View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Requesting a Lua Script 

Post Re: Requesting a Lua Script
I give up.

Even with all the help i've gotten,

--looping sounds still loop forever, don't loop long enough, over-lap, or crash
--sounds go out of sync if delta time isn't so out of whack that guns melt through terrain just laying there.
--start sounds based on timers in MS should be synced up with spin-up times that are also in MS... they're not.
--there is a delay after spin-up time before the first shot is fired that makes the whole thing go out of sync even worse

Long story short, i'm using *some* of the lua people have provided but the whole thing largely does not work as intended.

the end result will be released when I finish updating all my older content, and add enough new additions to make it worth a release.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:56 pm

Why don't you post up the project so whoever fixes on it has something concrete to work with? It's difficult to write a specific script without having the relevant resources and the information they provide.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:01 pm

Bad Boy wrote:
Why don't you post up the project so whoever fixes on it has something concrete to work with? It's difficult to write a specific script without having the relevant resources and the information they provide.

Because I'm now to frustrated with the thing to give a ♥♥♥♥. I've added comments to the lua and the ini's so when I do release it if anyone wants to work on it or make adjustments its easy when I get around to releasing it.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:15 pm

I sent you a better version of my script and the sound emitters which should fix at least the first of your issues, as well as partial explanations/solutions for issues 3 and 4, and I'm not even sure why you're putting your deltaTime so far from default when even slight changes usually cause a bunch of quirks to crop up.

As Bad Boy says it's also more difficult for us to script if we don't have a full understanding of what's required.

It's also, for future reference, really rather irritating when you give up on a project that someone else is taking the time to code for you, simply because the code isn't working perfect, now.

Current version of the script where I have it to anyway, if anyone is interested, stupid non-timer use and all. Emitters should be using EmissionSound to get proper cut-off when the emitters are removed.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:52 am

Technomancer wrote:
I sent you a better version of my script and the sound emitters which should fix at least the first of your issues, as well as partial explanations/solutions for issues 3 and 4, and I'm not even sure why you're putting your deltaTime so far from default when even slight changes usually cause a bunch of quirks to crop up.

As Bad Boy says it's also more difficult for us to script if we don't have a full understanding of what's required.

It's also, for future reference, really rather irritating when you give up on a project that someone else is taking the time to code for you, simply because the code isn't working perfect, now.

Current version of the script where I have it to anyway, if anyone is interested, stupid non-timer use and all. Emitters should be using EmissionSound to get proper cut-off when the emitters are removed.

I was changing delta time because otherwise all the sounds play at different speeds, and they change speeds at different rate. CC is not meant to do audio the way I am trying to do audio. it is not mixing software. I think i've tried pushing it further than it can actually go.

Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2