View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 CortexCommand:Aftermath [Battlefield 3 WIP mod] v0.1 

CortexCommand:Aftermath [Battlefield 3 WIP mod] v0.1
Welcome,Gentlemen and ladies,i would like to present you a mod wich is WIP,called:

Good day everyone,you probably have a typical question,what about this mod is/will be,simply let me introduce a little myself...
Its a 5 months when i was installed Battlefield 3,it was extremely intensive ,that sounds,visual experience and overall atmosphere,i..just cant describe how i felt at that moment,that much incredible it was,about 3 months later,i have discovered this game,called Cortex Command,ive just fell in love with that gorgeous physics system,where is everything,now really everything destructible in little fancy pixels,i felt so awkward when playing this project,so ive straightly decided to do a mod,to support this,and make for players a different experience too....

So what is this about?
This mod forces to create on CC playground dynamic sound system and tiny visual enhancement as Battlefield 3 provides,the main point is to compile as closest as possible sounds,models,maps,Bunker Pieces (Buildings),vehicles also all possible stuff from Battlefield 3 and convert it into CC style,basically create a Battlefield 3 inside Cortex Command...

But how this will work?
Yes,its not that simple,but on other side,it is.The main point is to create in CC a "Distant Battle" wich is actually an dynamic sounds sounding from big distance,its quite simple,if player does not see an actor shooting on his camera or has it on eyes,he would hear his every single step,shot and breath as "Distant" exactly as it is in battlefield 3...

Why did you made this WIP?
Honestly,and without bit♥♥♥♥♥,i need help,im working with Vegas pro 10 over 6 years and and can rip,enhance or edit some sounds,despite all of this nothing i have also some ideas to realize,as this one,but i conclusively cannot make sprites yet,and i suck hard at scripting,i cannot make everything alone,more people means more ideas,much better functionality of an actual mod...

WARNING:AfterMath will for now override some of your Ronin files,back them up,until mod will be standalone full version .rte

How to Install:
Simply put the Base.rte and Ronin.rte into Your CC folder..

Modified Sound Files:

------------------------------------------------------
ToDo List:
Green means Done,in mod
Blue Means in next release
White means Planned
-Text- means newly added
All weapons sounds from Battlefield 3 (some weapons sounds are already in mod)
Standalone mod,.rte file
Dynamic Distant Battle Sound System
Custom sprites
Custom scripts
Custom visual effects
Maps from Battlefield 3
Vehicles
Missions
Stationary defenses
Gadgets
Dynamic sound Echo (Different sounding in cave,different outside)
Revive-reanimating (If actor is not shattered)
Dynamic Soldier Shouting,reactions
Full soundtrack (Half of soundtrack is already in mod)
Better sounds,better timing on soundtrack
Better Menu
Completely new scenery and atmosphere
Sounds attached to scenes
-Reanimated "You loose" screen to BF3 style-
Animated visual effects as in Battlefield 3
Completely new Intro in top quality (based on Cortex Command with theme about mod)
Fully animated loading screen
More sounds
Enhanced and animated GUI
Enhanced AI corresponding to Battlefield 3 (By elements)
All mods compatibility
Anyway,thanks so much for viewing this mod thread,its my first mod and i hope i would get enough of material and people to realize this,i know that it is possible,and know how it works actually from what i learned,thats reason why did i started with this project,if you would like to help me,i would Extremely appreciate it,as i was mentioned,i can barely do a script,and sprite,from what i tried....man,such not closer to the win,if you have some idea,Open yourself! Inform me in PM or down there in comments,every detail is very very important,Thanks for your presence,and please,im sorry for faults in my grammar,im from Czech Republic,and still learning everything....Thank you :)
If something dont works please dont be rude :( Repair will be commenced as soon as possible...
Download 0.1
NOTE to the rules of forum:As forum rules says,file MUST be .rte,this mod isnt meant from 45% to be a single itself working .rte due to menu sounds and overall artwork in actual game (also loading screen)

Last edited by SaladCz on Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:03 am

Post Re: CortexCommand:Aftermath [Battlefield 3 WIP mod] v0.1
You won't get many DLs unless you add screnshots. So, pics please?

Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:29 pm

Would you be able to put up a small gameplay video with sound..??
This sounds awesome lolol

**EDIT** also as I recently bought battlefield 3 premium edition I know the feeling, I love the player shouting, just like your playing singleplayer....

SHI*T! ENEMY TANK!
This is radio com uhh no Sh*t yeah, there's an enemy tank in your area, take care over.
HERE SHE COMES BOYS! WE NEED ANTI TANK!

The combine soldier mod has a somewhat ambient and battle based radio system.... what if I or someone started ripping sound files from bf3 and loaded them onto that system?
That should work if that guy gives us permission....

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:00 pm

Pics are required, mate.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:57 pm

Sounds nice... gonna try it. But i will backup my Base.rte and Ronin.rte just incase C:
EDIT: Had to work on my Ronin.rte because some Sound Files werent there (not your fault, it was mine). Because i looked around a little bit, the mod cares about the Sounds of Things, like the Echos of some Guns. (But still, some lack :/). I really like the normal Music, it reminds me of a old game i played on my Sega, X-Man or something.
More EDIT: The Battle Music (aka Music when youre playing in a Map) seems to play only once and then changes to the vanilla Music.

Last edited by Notsoscary on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:27 pm

Hellevator wrote:
Pics are required, mate.

I can say this mod is legit....
Changes main menu to a more awesome theme, music is from bf3 and its really nice to listen too, the win and loose sounds are nice too, I enjoy the current in match music but it needs more LOLOL
When preparing its the kind of music you would listen to while loading a rifle, fits nice, combat music needs a bit more variety though, Hopefully this post can count for legitness seeing as it has no pictures left

Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:30 pm

Hellevator wrote:
Pics are required, mate.

Well atm the mod only adds sounds so pics are impossible.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:06 pm

scrdest wrote:
You won't get many DLs unless you add screnshots. So, pics please?

I would absoultely love to add some screenshots,but as known this mod is right now "work in progress" and theres such not much to see (excepting menu),mods actually adds few sounds to ronin and soundtrack,its not done yet so in final version there will be everything on its place

Notsoscary wrote:
Sounds nice... gonna try it. But i will backup my Base.rte and Ronin.rte just incase C:
EDIT: Had to work on my Ronin.rte because some Sound Files werent there (not your fault, it was mine). Because i looked around a little bit, the mod cares about the Sounds of Things, like the Echos of some Guns. (But still, some lack :/). I really like the normal Music, it reminds me of a old game i played on my Sega, X-Man or something.
More EDIT: The Battle Music (aka Music when youre playing in a Map) seems to play only once and then changes to the vanilla Music.

Actually this is just to showoff the atmosphere atm,in full version (1.0) will be the soundtrack more dynamic,the scene will look and sound that way whats actor doing,so when he will be in caves or close quarters,the music will dynamically change,when on open enviroment,the gunsounds and music will a bit change,also im planning separate whole mod into 3 stages or files 1.Only Sound mod 2. Only visual (practically not full experience) 3.And Full mod with everything,there will be also version without music,so you would be able to play with vanilla soundtrack,but with Aftermath sound system,also theres one sound file,with one single song,it will disappear at version 0.2,also the 0.2 version will be already Different experience and finnaly the standalone .rte file...

SturmFalkeRDA wrote:
Would you be able to put up a small gameplay video with sound..??
This sounds awesome lolol

**EDIT** also as I recently bought battlefield 3 premium edition I know the feeling, I love the player shouting, just like your playing singleplayer....

SHI*T! ENEMY TANK!
This is radio com uhh no Sh*t yeah, there's an enemy tank in your area, take care over.
HERE SHE COMES BOYS! WE NEED ANTI TANK!

The combine soldier mod has a somewhat ambient and battle based radio system.... what if I or someone started ripping sound files from bf3 and loaded them onto that system?
That should work if that guy gives us permission....

