View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 In game shop editor? 

Post In game shop editor?
I was wondering if it would be possible to have some sort of single page list of guns actors crafts and prices, that you can edit without trawling through individual .ini files?

It could be an editable text file or if someone would like to show off :) you could have it somewhere within the gui. Settings> shop pricing. I am trying to learn all this stuff but ittl be many months before i know even the most basic coding, and im sure the phenomenal coders here could probably whip one up?

Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:09 am

Post Re: In game shop editor?
Months? Wat? It's one variable in the item's ini file, don't be lazy. Look for GoldValue = ♥♥♥♥ and change it to the number you want.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:04 am

Yeah i know how to do them individually, if you read what ive posted ive asked if it was possible to have them all laid out on a single page within game or as a single file?

Again so you don't need to trawl through hundreds of .ini files.

Let me give the example, if i wanted to up the price of the 40k mod, i would have to add a set amount to about 30 ini files. Im asking if its possible to have a single file with a full list of guns and a full list of actors enabling you to do several at once. Even if it was a list of factions and their proportional price for the metagame, it would be a neat and easy way to balance your mods. I have already added the pricing in my game but it was because of that experience that i posted here. It was allot of work considering i was adding a consistent number. It would have been nice to just add 300 to W40k, or take 100 off Coalition.

It has nothing to do with laziness it has to do with not being savvy with this stuff and it being a risky process to go butter-fingering the games coding. Having seen many mods on the forum i saw that not allot of them are made to help people who are new to the game and considering the game just had a major release on steam it would be worth its while to build things like this.

A list of tick-able boxes and a list of their prices? It would make it so you can easily alter a factions economic effectiveness.

My point regarding learning it myself and it taking many months is literal. I don't know how to do these things and i would have to learn on weekends which will take a few months. I am going to try but i wanted to post it here first in case someone just showed me one.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:28 am

A couple of mods have a UniTec-esque shoplist file that includes the pricing and naming of each gun exclusively. You can make your own for each faction manually, by stating a new copy of each device, like so:

Code:
AddDevice = HDFirearm
[tab] CopyOf = Gun
[tab] PresetName = Gun
[tab] Goldvalue = [value]

This should overwrite the price of the existing weapon, allowing you to set it for numerous devices in a single file. Make sure the shoplist is loaded after the devices, though.

(May have to change original device's buyable to 0, else it might create copies, though it shouldn't...)

Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:58 am

Thankyou dude im working on that now...

Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]