View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
 Cortex Command: Reloaded v. 1.25 OPEN SOURCE 

Post Re: Cortex Command: Reloaded v. 1.25 (City Battles!)
xenoargh wrote:
Quote:
Those errors occur because this is a mod for B27, and files have moved around since B27. You can potentially fix the error yourself by finding where in the mod it asks for that sound file, and change it to where the sound now lives (likely still in coalition.rte), but you would have to do that yourself or ask someone else to fix it for you.
I really appreciate the attempt to help these guys, but the issue requires Data's attention; there is an engine bug that is preventing the mod from operating, even when all of the files that needed to be ported were moved and the INI issues were fixed.

In short, it's not just a few missing files or bad INI references, so far as I can determine; something pretty fundamental is borked, and I'm not getting any feedback from the engine about what to fix, so I'm stuck.

That's what I was afraid of. I've seen that happen in the past. Oh well, the waiting game begins!

Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:13 am

Got two RTE aborts
-----------------------------------
RTE ABORTED! X_X
Failed to load palette from bitmap with following path:

Base.rte/palette.bmp

The last frame has been dumped to 'abortscreen.bmp'

RTE ABORTED! X_X
Failed to load datafile object with following path and name:

Base.rte/Effects/Glows/YellowTiny

Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:06 am

Kame wrote:
Got two RTE aborts
RTE ABORTED! X_X

Base.rte/palette.bmp

RTE ABORTED! X_X

I'm pretty sure it's been established that it doesn't work.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:12 am

bananapuddin wrote:
Kame wrote:
Got two RTE aborts
RTE ABORTED! X_X

Base.rte/palette.bmp

RTE ABORTED! X_X

I'm pretty sure it's been established that it doesn't work.

I realise that, just adding to the list of errors.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:14 am

yeah, sorry about the multi-post,
i just got excited
and i thought that it might give e few people a laugh to see me fail in real time, as it were.
editing a single post wouldn't have had the same feel.

and i had read the earlier post about needing data's attention before a fix being possible
but i wanted to weigh in and get involved as much as i could anyway :)

Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:08 pm

I'll check out these errors; a couple of them are related to this build in particular (I think).

I am fairly certain it's crashing because of some buggy things within the campaign's assumptions about Loadouts, though, and it's an engine-level issue.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:49 pm

I hope this mod gets updated soon. Is there any gameplay footage of the mod so I can see how different the AI is?

Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:49 pm

I, too, am very hopeful about your work, xeno. I understood when you forecasted that it was likely all out of your hands now. I'm merely saying this to play my small part in demonstrating appreciation/interest.

Pathfinding enhancements, a thought-out systemic factional balance, an AI that doesnt stand around helplessly? It all sounds like exactly what I need. Possibly we should arrange a shady bribe of delicious candies to get your concerns bumped up in the dev's awareness and priorities.

In the meantime, the file for download in the first post is still fully functional with v27, correct? I wouldve checked for myself but ive gotta sort out a pile of unrelated computer issues first.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:57 pm

This mod has got to be the greatest total conversion mod for Cortex Command I've ever played!!

I really like what you've done with the way the units move and combat in general!!

Do you have plans to continue modding this? Would you mind others use your example and create an updated version for 1.05? Or perhaps even continue updating it for b27?
It's too cool! I LOVE the way the jetpacks work now! It's insane! It all feels more natural and less stick in the mud!!!

Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:26 am

I haven't been here in months, so I'm sorry this reply took so long to write.

So far as I am concerned, all of the code in this project is now Open Source. If anybody has a serious interest in porting it to 1.0+, please feel free and shoot me a PM if you can get it working again. I have not had time or interest enough to return to this project, unfortunately :)

Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:29 pm

Re: Cortex Command: Reloaded v. 1.25 OPEN SOURCE
In the spirit of the open-sourcing and because of my interest in the modifications, I've started altering the mod to see whether or not I can make it work with the new version. I haven't been around since B23 (and I wasn't really active. I lurk a lot.), so I've never seen this in action and I'd like to.

Current status: There seem to be no more .ini errors. I've replaced all the names that needed replacing (and I removed browncoat head 6 because I could not find the .bmp that it was looking for). Most of the errors I got at first seem to stem from naming conventions that have changed (from 6.bmp to 006.bmp, for example). I got some errors related to the scene list, which I've attempted to resolve by using a newer copy of the ini (nothing significant was changed between versions it seems - some names pop up in different places but it's all generally there). This seemed to work.

It now loads up to Metagame.rte, after which it locks up and windows reports an APPCRASH. There are no error messages or screens to indicate this was caught by the engine (as is the case with .ini file problems). I've looked at your old bug report and I do not get the error you were getting there - leading me to believe it was resolved (or replaced by an even less verbose version somewhere down the line). A quick trawl of the bug report thread didn't net me anything useful, but I could have missed something.

I will attempt to read through the .ini files in Metagame.rte to see whether or not something stands out to me.

Edit: Deleting my saves (as outlined elsewhere on the forums) does nothing. I'm guessing this has nothing to do with Metagame.rte, but I'm honestly a little mystified as to what it would have to do with.

Edit2: I did a whole lot of typing, then I found this: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=33197 - I'm guessing there's fundamental issues here (I was slowly realising this, manually diffing some of the changes in the lua contained in base.rte).

Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:10 pm

Post Re: Cortex Command: Reloaded v. 1.25 OPEN SOURCE
I'm sorry that it took a year to reply to this.

Yes, there were core issues with the RTEs that kind of meant having to put the mod together piece by piece again, and kind of dissuaded me from bothering, considering that I couldn't even get Data Realms to do some half-assed customer support and report why their application was crashing (let alone fix whatever was causing it).

But hey, supposedly B30 did all of the things Reloaded did (yeah, right).

The AI's wonderful now, the spacecraft aren't constantly crashing, characters aren't constantly getting stuck, the weapons are all balanced and the Campaign is something vaguely like a real game now, amirite?

Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18