Well,due to the Battlefield 3 extremely complex sound engine,its hard to record how he screams HOLY FU♥♥ GRENATE (lulz) without the actual explosion + the modding of BF3 is nearly impossible,so i have to rip sounds straight from game (you can meet me someday on non ranked vanilla server,theres one actually,you will see a guy shooting into nowhere at plains lol),but anyway,im so damn sorry that i didnt put that video :( i forgot,im going to do it as soon as possible,also i can ask him,yes yes,first time i wanted to make everything own,but i dont have sadly people for this :C working on video NOW (tightface) thank you

SturmFalkeRDA wrote:
Hellevator wrote:
Pics are required, mate.

I can say this mod is legit....
Changes main menu to a more awesome theme, music is from bf3 and its really nice to listen too, the win and loose sounds are nice too, I enjoy the current in match music but it needs more LOLOL
When preparing its the kind of music you would listen to while loading a rifle, fits nice, combat music needs a bit more variety though, Hopefully this post can count for legitness seeing as it has no pictures left

Im fixing and still recording the sounds for more weapons,also screams and replacing soundtracks to right scenes,also menu,everything will be 80% different,but it will be a still cortex command ( i just need people wich will do sprites and coding to be honest lol)

Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:37 pm

By the way, ive checked if there is any "You lost" Soundtrack inplented already, how about "Solomons Theme" as its also the "Your Team Lost" Soundtrack in BF3.

Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:53 pm

Notsoscary wrote:
By the way, ive checked if there is any "You lost" Soundtrack inplented already, how about "Solomons Theme" as its also the "Your Team Lost" Soundtrack in BF3.

Noted,the "You lost" screen,is in CC right now labeled as "Fail",but in newer versions im planning to do an effect,when the actor dies,whole screen will got a slowly dark blue screen with oclussion,and "You lost" will appear in typical "BF3" style,im working on video wich will show some of those functions and new effects in version 0.2

Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:49 am

Is the title of the mod based on the BF3 DLC, Aftermath?

Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:53 am

This Mod is older than BF3, so nope.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:12 am

Okay. My bro thought it was based on Aftermath, though.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:14 pm

FatZombie wrote:
Okay. My bro thought it was based on Aftermath, though.

The mod itself is based on whole Battlefield 3,it will include soldiers look after catastrophe,as various variations,as im still working on it alone,so it goes incredibly slow,and also as battlefield 3 gets updates,it comes with this mod,so when Battlefield 3 updates,the mod updates,but thats feature currently to the future,due to that the mod is not done yet...

Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:04 am

SaladCz wrote:
Well,due to the Battlefield 3 extremely complex sound engine,its hard to record how he screams HOLY FU♥♥ GRENATE (lulz) without the actual explosion + the modding of BF3 is nearly impossible,so i have to rip sounds straight from game (you can meet me someday on non ranked vanilla server,theres one actually,you will see a guy shooting into nowhere at plains lol),but anyway,im so damn sorry that i didnt put that video :( i forgot,im going to do it as soon as possible,also i can ask him,yes yes,first time i wanted to make everything own,but i dont have sadly people for this :C working on video NOW (tightface) thank you
[..]
Im fixing and still recording the sounds for more weapons,also screams and replacing soundtracks to right scenes,also menu,everything will be 80% different,but it will be a still cortex command ( i just need people wich will do sprites and coding to be honest lol)

In reponse to adding BF3's soldier voices: Why not add these voices along with the gunfire? You dont have to use it seperately.
For example, if an actor throws a grenade, you could combine the sound of the actor throwing the grenade, and shouting "Grenade out".
I'm not sure, but if I recall correctly I've seen others using multiple sounds for the same action, so it's random which sound you get for the action. If that's possible, you could use this to properly implement Battlefield 3's own scala of different sounds for the same actions.

Also, as I understand you want to add background sounds, you could record Battlefield 3's. The best example might be Operation Metro's. Operation Metro, depending on the gamemode, has about 4 different loops of background noises- One in the park, one in the metro tunnels, one in the streets, and another in the stockexchange. Having a different background loop per map/region is something I don't know whether it's possible though.

I could help you with GUI/screens/menus, sounds, and the intro you want to. I also have some nice ideas, but I'm a next-to-worthless spriter (I can only make small guns/tools) and coder though. Maybe some organizing or tidying for you. PM/Email me if you want me.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next