View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 The Cordyc (7th strain) 

Post Re: The Cordyc (7th strain)
kniroid wrote:
crap. im having a problem. so ill start up the game, and everything will be fine. but then when i exit the game it says "cortex command has stopped working" and then it shuts down. afterwords whenever i open up cortex command it says-
"abortion in file .\system\ reader.cpp, line 534 because:

wrong type in reader when passed to serializable::create()/settings.ini
at line 184!

the last frame has been dumped to 'abortscreen.bmp'

someone please help! i love this mod, but if i have it, cortex command blows up! i have no other mods right now other than this one.

Wait, I think it's a common problem not related with my mod. Sometimes CC goes and corrupts the settings file, you'd have to backup them sometimes. When that error screen appears, just plop a copy of the backup settings.ini file into base.rte, overwrite, and your CC can work again. I've had this happen for a long while before I made the mod, so I can attest to this glitch.

Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:18 am
Profile YIM WWW

Saaay, how about making a new upgrade for the puppet that uses a biogas jetpack instead of jumping, and edit the weapons so they don't
impale enemy heads before infection. :-P

Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:25 pm

Hello !

I love your mod, it's my favourite !

I have some idea for you :
- A new actors : the builder ! He can morph into turret or factory for Cordyc. He can be buy in factory and shop.
- the factory : it's a building to make builder, puppet and crawler. He make more fast than a mobile progenitor node.
- the gold gatherer : he can dig and ... gather gold ! It's a mutation of the crawler.
So, the crawler can become a gold gatherer instead of the sentry !

That's all ! Hope you understand me because I don't speak English very well :wink:

Bye !

Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:51 am

I think I'm done for this mod, it's got all it needs to be an unique faction. I didn't make a gold-digger for them because I wanted for them to get resources when they successfully infect other actors, in order to make a different playstyle. And the Mother Node, which is also a brain, can already make puppets and crawlers, something the Mobile Progenitor Node also does. Turrets (AKA sentry) can be evolved from crawlers.

As for the headshot thingy... well, the Cordyc is all about infestation, and if the seed isn't fast enough, they won't infect as effectively as the current one. So, when using Cordyc, aim carefully, aim for the body, and hunt for actors to get more resources. Besides, successful infestations creates another actor, and sometimes using the Baloon Puppet you can get bonuses. As in a 5-in-1 deal or something like that.

As for the Biogas Jetpack... well, feel free to mod this mod! If it's good enough, I'll put it in the pack, but otherwise, I'm not working on this mod any more.

Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:15 am
Profile YIM WWW

Post Re: The Cordyc (7th strain) idea(s)
i have an idea to make this mod more fun like fungus or a actor that shoots ooze and if it touches a enemy actor it turns the actor into a cocoon and it turns into a a puppet :twisted: or you can select it and turn it into a crawler or sentry bomber etc etc and maby the fungus can dig for gold and scrap or dead body's turn into minerals :grin:

Sun May 27, 2012 4:35 pm

Hi, Carriontrooper! :D
Awesome mod, I love this plant-like guys) spritework with a progenitor totaly awesome!
p.s.: when the one of this guys on the map it deal a huge lag, i dont know why=(

Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:32 pm
Profile YIM WWW

this mod looks soooooo awesome but as soon as i spawn 1 of these guys in the game just gets slower and slower and slower till everything eventually stops moving :(
is this a bug with the mod or is it because im running build 27?
cause the icon next to this 1 says B26.
if its not working right because its B26 instead of B27 then can u update it? or can some1 else update it?
i would but i have no idea how :(

Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:40 am

Re: The Cordyc (7th strain)
Please Necro For 1.0 and make compatible with the metagame

Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:54 am

Confirmed to be compatible for 1.0.

Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:19 am

Awesome, I would love to see an update to this, I have been looking for a Bug/zerg army to play, and the converting enemies is pretty sweet

Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:35 pm

Necro for the sake of this mod's awesomeness.
Also, it isn't classified as a tech in the campaign mode, so you can't get those guys for cheap. :/

(and they lag pretty badly, too)

Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:36 pm

The Tech thing is easy to fix....you just have to add the word "tech" to one line in the main .ini folder.

The lag is more insiduous and involves some major lua updating.

Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:39 pm

An ancient necro, but for good reason.
I've gone ahead and updated Cordyc to B31, using the permissions in this post. This isn't the '8th Strain', but I felt if someone wanted to do that they'd appreciate an up-to-date copy of the 7th beforehand.

Script lag/errors are probably mostly fixed, though I'm not completely sure as I've been out of CC modding for a little while. There are also some changes:
A new moduleicon, to better fit in with the original factions.
AI can use the Cordyc faction.
AI can upgrade Cordyc troops.
Enemy bombers can and will explode if they get close to you, or to anything that isn't another friendly troop.
A new pre-equipped digger, the 'Corruptor' (aka nanolyzer reskin) makes the Cordyc puppets more threatening. It doesn't actually collect gold, but Cordyc gain gold by converting enemy troops anyway.

Three outstanding issues still exist that I, with my limited LUA knowledge and lack of time, don't know how to fix;
First is that the AI for some reason will never purchase Crawlers, except for base layouts. They will still use the ones they gain from killing enemy acrabs however.
Second is that at some point an error regarding 'parts' may occur due to positioning during a transformation (I think). This gamebreaking error slows everything to a standstill, but thankfully I've only rarely had it during a 1v3 skrimish with everyone being Cordyc.
Third is that the AI likes to bash the Cordyc dropship into the ground at the dropzone when it comes down from the sky, which can cause it to get stuck on softer ground. They also won't use the drop seeds at all.

I'm sure these issues can be corrected by someone better, but yeah. Have fun. :)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2o4zldv76 ... yc.rte.rar

Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:32 pm
Profile WWW

Duuuuude this is one of my favorite mod ever! The old lua it used made the game slower so I couldn't play it anymore. Thanks a lot!! :)

Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:45 pm

Wow i come back to look at the forum occasionally and am surprised to see the Cordyc strain so high up and choose to check why and what do i know someone finally decided to port and fix most of the issues with the current version thank you so much omegadrace its really awesome that you took the time to do that!

Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next