View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 My Sprite Art Requests Thread 

Post My Sprite Art Requests Thread
Hello, I'm going to try my hand at a few requests for sprite art for training purposes.

---------HELPING ME OUT------

Not sure how many people will post requests, or what they are going to be requesting, but if you truly want help on your projects but dont feel like drawing any of the art, I'm here to help, no charge. HOWEVER, if you could post attachments of image blanks in the proper size of your image or sprites, this can help me greatly. Just make sure to cover the background in the Cortex Command clear color.

Or copy and paste this form of request:

Name of Art:
Description of Type:
Blank Image Sheet in Size needed(Optional but Helpful if specific size needed): [Insert attachment or image file here]

ill get them done as soon as I feel like it to be honest... but hey... im up for anything really. I'll even do attachments. And they are all open source!

Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:22 am

Post Re: My Sprite Art Requests Thread
How about a UNSC Pelican? A tad bit larger than an MK1 dropship.
If you consider drawing it, that would be great cause I keep procrastinating. The engines should not be visible, just the thruster fire.

Heres what i've gotten done so far:
I know, its atrocious

I would greatly appreciate your help if you do sprite it!

Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:18 pm

AndyChanglee wrote:
How about a UNSC Pelican? A tad bit larger than an MK1 dropship.
If you consider drawing it, that would be great cause I keep procrastinating. The engines should not be visible, just the thruster fire.

Heres what i've gotten done so far:
I know, its atrocious

I would greatly appreciate your help if you do sprite it!

Ah, well I'm a big halo fan so I can do this.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:03 am

Attachment:
ok.bmp [11.18 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

Dunno W-T-F happened to be honest.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:37 pm

lol wut. Its beautiful, just not exactly a Pelican :lol: . This is way better than my place holder though, good work and thanks!

Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:18 pm

AndyChanglee wrote:
lol wut. Its beautiful, just not exactly a Pelican :lol: . This is way better than my place holder though, good work and thanks!

I lost my log in information, and yes it did come out good. However, no it's no where near a pelican. You could perhaps call it the "Pelican Mark V" or something.

But feel free to arrange the art in a way thats more pelican, as you can see I've managed to somewhat create the nice pale steel green color on the cockpits left side. Thats a good reference for your wings. And I think the cockpit was done rather well. And the vents.

If you want a tip for spriting large pieces like ships. Just sprite one half of the ship, and then select, copy, and paste, then flip it on its horizon. That saves a lot of time. You can even do it with smaller sections.

One other thing, it's not really complete, as I should have shown the tail wings coming from the back, and you only told me to sprite the ship (which I messed up) so I didn't do engine exhausts or engine parts (the parts that you tell with lua to move based on engine movement)

I have an idea on how that could work, you could attach 2 engines to its back, small ones, that show the ship moving or landing. and they can move in unison like a larger drop ship. But the problem is this, how do you layer the ship ABOVE the engines, so they aren't shown on the same level? Otherwise you'd have two little engines overlapping the cockpit it would look wrong.

Also, I can attempt to modify this to make it more like a pelican.

Do you have any other things you need? i can do any Halo specific stuff, like the flood. But I ask that you provide me with a detailed sprite sheet (just spacing, no actual art required) so that I have an idea on how you're going to offset it- as I am terrible, I mean, absoLUTELY terrible at off setting. Meaning I've never actually attempted to LEARN off setting because it seemed so complicated and had reverse y coordinates which make m even more confused.

Once I reinstall my art programs I will attempt to make it more like a pelican and less like a Pelican Mark whatever.

Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:00 pm

The ship can be layered above the engines, all it needs is to change exactly 2 numbers from 1 to 0, so it doesn't draw in front of the Parent, which would be the hull.

If you could make it a tad bit more pelicany, that would be great! I just about ready to start working on the pelican, just have to sort out some issues with new weapons i'm including.

You don't have to draw the engine stuff, Im not going to make them visible. Thanks for the tips and help!

Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:29 pm

AndyChanglee wrote:
The ship can be layered above the engines, all it needs is to change exactly 2 numbers from 1 to 0, so it doesn't draw in front of the Parent, which would be the hull.

If you could make it a tad bit more pelicany, that would be great! I just about ready to start working on the pelican, just have to sort out some issues with new weapons i'm including.

You don't have to draw the engine stuff, Im not going to make them visible. Thanks for the tips and help!

Well it seems the OP abandoned the project so I thought I'd chip in with this;

Attachment:
File comment: Transportish.
pelicany.bmp [15.33 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

It seems a lot more transport like and less attack ship like than the OP's.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:25 am

I'm looking at it though, it needs some serious recoloring on its right side, and also on the wings and perhaps the body on the top.

Errr.... Here, you can compare the two. I would just edit it to your liking compared to your mods other art work tbh.

Attachment:
File comment: Try again?
pelicany2.bmp [15.33 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

GOD THAT LOOKS LIKE ♥♥♥♥.

Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]