View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Online Multiplayer- request 

Post Online Multiplayer- request
So i have been following the forums and the development of CC for quite sometime - i think it was back in b23- and now looking at this game and all the mods is quite amazing.

So-
i was hoping - AND i know this has been asked for MANY times in the forums, but now i just want to make this post because...i think CC has reached its peak of its development, and everyone has been asking for an online multiplayer mode. Such as CTF, TDM and all the standard Gamemodes.

I know(or i dont) that you DR people and data have been working on it, thought im not sure -i have heard it somewhere.

Here is how i think it should work-

TDM: you control only ONE body and that is you brain and character when it dies it becomes the terrain(like normal) and then you respawn, it applies to your team mates as well. I would prefer it fog of war- though i dont know how that would work...if someone from other team is tunneling and just sniping others while not being in their line-of-sight then the sniper would be practically invincible- im sure you guys can figure it out!

CTF: standard raid the base, get the flag - get the heck out! ( no fog ) and you wouldnt be able to edit terrain- because it would be highly unfair if they tunnel right under the base then capture.

RUSH/ATB(arm the bomb): go to enemy fixed brain place a timed explosive charge then leave, other team comes in disarms it with the disarm tool. thats pretty much it!

those would be just standard gms
and im sure again that you could comeup with some creative game modes

Good luck!

Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:07 am

Post Re: Online Multiplayer- request
Someone made a version that kinda worked. I didn't try it, but IIRC terrain damage was not synced, and it generally wasn't flawless. CC was never built to have online multiplayer, and it would probably need a full rewrite to support it without gamebreaking problems. Maybe for CC 2?

Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:54 am
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

IIRC there would be far too much data to sync, so it would be extremely laggy on your current average connection.
The game engine also wasn't built with online mp in mind, so you'd have to rewrite tons of stuff.
So yeah, the answer to online multiplayer is still no.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:22 pm

yeah, i knew it would be a 'no' BUT
i think there would be a chance for multiplayer for cave vehicle engine, right?
it could be a multiplayer version of CC since CVE is still in development so they wouldnt have to rewrite ♥♥♥♥ tons of codes and scripts.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:27 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

CVE is going to be a completely different game, and we have heard absolutely nothing multiplayer-related yet. If I were you, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:35 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Though the line of argument against online play for CC is much more invalid for CVE.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:40 pm

I played multiplayer over remote desktop one time. Could be fun if you're facing another laggy guy and you both just use ai go tos.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]