View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 485 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 33  Next
 The guns in CC and your thoughts (so we can make 'em better) 

Post Re: The guns in CC and your thoughts (so we can make 'em better)
Game awesome, but it really need:

1. auto-shot for pistols and any other such kind weapons (crazy clicking isn't good way at all)
2. need far view, AI use sniper rifle for hell far distance, players can't because camera don't let
3. need more expensive way for delivering - orbital teleport, rockets and ships looks fine, but sometimes you can't land it
4. is here any diggin bombs (or at least bombs with such effects)? because one i saw only kill many enemies on ground, but can't make really good pit
5. auto-reload sometimes fail while left mouse button pressed (crazy clicking isn't good way at all)

Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:45 pm

happyhorror wrote:

1. auto-shot for pistols and any other such kind weapons (crazy clicking isn't good way at all)
2. need far view, AI use sniper rifle for hell far distance, players can't because camera don't let
3. need more expensive way for delivering - orbital teleport, rockets and ships looks fine, but sometimes you can't land it
4. is here any diggin bombs (or at least bombs with such effects)? because one i saw only kill many enemies on ground, but can't make really good pit
5. auto-reload sometimes fail while left mouse button pressed (crazy clicking isn't good way at all)

Ah, i imagine you are new to Cortex Command? If so,

1. The semi-automatic guns are that way to make them balanced, and not insanely overpowered, and clicking is like the trigger, it shoots as fast as you can pull it.

2. You can aim, what you do is, you draw your weapon, and drag your mouse to the direction you want to aim in, which moves the camera further away.

3. Drop ships and rockets are tough to master, but drop crates are the other method of delivery, mods also add other kinds of delivery, you should look into them (I recommend Crobotech, and Imperium of man, if they work for the version of Cortex Command you have.

4. Grenades and bombs are anti-personnel, and aren't designed for digging, you should look under the tools tab in the buy menu, and get a digger, they can make pits.

5. There is no way to fix that, just click again, and you will reload.

Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:31 am

motochad wrote:
happyhorror wrote:

Automatic reload fails every time if you keep mouse button pressed before automatic reloading and keep it pressed after it has reloaded until you run out of ammo. Next reload fails / doesn't occur.
Of course there is a way to fix it, by Data anyway, and i wonder why it hasn't been fixed by 1.0. It's been there for a long time. That said, it's not a big deal to me.

Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:45 am

motochad wrote:
happyhorror wrote:

Ah, i imagine you are new to Cortex Command? If so,

1. The semi-automatic guns are that way to make them balanced, and not insanely overpowered, and clicking is like the trigger, it shoots as fast as you can pull it.

2. You can aim, what you do is, you draw your weapon, and drag your mouse to the direction you want to aim in, which moves the camera further away.

3. Drop ships and rockets are tough to master, but drop crates are the other method of delivery, mods also add other kinds of delivery, you should look into them (I recommend Crobotech, and Imperium of man, if they work for the version of Cortex Command you have.

4. Grenades and bombs are anti-personnel, and aren't designed for digging, you should look under the tools tab in the buy menu, and get a digger, they can make pits.

1. Does pistols semi-automatic and require to click 12 times to shot 1 full ammo? does it takes 24 and 36 clicks for 2-3 full ammo? I don't know who like these tons of clicks, but it really annoying

2. "I can"? :) no, i can't shoot like AI through 75% of map, because sniper rifles let move to camera to less short distance (it was in snow mauntains, there were only 2 high mountains and AI from one killed me on another, he one-shot me, no words...)

3. i will try mods, but drop crates really sux :) there is 50% for die/stuck

4. i saw all kind of digging tools, but bombs making Grand canyon always was fun (thx to worms)

5. why not? isn't here "out of ammo" event to force reload? never believe it ;)

Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:20 pm

1. I will kill you over the internet for your stupidity.
2. I will kill you over the internet for your stupidity.
3. I will kill you over the internet for your stupidity.
4. I will kill you over the internet for your stupidity.
5. Oh yeah that sucks.

Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:45 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

How far the AI shoots is dependent on your resolution, if I'm not horribly wrong. So basically the AI shouldn't be shooting you if you can't see him. Of course, guns with ridiculously long SharpDistances, such as the Imperatus heavy sniper, can shoot much farther.
From what I've gathered, the drop crates are a pretty damn sure way to get your trooper planetside. I've had very few fatalities with them.
To be honest, it would be kinda stupid if you could hold down the trigger and the actor would keep shooting and reloading automatically.

Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:46 pm

Gun name: Pulse Rifle

What I like about this gun: Everything. It has a good, solid feeling, like an energy-based assault rifle should have; it fires at a good distance, deals solid damage, and doesn't leave you having to reload with the enemy only half-dead and in your face. This is the kind of weapon I pictured in my head from the moment I first saw the Dummy Blaster in action.

What I don't like about this gun and think should be changed: Absolutely nothing... which may be a sign that it needs a (slight!) nerfing (an argument could certainly be made for a reduced firing rate and/or clip size), but then again, I think it actually highlights a problem with the other Techion weapons... like, for example:

Gun name: Nanorifle

What I like about this gun: It certainly has an interesting concept, and the damage-over-time can allow it to be somewhat-effective even against heavily-armored targets, as it pecks away at their health while you dive behind cover to reload.

What I don't like about this gun and think should be changed: The one-round magazine makes this quite possibly the worst sniper rifle in the game. So a headshot kills most actors in one hit... so what? The same is true of most sniper rifles. Hell, headshots prove lethal with plenty of non-sniper weapons; that's not what makes the Nanorifle special. Every other sniper rifle also has a magazine that lets you shoot again if you miss the first shot, or take out more than one target before you have to reload. With the Nanorifle, you have to reload after every shot, making it totally useless as a proper sniper weapon. Give it a five-round magazine or something. Hell, a three-round magazine would give it some proper combat effectiveness. At the moment, missing with the Nanorifle makes you wonder why you bothered to buy it instead of just going with the Pulse Rifle.

Additional Notes: For that matter, every Techion weapon (except the Nucleo Swarm) seems to be a poor purchase compared to the Pulse Rifle. It's cheaper, has great range (especially compared to, say, the Dummy Blaster), packs a punch, and has a 40-round magazine. You can kill a lot of zombies with a Pulse Rifle in the amount of time it takes to reload a Nanorifle, and you can afford more Pulse Rifles for the amount of gold you spend on a Nanorifle.

Now, obviously, the Micro Pulsar is supposed to be weaker than the Pulse Rifle (it's a sidearm, after all), but for the Nanorifle this doesn't make much sense; or maybe that's my subconscious expectations of the Red Faction: Guerilla nanorifle talking. Regardless, it also doesn't make sense for the Giga Pulsar. You'd think a minigun version of the Pulse Rifle would carve through enemies like a hot knife through butter; instead, I find the Pulse Rifle seems to deal more DPS. Could be I just miss with it less (less bullet spread), but whatever the reason, I'd rather take on a Dreadnought with a Pulse Rifle than a Giga Pulsar.

In addition, the Nucleo is a terrible grenade-launcher substitute; no firing arc, inconsistent bouncing, time-based detonation, and pathetic damage make it more than worth your while to spend the 4x gold cost on something like the Coalition Remote-GL (and in scenario battle, with no price penalty, there's literally no reason to pick the Nucleo). Or forget indirect fire and just open fire with more Pulse Rifles. What with the lack of friendly fire, getting a half-dozen guys with Pulse Rifles into a room will do more damage than a grenade launcher ever could.

The Dihelical cannon seems like a perfect anti-dropship weapon, but the AI seems to refuse to hold down the fire button long enough to actually use it, making the AA drone superior there, and despite the description, doesn't seem to want to blast through terrain (could just be we have differing definitions of "soft"). There is one other Techion weapon worth using, though:

Gun name: Nucleo Swarm

What I like about this gun: Now this is an indirect-fire weapon! Unfortunately, it's almost useless in cramped hallways, as the shots will simply slam into a wall before they have a chance to turn towards a target. With even the slightest amount of wiggle room, though, the Nucleo Swarm will chase snipers into their perches, encircle assault teams mid-flight, and come crashing down on the heads of heavy units like the Dummy Dreadnought. If you can convince it to do these things without ever exposing your actor to return fire, even better, but as long as you can unleash a salvo and get back under cover quickly, you should still come out ahead.

