View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Cortex command 1.0 Bug Reports (OP updated 30.09) 

Post Re: Cortex command 1.0 Bug Reports (OP updated 30.09)
Brain robot randomly insta-gibbing when digging, it rarely happens but it has caused Me to lose a few times, also actors insta-gibbing when entering disabled bunker doors.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:27 am

@dogboy122: I'm pretty sure that would still be part of the Map Seam bug.

@Lionel: Hey Try this amazing AI mod by BlackAlpha! viewtopic.php?f=61&t=31838 See how many things are improved! makes it actually challenging (without doing 3x browncoat/techion). :grin:

Yeah it would be cool if they stayed in last position when on Sentry.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:37 pm

Bug Report.

AI Move, AI Gold Dig, AI hunt brain, all shockingly dumb/non working.

Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:05 pm

Dear Cortex'ers,

What could be the reason that my brain bot often dies without a reason?
The glass seams to break, and than i loos :( . The sometimes happens when i am just digging.

Is this a bug, or is there a obvious reason that i'm missing like a timeout what so ever?

Greetzz,
kirelam

Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:53 pm

A small bug I noticed:

I started playing the 'Exploration' scenarion, and I'm limited to only basic techs so, for example, I the only bodies I can buy are crabs, skeletons and those clones. However, I had some presets with coalition bodies (the default presets) and I could buy them. It seems the preset don't check for limitations of the scenario.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:01 am

Quote:
Brain robot randomly insta-gibbing when digging, it rarely happens but it has caused Me to lose a few times, also actors insta-gibbing when entering disabled bunker doors.

I've been getting this as well, but not just rarely - it's in about half my games. Also happens to non-brain actors above or below the surface, even if they're just walking around. Actually, from experience they only seem to do it if walking, never happened to me in mid air.

Seems to happen all over the place, not just in the same place each time, if that matters re; the seam bug.

Quote:
@Lionel: Hey Try this amazing AI mod by BlackAlpha! viewtopic.php?f=61&t=31838 See how many things are improved! makes it actually challenging (without doing 3x browncoat/techion).

I'll give it a look, thanks =D

Quote:
AI Move, AI Gold Dig, AI hunt brain, all shockingly dumb/non working.

Gold Dig AI is even worse than usual on that second bunker buster map, the one that doesn't loop - all but totally non-functional. Most of the time my diggers will just stand there and do nothing.

Brain robot will auto-dig it's way to the bottom of the map and kill itself that way if I give it the chance.

Also lol, practically every automatic action by my troops leads to their painful demise.

Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:08 am

I'm on Ubuntu 12.04 and after the initial loading where I can see text/filenames on the right of the screen, everything goes black. I do here some (very cool) music however.

Anybody got a workaround for this? (besides wine)

Code:
jarlath@jarlath-EP35-DS3:~/Games/CortexCommand$ ./CortexCommand
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.rear
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.center_lfe
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.side
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1286:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.ICE1712.pcm.surround71.0:CARD=0'
ALSA lib conf.c:4241:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:4720:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM surround71
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1286:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.ICE1712.pcm.hdmi.0:CARD=0,AES0=4,AES1=130,AES2=0,AES3=2'
ALSA lib conf.c:4241:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:4720:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM hdmi
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1286:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.ICE1712.pcm.hdmi.0:CARD=0,AES0=4,AES1=130,AES2=0,AES3=2'
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM hdmi
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1286:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.ICE1712.pcm.modem.0:CARD=0'
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.phoneline:CARD=0,DEV=0
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1286:(snd_func_refer) Unable to find definition 'cards.ICE1712.pcm.modem.0:CARD=0'
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.phoneline:CARD=0,DEV=0
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM phoneline
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM phoneline
ALSA lib audio/pcm_bluetooth.c:1614:(audioservice_expect) BT_GET_CAPABILITIES failed : Input/output error(5)
ALSA lib audio/pcm_bluetooth.c:1614:(audioservice_expect) BT_GET_CAPABILITIES failed : Input/output error(5)
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:957:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) The dmix plugin supports only playback stream
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server socket
jack server is not running or cannot be started
Attempting to start PulseAudio sound driver
Initialized sound against PulseAudio sound driver.

Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:24 am

TenLeftFingers wrote:
I'm on Ubuntu 12.04 and after the initial loading where I can see text/filenames on the right of the screen, everything goes black. I do here some (very cool) music however.

