74 LMGScramboTyrantAlive
TorrentHKUEnderInertia ManipulationSpacial PerceptionNo starting weaponsKomrade KurtNewbieDead
caekdaemonJohn ScramboAccuracyMcGyvering weaponsFN MinimiKomrade KurtNewbieAlive
Waiting:
HuntsmanHealer of TimeShort Time SightPerfect AccuracyTwin Golden Desert EaglesN/ANewbieAlive
The ChairmanExtendo-ManLimb ElasticityTrajectory PredictionNo starting weaponsN/ANewbieAlive

Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:01 pm

Hero name: Healer of Time.
Superpower: Can see in the future a few seconds ahead of time (this could work if i post after the villain posts)
Minor power: Deadly accurate with a pistol, seems to be able to put a bullet wherever he wants, even while doing a barrel roll
Description/Appearance: Black trench coat with a white lining, two pistols engraved with strange markings as well as having an exquisite golden pocket watch hanging around his neck
History: was not always powerful but there was a time where he was slow and weak therefore not being able to do anything about the few seconds he saw in the future. But after maturing and being strangely athletic he put his skill with foresight to good use.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:27 pm

Hero name: Extendo-Man
Superpower: Can alter the length and elasticity of his limbs however he likes.
Minor power: Able to predict the trajectory of any thrown object, more or less.
Description/Appearance: Blue spandex suit, stretches with his limbs. Always wears sunglasses.
History: Everybody disliked him because of his power, so he became a superhero hoping he'd be accepted then.

Last edited by The Chairman on Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:03 pm
Loose Canon

Hero name: Ender
Superpower: Can control the velocity of objects. Increase, decrease, and change.
Minor power: Is "aware" of his surroundings in every direction. Can't see everywhere, but has a general feeling for what is where.
Description/Appearance: Completely black business suit, simple teardrop shaped white mask over face.
History: Fell into a vat of chemicals or cosmic radiation from space or a magical bat flew out of a cave and traumatized him and then bit him and gave him powers, who cares about that, nobody knows. All anyone really knows is that Ender appeared one day, and has punished evil ever since.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:13 pm
Profile WWW

Hero name: Digi
    Superpower: Can turn physical data into digital data, as well as digital data into physical data. This means he could travel through phone lines, digitize mooks, and even bring characters from movies of video games to life. The possibilities are extensive.
    Minor power: Digi can merge two beings by mixing their binary code.
    Description/Appearance: He wears a green skin-tight superhero suit, covered in small, grey, repeating 1's and 0's which help to reinforce the suit. The suit itself has the ability to store data.

Once defeated a great villain by bringing him into the game Slender. When the villain came out of the game, he just wasn't the same.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:02 pm
Profile WWW

Alright so I guess I have to make up more Villains, unless two of you want to be bad guys?

Either that or I put two of you on a waiting list and Huntsman goes first against Chairman.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:44 am

I can be a villain if it's holding up the show.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:03 pm
Profile WWW

It is indeed holding up the show. First person to post back gets to be their Hero then.

The plan was, if it wasn't clear, for two people to play against each other.
One was the Hero, the other the Villain.
Eventually one would kill the other and we would cycle through the player list.

But I'm flexible. Things can change.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:50 pm
Loose Canon

Meee.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:18 am
Profile WWW

Hero wrote:
"I am Ender. I am your Hero." The Man subconsciously brushes dust from his lapel.
The crowd goes absolutely dead silent at the announcement. There is a slight feedback from the Mayor's microphone.

"Komrade Kurt serves no good to this world. By my hand, he will be crushed." Ender clenches his fist in emphasis and the street lamp overhead shatters.

The crowd begins to whisper again softly. Ender, with his pale mask barely visible in the darkness, is now nowhere to be seen.

Villain wrote:
Komrade Kurt, in his military greens, stood behind a pedestal in front of his 'minions', his so-called Krouts, somewhere in Alaska.
"Smirno! My men, my soldiers, we have been victorious!"
The mass of soldiers cheer.
"Slushayte! But our war is not over! There is a new Hero now, some freak in a suit, trying to break our hold on the world! No! He will not win! We will show him how the Russians should rule the world!"
The soldiers cheer again.
"K oruzhiyu! We attack tonight!"
The soldiers cheer one final time and even some shots are fired. All two hundred of them troop out to gather weapons and vehicles.

(Russian: Attention!; Listen up!; To arms!; )

PlayerCharacterSuperpowerMinor PowerWeapon/sNemesisRank
CrazyMLCKomrade KurtN/AGas ImmunityPKM-74 LMGHipshot, EnderTyrant
TorrentHKUEnderInertia ManipulationMechanical Energy Perception N/A Komrade KurtGood Guy

Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:31 pm

"Tak zhe, kak staryye dobryye vremena Stalina!"

> Grabezhami i terroriziruyut ! Yaaaaah!

Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:37 pm
Profile WWW

So I have no clue what you said there MLC. And Google won't help.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:10 am
Loose Canon

> Find the Komrade's evil base? Dunno what I'm supposed to be doing.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:18 am
Profile WWW

Be the Hero! Do the good deeds! Or whatever.

Hero wrote:
Being the bad guy, everybody knows where his 'Secret Base' is - they're just too scared to do anything about it. But you, you're the Hero. You can do something about it!
So you pull a hubcab from a nearby car and use it as to surfboard northward out of Gurpsville.
Just outside of the town is a one-sided steep hill with a large, old castle on top. Tanks and cars and everything military surround and populate the walls. You can see men are beginning to take up arms and get in their vehicles. There is a lot of excited chatter.
On the tallest tower is a helipad and helicopter. It's rotors begin to turn and a lone figure steps up from a staircase.

Villain wrote:
As most of the Krouts leave the hall, you take the ladder behind and staircase up to the tallest tower in the castle where your Helicopter awaits. You check your PKM-74 as you climb and subconsciously finger your pistol in its holster.
The helicopter waiting at the top already has its rotor spinning as you exit the sunken staircase. Your men are already gearing up and moving out to attack the town of Gurpsville.

They won't know what hit them! Well ... they will, that's part of the plan. But y'know. KILLING AND PLUNDERING

Dice rolls happen after this roll.

PlayerCharacterSuperpowerMinor PowerWeapon/sNemesisRank
CrazyMLCKomrade KurtN/AGas ImmunityPKM-74 LMGHipshot, EnderTyrant
TorrentHKUEnderInertia ManipulationMechanical Energy PerceptionSteel HubcapKomrade KurtNewbie

Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:18 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next