What I don't like about this gun and think should be changed: The aforementioned uselessness in cramped quarters, combined with the above-bemoaned uselessness of the Nucleo as a grenade launcher alternative, leaves the Techion arsenal without a good indirect-fire solution to the "enemy just around the corner" problem without buying out-of-tech hardware. Of course, you could always buy some hand-held grenades, but nobody uses those :P. I'm not sure whether the Nucleo Swarm should fit that role, though; if it was as effective in the cramped corridors of the Dummy Assault map as it is in more wide-open spaces, it would probably be way too powerful. Still, the Nucleo Swarm would probably benefit from a slight reduction in spread (less likely to fire straight into the floor or ceiling), or a slight increase in homing ability (more likely to turn before it hits the floor or ceiling).

tl;dr: Most Techion weaponry seems totally useless compared to the basic Pulse Rifle, with the exception of the Nucleo Swarm, but even with that, the Techion arsenal lacks a good indirect fire weapon for small corridors.

Note: This is just talking about Techion weapons; the balance of the Whitebot and Silver Man have no bearing on the balance of their weapons (although personally I think the Silver Man is a bit too durable).

Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:56 am

Natti wrote:
How far the AI shoots is dependent on your resolution, if I'm not horribly wrong. So basically the AI shouldn't be shooting you if you can't see him. Of course, guns with ridiculously long SharpDistances, such as the Imperatus heavy sniper, can shoot much farther.
From what I've gathered, the drop crates are a pretty damn sure way to get your trooper planetside. I've had very few fatalities with them.
To be honest, it would be kinda stupid if you could hold down the trigger and the actor would keep shooting and reloading automatically.

Why it isn't stupid for many shooter games? :0 i'm not lazy, just many useless clicks we can avoid make game more fun
If you think it would be too OP because of infinite ammo at all then units should have limited ammo and something to get new ammo. Simple, really?

Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:24 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I think it's a good thing that you can't just hold down the trigger ; you actually have to pay more attention to what's happening.
It adds an extra layer of challenge, although a very minor one.

Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:17 am

1. Ronin Shortgun
I like the sprite and the way it works
What I don't like is that it's too accurate for sawn-off shotgun, doesn't have reloading animation and doesn't allow you to fire both barrels at the same time. Plus the name. ''Shortgun'' is kinda lame, and sawn-off, break-open shotguns are usually called lupara shotguns (lupara - ''for the wolf'' in some language). It also should have full-length counterpart with stock.

2. The Uzi

What should be changed - the Mini, Micro, Pro, Carbine (semi-auto), Hacked Carbine (allows full-auto mode), Pistol (semi-auto) and Hacked Pistol (full-auto) shold be added. The regular, Mini, Micro and Pro versions should have two modes - unfolded stock (+acurraccy/SharpLength, -bit longer reloads,) and folded stock.

3. AK-47/M16

AK-47u and short-barreled M16 should be added

Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:04 pm

ATOS Productions wrote:
1. Ronin Shortgun
What I don't like is that it's too accurate for sawn-off shotgun, doesn't have reloading animation and doesn't allow you to fire both barrels at the same time. Plus the name. ''Shortgun'' is kinda lame, and sawn-off, break-open shotguns are usually called lupara shotguns (lupara - ''for the wolf'' in some language). It also should have full-length counterpart with stock.

2. The Uzi

What should be changed - the Mini, Micro, Pro, Carbine (semi-auto), Hacked Carbine (allows full-auto mode), Pistol (semi-auto) and Hacked Pistol (full-auto) shold be added. The regular, Mini, Micro and Pro versions should have two modes - unfolded stock (+acurraccy/SharpLength, -bit longer reloads,) and folded stock.

3. AK-47/M16

Don't write in a god awfully hard to read colours.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:16 pm

All the Techion gun sounds need to be replaced.
I don't care to what, they don't sound like they're game material.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:01 pm
Profile WWW

ATOS Productions wrote:
1. Ronin Shortgun

2. The Uzi

3. AK-47/M16

[

1. I have never heard the word Lupara before, but that could just be me. Also, all guns use one of a few reloading animations, making a new animation for a single gun would be a lot of work for very little results.
The full length counterpart? Just use another shotgun.

2. I strongly disagree, cluttering the buy menu with redundant near-identical guns would not be a good thing.

3. Again, why? Redundant, near-identical guns cluttering the buy menu. The Ronin has plenty of weapons already filling such roles.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:25 pm

ATOS Productions wrote:
1. Ronin Shortgun

2. The Uzi

3. AK-47/M16

Why on earth would you want that many redundant guns, for ONE FACTION!

Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:45 pm
Banned

I think CC needs more grenade launchers that are really awesome. The point is to add arcing fire as a big important thing, because seriously, in a 2d combat game with hills that's the obvious thing.

Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 485 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 33  Next