View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Campaign fun, and which faction do you use and why? 

Which vanilla faction do you use in Campaign?
Ronin 16%  16%  [ 9 ]
Coalition 32%  32%  [ 18 ]
Dummy 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Imperatus 14%  14%  [ 8 ]
Browncoat 14%  14%  [ 8 ]
Techion 21%  21%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 57

Campaign fun, and which faction do you use and why? 

Post Campaign fun, and which faction do you use and why?
For the campaign, I made up some settings for a decent challenge. You vs. 3 AI, 15 map sites, 2000oz start, 20 brains, -5 handicap for yourself, and you must choose a vanilla faction.
Its fairly hardcore because of multiple base upkeeps and battles everywhere, but this was when my friends and I started forming solid opinions about each vanilla faction.

I was just curious about what you guys thought about each vanilla faction. So my friends and I have some split opinions about which factions they prefer and about how to rank them.

Which faction do you prefer to use in vanilla campaign games? Why?

Last edited by AndyChanglee on Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:11 am

Post Re: Campaign fun, and which faction do you use and why?
I'm partial to Coalition myself. They're wonderfully well-rounded and cost-effective. Also I'm a sucker for faceless generic military-type soldiers.

By the way, you listed Techion twice in the poll.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:29 am

I mainly use Techion (whitebots are cute) or Browncoats, if there is one faction I don't like it's Ronin, to me they have always looked like anime characters, and I hate anime, so going against them is fun. I love Techion, but the Techion special weapons (dihelical cannnon, nuclus swarmer I think it's called), are not very practical or useful, compared to the pulse rifle, giga pulsar and micro pulsar, in fact I rarely use them at all,
I love the Browncoats weapons, and how when fired at the all purpose Imperatus robot, they rip right through the robot and sparks fly everywhere :) ,
also pyro rifle is great fun. I sometimes use coalition too and they are pretty fun.

Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:34 am

i love to use dummy faction as they are cheap, also they have dreadnought as tank unit

my favourite weapon of their arsenal is repeater, it's slow but very dangerous to ALL units, armored or not

also the nailer gun is very powerfull and i love it

Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:48 am

Who uses Imperatus? I never understood the meaning of them. They don't have much variety to them...

Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:26 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

I like Browncoats.

Yes, they are ridiculously expensive.

But who cares? If you actually mine gold instead of waiting for each round to end to get funds, gold won't be a problem. They have awesome weapons too (LOL FIRE EVERYWHERE), and the Browncoat Heavy has been the Heaviest of Heavies since I can remember.

I also kinda like Imperatus, but I would have preferred much more seeing actors created specifically for them. When I read in the concept art page, the one that had all of Arne's drawings and fluff, that they were the analogy of Ogres, I was specting a huge massive alien or a huge massive robot which would have been effective simply by jetpacking into anything and wouldn't fit into bunkers.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:34 am

AndyChanglee wrote:
Who uses Imperatus? I never understood the meaning of them. They don't have much variety to them...
No love for the imperatures eh? I like their chunky guns and gun noises really, the sight and sound of 5 bullpups firing at once is music to my ears :)

Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:41 am

I don't use them for campaign cause they're pretty limited. I haven't tried the bullpup in groups however. I'll give Imperatus a try in scenario battles I guess, but I can't see myself using it in campaign :P

Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:48 am

Ronin verses Browncoats and/or Whitebots has always been my favorite scenario, if only because I'm a glutton when it comes to difficult games.

In terms of mod factions, I prefer playing as the new Combine faction verses S.A.W.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:09 am

AndyChanglee wrote:
I don't use them for campaign cause they're pretty limited. I haven't tried the bullpup in groups however. I'll give Imperatus a try in scenario battles I guess, but I can't see myself using it in campaign :P

Yeah, that's fair, they're too limited still. To be fair, I've played maybe 3 or 4 campaign games total, I got bored of it after I tried out the newer factions cause the gameplay otherwise is pretty much skirmish. Not to mention my laptop can't run CC too well when there's a decent number of troops on the screen.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:32 am

i never had used any of the Vanilla Factions, They're all seem stale to me (compare to mods at least) however i do fight against the vanilla factions the most, mainly The dummy's Colataion and the browncoats, just seem fun to see them all fight along side me with my army of whatever mods im using xD. but if i had to use a vanilal faction it's most likely be colation due to the weapon choice and looks.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:09 pm

If you have some friends to play with, you should definitely try some competitive brain vs. brain with faction restrictions! They might not be as strong as most mod factions, but they are all mostly the same in strength, but vary greatly in playstyle and pros and cons. The fights get very interesting as you start thinking of counter strategies for opponent faction and if you both are fairly equal in skill, the games can get pretty intense!

Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:49 pm
Banned

Holy ♥♥♥♥ fighting the Imperatus as the Coalition is such a ♥♥♥♥♥

Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:31 pm

The problem with MP with me at the moment is purely two things, 1: my screen isn't good for split screening, and secondly, my rig is very crappy. i generally play CC in VERY short burst.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:47 pm

LordVonKain wrote:
The problem with MP with me at the moment is purely two things, 1: my screen isn't good for split screening, and secondly, my rig is very crappy. i generally play CC in VERY short burst.

:( sorry to hear that. My friends have better computers than I do, so I usually play on theirs though.

Crow wrote:
Holy ♥♥♥♥ fighting the Imperatus as the Coalition is such a ♥♥♥♥♥

Try groups of Lights with Assault or Compact Assault rifles. Automatic weapons tend to tear up Imperatus.

Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next