Someone gave me the answer to this: it's a problem with Compiz. If you run in Unity 2D, for example, you'll be able to play. Except that the game will probably crash :(

Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:07 am

This is a pretty serious bug that keeps happening to me, but every time I try to load a specific map (Both Vanilla and mod maps) my game says something about not being able to load the foreground bitmap. The game also crashes when I try to press escape on a map after about 5-10 minutes. Could get some screenies if you want. Also mentions something about Grass Plains or something sometimes.

EDIT: Image

Manual Link if Image does not work: http://s1272.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... sort=3&o=0

EDIT: Turns out it only appears on Google Chrome. Use that instead of Internet Explorer.

Attachments:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG [ 48.19 KiB | Viewed 13754 times ]

Last edited by MrScouter on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:41 am

Bugamn wrote:
TenLeftFingers wrote:

Someone gave me the answer to this: it's a problem with Compiz. If you run in Unity 2D, for example, you'll be able to play. Except that the game will probably crash :(

Thanks bugamn. Do you know what the bug is or if it has been reported on launchpad? Unity 2D is being dropped now that Unity 3D can use llvmpipe to run on 2D hardware so Compiz will need to be sorted wherever necessary. I'm happy to do that once I know where to look.

Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:02 am

A 'bug';

On bunker breach on the left hand map choice, sometimes you can be shot at and killed instantly as soon as you spawn if your opponent if Browncoats and some other factions.

As in, you start within range of enermy weapons, with no way to defend yourself except to hope you don't die.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:44 am

Pretty sure this is a bug, as it has happened on nearly every campaign game I've played. If playing 3 AI opponents on different teams within the campaign mode metagame, the "player 4" AI is always, always the strongest opponent.

In order to confirm this, I started up another game with 4 players, myself and 3 AI, with random techs and seperate teams, and then just hammered the space bar.

Within a few game days, player 4 was dominating. I've done this a few more times since and this is still the case.

So I'm guessing this is a bug, anyway of having a difficulty slider for the metagame, or being able to have different team AI personalities to choose for each side (AKA: aggressive, defensive, moneymaker, stoic etc.)

If not, I guess I will try and mod it...

Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:47 am

TenLeftFingers wrote:
Do you know what the bug is or if it has been reported on launchpad? Unity 2D is being dropped now that Unity 3D can use llvmpipe to run on 2D hardware so Compiz will need to be sorted wherever necessary. I'm happy to do that once I know where to look.

I don't know. I got the info from the launch post: http://devlog.datarealms.com/cortex-com ... ent-177738

Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:58 pm

Nonno Cicala wrote:
In the tutorial trying to kill the crab crashes the game. :(
I'm running the Linux amd64 1.0rc1 build.
I tried using the Light Digger with the starting robot 4 times and 2 times buying the first preset I found and using a SMG.
I got 2 kind of errors:

1) with the Light Digger:
Shutting down Allegro due to signal #11
./CortexCommand: line 4: 18421 Segmentation fault ./CortexCommand.bin "$@"

2) with both Light Digger and SMG:
[Error] OpenAL Error: Invalid Value.
./CortexCommand: line 4: 22287 Aborted ./CortexCommand.bin "$@"

I think this bug was there before.

Same here. Killing the crab rooting around in the sand on the left hand side of the Tutorial map, by any means (I landed on it), causes one or the other error messages Nonno Cicala describes.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:08 pm

Nonno Cicala wrote:
In the tutorial trying to kill the crab crashes the game. :(
I'm running the Linux amd64 1.0rc1 build.
I tried using the Light Digger with the starting robot 4 times and 2 times buying the first preset I found and using a SMG.
I got 2 kind of errors:

1) with the Light Digger:
Shutting down Allegro due to signal #11
./CortexCommand: line 4: 18421 Segmentation fault ./CortexCommand.bin "$@"

2) with both Light Digger and SMG:
[Error] OpenAL Error: Invalid Value.
./CortexCommand: line 4: 22287 Aborted ./CortexCommand.bin "$@"

I think this bug was there before.

I can replicate this bug when attempting to kill the crab on the Tutorial map, by any means (incl. landing on it). But I also get the "Aborted" message at random during the Tutorial map. Though it does seem to coincide with sound effects (e.g. reloading a weapon).

I think I should mention that I don't quite get the same level of verbosity in error message as Nonno Cicala. In my case, I just get "Aborted" or "Shutting down Allegro due to signal #11". I can't recall if I also get "Segmentation fault". But then I only ever got the "Shutting down Allegro due to signal #11" once.

Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next