View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Balanced faction mods? 

Post Balanced faction mods?
I've been trying out different modded factions recently, mods such as S.A.W. crobotech, AAL, the bear federation, but they all seem totally overpowered to the vanilla factions. The only mods so far I like are the onicorps and the Mu-slavaki (not entirely sure that's how it's spelt) because they fit in well with the other factions and their not ungodly, so if anyone has a link to a 'balanced' faction, I'd much appreciate it :grin:

Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:44 pm
Data Realms Elite
Data Realms Elite

Post Re: Balanced faction mods?
Untitled Tech is fairly balanced. The soldiers are pretty well-rounded but a bit frail, the guns are a good value but not too great, etc. Overall just pretty good.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:02 am
Profile WWW

That's exactly the kind of faction I'm looking for, not overpowered and not ridiculously cheap, thanks! I'm still open for more though :grin:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:09 pm

We are still trying to make this thing fairly balanced with vanilla, but there are still some balance issues we're trying to deal with. Note that contents of the last update are a bit stronger than vanilla in general, because they are meant to be so: what is there right now is some kind of elite, expensive forces. In the nearest update we're adding some cannon fodder guys to fill the place of cheap cannon fodder kind of content, so stay tuned for updates. New class of actors that is yet to be added is proven to be completely balanced with vanilla.

As we are trying to balance the mod and you seem to be a player that likes balanced thing I would really appreciate it if you tried it and reported any balance issues you could find so we can improve it for your pleasure.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:12 pm
Profile ICQ

I'd be happy to try it out :) I just visited the link to your mod and I like it, it looks original, promising and im especially pleased that its balanced, I realise they may be stronger than vanilla, hence why you'd raise the price, encouraging players to think strategically when purchasing units, but little details like that can improve the general experience of a game :grin: I will give it a try when I get the chance, thank you!

Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]