View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Cortex command 1.0 Bug Reports (OP updated 30.09) 
DRL Developer
DRL Developer

Post Cortex command 1.0 Bug Reports (OP updated 30.09)
For sake of easy, all in one place reading, please report your 1.0 release bugs here. If you can provide video, pictures, or easy replication methods, that would also be great.

Extract from Data's Todo list, please read before posting:

Again, please don't make seperate topics for your bug reports, keep them in this topic.

Last edited by Lizardheim on Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:39 pm

Post Re: Cortex command 1.0 Bug Reports
Campaigns not ending due to me still having brains left after conquering all sites.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:48 pm

Is Steam's overlay UI not implemented, or not working?

Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:05 pm

It's still doing that thing where you can't select an actor if you won a mission playing as it.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:32 pm

Asatruer wrote:
Is Steam's overlay UI not implemented, or not working?

I'm having this problem as well.

This means that i can't take screenshots in Steam and show the game off to my 'Steam-friends' who havn't heard about the game yet!
With the latest redesign of the Steam App there is now a central page where you and your friends share pics of games that we are playing and it's actually grown to be a feature i really like, so i was looking forward to be the first to post pics of CC.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:51 pm

Grenades still randomly blow up in your face.

One of my sites was auto-capped, even though it was heavily defended I was not given an option to defend it.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:58 pm

I don't know if this is a bug or intended but i'm playing the tutorial and when i use the jetpack and hit my robot off the wall it will stick onto the wall or ledge instead of bumping off of it or sliding down the wall.

Is it supposed to be like this? It happens right at the beginning of the tutorial !
It's as if the robot has something invisible sticking out that catches on to the wall to stop it falling back down when i try to use the jetpack on that long tall part of the bunker with the exit at the top.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:00 pm
happy carebear mom

It's the engine being silly. Don't worry too much about it, you'll get used to it doing that.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:04 pm

Some resolutions gives me black bars at the top and bottom of the screen, which just replicates other things going on.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:27 pm

Attempting to enter full screen mode crashes the game. Happens using both the options screen button and alt-return. I have also tried using several resolutions.
This also happened in the previous build. A problem report pops up on crashing, but it's rather long. I can provide it if needed.

Retina Macbook Pro
Mac OS 10.8.2
2.7 GHz i7
16 GB RAM

Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:54 pm

AI Bugs/exploits in campaign.

The AI Always deploy their brain in the same spot on the map, every time, without even surveying. It seems to be 1/2 the way around the map, mirroring your deploy spot. It's all well and good when you both try to take an empty map, but when they're attacking a map that you hold, you can place a single anti-air drone on that spot as your 'base' and shoot them down and crush their brain during deployment. the AI should be able to compensate for this somehow, by not deploying in the same spot, which may require scanning first.

also, a 2nd bug, the AI has a habit of allocating more funds to base development, then attacking with so few funds that they start in the negative, and have to dig for gold to get anything other than their brain and anti-air, and then when you beat them, they have negative gold at the end of the mission on the over-view thingey.

Additionally gold-dig AI doesn't really work. I've had things switch to scanners and try to dig with scanners, but then just stand around aiming diggers. I think something is just coded to the wrong thing... or something.

Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:13 pm

Running at 720p or 1366x768 (my laptops max res) has an unfortunate side effect on the campaign map.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2zhjgqg.png

Short of it is, I can't see the whole thing, so when a drop zone spawns in the high north or low south, I can't do anything about it. Hopefully I'm just overlooking something.

Aside, 1.0 feels amazing so far, Thanks!

Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:50 am

When brain liquidated in the campaign map, the -1 appears to denote reduction, but the displayed count does not change.

On a related note it would be nice to know how many brains have been lost, as opposed to just how many are left. Maybe the tooltip could show "6 brains remaining, 2 lost, 2 deployed" or something similar.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:36 am

Brain body randomly dies leading to an easy takeover by the CPU.

This also happens if I have the brain body gold dig either through AI or manually.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:38 am

So this is the resolution problem i have:

Is there any quick way to solve this? I've playded with settings.ini for 1/2 an hour, and the planet is just to big, no matter the resolutions I have tried.
Also, does OS X build support fullscreen mode? 'couse i can swear, that i have played CC on fullscreen few years ago...

P.S. sorry for posting this second time. Havent noticed ths thread before.

Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 127 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next