View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Halloween Discussion. 

Post Halloween Discussion.
Yes, I know that Halloween isn't very close at all, but I'm somewhat excited for it as it's the first one where I'm actually going to dress up and go out for candy. So, you can discuss any costumes you have, what you'll be doing, and your thoughts in general on topics that are at least mildly related.

As for costumes, I think I'll be going as Clint Eastwood, it should be an easy look to pull of, at least dress wise. I live in Texas, so naturally I have most of the items, like beat up boots, jeans, and a similar shirt to the one he's wearing. I'll have to look into buying a vest, a hat, and some sort of realistic pistol and hostler. I may go without the gun, but I don't know if that would defeat the look.

EDIT: Costume Complete. Some things I've changed since taking the pictures is buying a second cap gun, and painting the orange caps silver.

Last edited by David Rodrigov on Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:15 am

Post Re: Halloween Discussion.
I'm the cynical ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ who just wants candy, my costumes over the past few years have included: me in a hat, me in a tie and me in a hat again. Maybe I'll just stay at home and take up drinking this year...

Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:32 am

111herbert111 wrote:
I'm the cynical ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ who just wants candy, my costumes over the past few years have included: me in a hat, me in a tie and me in a hat again. Maybe I'll just stay at home and take up drinking this year...

The next step is you in a hat and tie.
I don't know how this has not occurred to you.

Also, Spess Mehreen

Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:36 am
happy carebear mom

I'm gonna be 22 then. Which means nothing so I'll probably just make a cake or something.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:47 am

I'll go as Jon Snow. He's, uh, scary - right? No?.. Maybe a Nazi Stormtrooper then.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:57 am

i'm 24, which means I'll be setting up decorations, making a costume, and sitting on my ass with a giant bowl of candy, not eating it, and giving it to random kids dressed as themselves with hats/ties/vest+gun-combos/sheets with holes.

Thing is, halloween has always been my favorite holiday, which is terrible because I haven't had a half decent costume since I was 11. (the phantom of the opera, Full suit, cape, mask, fake scars, it was beautiful). Since then I've been... lets see...

Zombie (fake blood, plain clothes, covered in clumpy bits of flour and oatmeal. terrible idea, itched like hell and ruined a perfectly good shirt.)

Homeless guy (rolled around in dirt hours before, messed up my hair. spilled gas on my pants for smell. because my stepdad was like 'anything older than 12 shouldn't go trick-or-treating, they should just go around normally and watch horror flicks and do haunted houses')

nothing for years and years,

Crappy jester made with sweat pants and a magic marker because family refused to get me supplys to make my own costume until 10:40PM the night before. it was actually their idea too, like they could ruin halloween by forcing me to have a shitty costume.

Age-21 & 22. Anonymous. One year it was full buisness suit with coat vest & tie, with gloves & a guy fawkes mask. the other time, same mask, different gloves, and flasher trenchcoat. Best part was. Not trick or treating, Not handing out candy, but living in an appartment complex and just walking around like that all day watching peoples reactions. my roommate actually had the same idea, and he sat in the appartment lobby in costume reading a book, from 6PM till 1 AM. several people screamed, most laughed afterwords. and even more than that took pictures.

Now I'm 24. what the ♥♥♥♥ am I gonna do. halloween sure did creep up on me this year, It's like a present because I forgot.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:02 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Halloween?

Probably gonna throw eggs or ping-pong "smoke bombs" on the streets.

Other than that, nothing interesting.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:08 am

Asklar wrote:
Halloween?

Probably gonna throw eggs or ping-pong "smoke bombs" on the streets.

Other than that, nothing interesting.

Have you no imagination? why would you waste a perfectly good opportunity to get out of yourself and be someone else, with a group of people who aren't who they are either. it's the most fun you can have without *insert double entendre here*

Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:11 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I'll be giving out snacks, since I am far too old to go trick or treating.

But I'll still dish out the horror by giving...Sugar free sweets.

Bahahahahahaha!

Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:53 am
Profile WWW

caekdaemon wrote:

Bahahahahahaha!

don't do that. that would actually send ME to the hospital, I have a serious allergy to to many artificial sweeteners. They give me terrible TERRIBLE migrains, like blindness and forget who I am and have a blackout bad. and it's hereditary. How would you feel of that happened to someone because you decided to give out sugar free sweets just to be an ass? most people don't check candy anymore, and the ones that do have kids that will eat it anyway before it can be checked. That would be a terrible way to discover you have an alergy. it would sure as hell ruin halloween for that kid.

nah, you're better off doing the other kind of horror. It looks like candied apples, but really it's candied onions.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:00 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

YouKnowMe wrote:
caekdaemon wrote:

Bahahahahahaha!

don't do that. that would actually send ME to the hospital, I have a serious allergy to to many artificial sweeteners. They give me terrible TERRIBLE migrains, like blindness and forget who I am and have a blackout bad. and it's hereditary. How would you feel of that happened to someone because you decided to give out sugar free sweets just to be an ass? most people don't check candy anymore, and the ones that do have kids that will eat it anyway before it can be checked. That would be a terrible way to discover you have an alergy. it would sure as hell ruin halloween for that kid.

I, uh, handed them out mixed into the regulars for the last five years. Not had a problem once.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:07 am
Profile WWW

caekdaemon wrote:
I, uh, handed them out mixed into the regulars for the last five years. Not had a problem once.

well then my weird artificial sweetener problem must be more rare than a peanut allergy or deadly bee allergy then. but still, artificial sweeteners are nasty.

Go with the candied onions. it's a much better trick.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:53 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Probably going as Puppet Tux Strider or maybe just Aces.

Definitely one of those though.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:01 pm
Profile WWW

Given that I live in the UK, I will be turning off all the lights, unplugging my doorbell and hiding in a far away part of the house to escape the trick or treating chavs.

And I'll still have to clean eggs off my windows and doors. ♥♥♥♥.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:03 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I live on the finnish countryside.
There's no such thing as trick or treaters.

Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next